[RUMOR] Info on new TSL Character

I don't know if this is new or old but TheForce.net had this up.

Darth Sugarplum sends in some interesting new info on a character from KOTOR2. Please keep in mind that as of this time, it's still rumored, but I have a feeling that this will have more light shed on it soon...

Character Overview: Darth Sion

A twisted wreck, Darth Sion is a Sith Lord held together only by sheer force of will. Every bone in his body has been shattered and rebuilt, turning his skeleton and his flesh into a patchwork mass of bruises and scraping bone. He is in constant pain, and only his hatred and the power of the Dark Side keeps him alive.

Sion is exceedingly difficult to kill

Zoq and Fot: *mumble mumble mumble and other discussing sounds*

Pik: ....

Fot: We agree.

Zoq: What? There's nothing to agree with.

Fot: Uh...I agree that there is nothing to agree with.

Zoq: You're hopeless.

You scare me.

Actually you remind me of this guy on the MPHQ forum who did exactly the same thing. He scared me too.

I want the "main" sith lord to be even cooler....I dunno, I guess its interesting about his skin or something? But I want the main villain to have actual depth, and motivation, his parents were killed by the jedi, or something like that, bad example!! ;)

I want the "main" sith lord to be even cooler....I dunno, I guess its interesting about his skin or something? But I want the main villain to have actual depth, and motivation, his parents were killed by the jedi, or something like that, bad example!! ;)

True enough that the better background and reasons there is for the character having beome a sith, the better it is. Still, as it said "Like most of the Sith Lords, Sion has few redeeming qualities."... Can't expect too much from the ultra-bad guys, I suppose ;).

Still if this infromation is true, it's cool :p. Wonder what this Sith Lord would look like, then... Perhaps much like Maw from the first Jedi Knight game?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

You scare me.

Actually you remind me of this guy on the MPHQ forum who did exactly the same thing. He scared me too.

Fot: You should be, MUWAHAHAHAHA!

Zoq: Ignor him. He's a idiot.

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

True enough that the better background and reasons there is for the character having beome a sith, the better it is. Still, as it said "Like most of the Sith Lords, Sion has few redeeming qualities."... Can't expect too much from the ultra-bad guys, I suppose :unsure:.

Still if this infromation is true, it's cool :). Wonder what this Sith Lord would look like, then... Perhaps much like Maw from the first Jedi Knight game?

I'm glad that you brought this up. Remember in a recent interview it was asked about how KOTOR 2 would play out? And I believe it was Chris Avellone that someone like "We are exploring the Master and Apprentice relationship in TSL".

Since in this rumor it was said that Darth Sion has a few redeeming qualities....redeeming such has he can be turned back to the lightside? With that being said this is what I thought up.

Maybe years ago when your player character fought in the Mandalorian War you also had an apprentice....this apprentice being Darth Sion. Which will go well with the master/apprentice thingy. Maybe this is the twist or something and maybe you'll be able to bring him back to the Lightside or something to that nature.

Yes it sounds crappy but its only speculation and all speculation is crappy cause it isn't true.

I'm glad that you brought this up. Remember in a recent interview it was asked about how KOTOR 2 would play out? And I believe it was Chris Avellone that someone like "We are exploring the Master and Apprentice relationship in TSL".

That could also mean thet you might become an apparentice of one of the sith lords.. Just a silly little idea I got, but I was thinking that with some new classes being added to the light and dark side, what if you have to beocme an apaprentice to one of the Dark Lords or something like that in order to ascend to one of these classes? At least, I've heard that reaching these elvels won't quite workt he way they did int he first KOTOR. anyway, if so Darth Sion might be the oen who could "open" you tot he Sith Assassin class. Well, jsut dumb speculation, probably, but even so... :unsure:

Since in this rumor it was said that Darth Sion has a few redeeming qualities....redeeming such has he can be turned back to the lightside? With that being said this is what I thought up.

Maybe years ago when your player character fought in the Mandalorian War you also had an apprentice....this apprentice being Darth Sion. Which will go well with the master/apprentice thingy. Maybe this is the twist or something and maybe you'll be able to bring him back to the Lightside or something to that nature.

hmm, bring him back to the light side? Interesting throught, through I wouldn't expect this to be something easy to do; a Sith Lord is among the people most deep into the dark side, with little reason for abandoning what power they've taken for themselves.

Yes it sounds crappy but its only speculation and all speculation is crappy cause it isn't true.

Could very well go with the master/apprentice thing. But so could many other things int he game :). Anyway, as you said, this is only speculation and in speculation, everything's allowed :D . And some wild speculations have proved themselves to be true or not too far off from the truth :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It sounds most indefinitely like the sith bone-mask guy. Makes sense that you might find him fighting Ms. White Hair as is shown in the concept art... and that sounds like a cool idea. Maybe he's not "well developed", but not everyone is or has to be to be realistic. It's a unique idea, anyway, though it sounds a WHOLE lot like Vhailor in star wars. I still like it, though.

I am not overly impressed.

Are you ever?

The idea sounds good to me, if it's accurate. I doubt it will be the bone-mask guy, though.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Why not? Too much of a coincidence? He is in the game, you know. You can't really make out his features, and his mask IS made of bone from what I can tell. It fits with what I've seen - something about the man seems ghostly, strange, domineering - exactly as I'd imagine this character explained here.

Why do you think it's not the masked guy?

"So, how about that Frungy match? Its the Sport of Kings, you know." :unsure:

Why not? Too much of a coincidence? He is in the game, you know. You can't really make out his features, and his mask IS made of bone from what I can tell. It fits with what I've seen - something about the man seems ghostly, strange, domineering - exactly as I'd imagine this character explained here.

Why do you think it's not the masked guy?

Perhaps I'm just using the Bioware school of thought; the guy they plaster everywhere, on the cover of the game and on their main page and so forth is always the MAIN villain.

And this guy sounds more like a grunt.

Just call it a hunch.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

He has the looks of an especially hard sub-boss. Someone who doesn't really matter that much but fights you and is hard. Maybe the hardest bosses's minion. He better not be the main boss because that idea is very cool for a minion but lame for a super evil boss.

I to and dubious of this until confirmation is given, but thanks whoever started the topic.

In the spirt of Sithness he ought to force choke alot of underlings.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Maybe he is like commander of sith special forces

In the quote, it said he was the leader of a group of Sith Assassins.

He definitely sounds like a cool boss you could take on at some point in the game. It's the part about him being able to take critical damage and shrugging it off that's got my attention... and has me hoping for a big fight.

I could see him being the main villain. Who is a more bad ass Sith than the one you put in charge of wiping out the freaking Jedi Order? Who is more likely to have the most active and direct role in hunting down the PC? Let's not forget the whole broken, twisted body thing which inevitably leads to a mask. Malak didn't have that mask just for looks. :unsure: Also continues the same vein of physically mutilated Sith Lords. Vader, Malak, Emperor(with his decayed and withering body). He could use a little more backstory sure. But he's already got about as much as Malak. :blink: At the least Im sure he'll be a pretty big boss. Assuming the rumor is actually accurate.

I could see him being the main villain. Who is a more bad ass Sith than the one you put in charge of wiping out the freaking Jedi Order? Who is more likely to have the most active and direct role in hunting down the PC? He could use a little more backstory sure. But he's already got about as much as Malak. :unsure: At the least Im sure he'll be a pretty big boss. Assuming the rumor is actually accurate.

You misunderstood the quote. It says Sion is one of the Sith Lords hunting down the Jedi. Sion is not the only one doing this. From what I've heard of the game, all of the Sith Lords will be after the remaining Jedi. There isn't just one guy in charge of the hunt.