Dantooine in KotOR II

Heh. I usually play my main char as clean and pure, usually if I decide to kill them all for the XP its by listening to the storyteller (worthy of history, after giving them the dragon pearl) and asking if the resemblance between their ancient people and the outsiders is cultural or physical. Poke HK to ask and they'll think you're telling it wrong, and attack. Without you having to gain a single dark side point for it :D

Eventhough the picture has a gloomy look to it, however i expect Dantooine to be even more darker than that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Heh. I usually play my main char as clean and pure, usually if I decide to kill them all for the XP its by listening to the storyteller (worthy of history, after giving them the dragon pearl) and asking if the resemblance between their ancient people and the outsiders is cultural or physical. Poke HK to ask and they'll think you're telling it wrong, and attack. Without you having to gain a single dark side point for it :D

I did the same thing. You get to hear the background, get all the XP, walk away with the Krayt Pearl, and kill all the sandpeople without any dark side points.

I did the same thing. You get to hear the background, get all the XP, walk away with the Krayt Pearl, and kill all the sandpeople without any dark side points.

Same here. Who wouldn't? I understand their trying to protect their land from foreign invaders but let's face it. The Sand People are ****. My lightside Jedi can make an exception. :unsure:

The wookies were too stupid to figure out what was going on and blinded by their traditions and everything. Oh whats this Chuundar is dealing with slavers? Oh but you attacked him with your claws so I wont listen to anything you have to say blah blah. If thats how their going to be they deserve what they get. But I ended up pitying them more than the sand people. They distrust outsiders and have seemingly unswerving loyalty to Chuundar. How ironic. Of course there's also the fact once youve gained their trust asking a simple question doesnt make every single one of them go psycho on you.

As for the Selkath... I dont see the similarity. The Selkath are very well off especially compared to the wookies and Sand people. They were not occupied. They had dealings with foreigners because they werent psycho isolationists and wanted the goods they could trade kolto for. They built a city just to house non-selkath. Their smart and diplomatic. Everything the wookies and sand people aren't.

It was also kind of a joke on the psychoness of the sand people. They should take a page from the Jawas book and ditch the religious ideaological fanaticism.

Speaking of which who "owns" Tattooine? The Jawas or Sand People. The Jawas dont mind the miners being there. The Sand People do. Who has "ownership"? Where do the Jawas even come in? The Sand People histories don't suggest anything about who or what Jawas are. Of course their history is insanely egocentric.

The sand people are more powerful so they probably own it. There are a bunch of Selkath on Manaan that say "Your kind isn't welcome here." And Wookies are a primative species that still rely on ancient traditions.

iceman1731.jpg

The Sand People just don't like having people try to take thier land. You have to remember you are the aliens on thier planet. Besides the settlers thier only contact with the rest of the galaxy is the Rakata and that was a bad one since they were enslaved. Even after generations that distrust that thier ancesters had still lingers.

I like the Selkath. Most of them were **** but all the court cases ere fun.

The Wookies just didn't want to believe one of thier own could be a traitor. Look at Rorowwwr or whhatever his name was they didn't want to believe he sold his own people into slavery. I never canlet slavery succeed on that planet I always stop it.

The sand people are more powerful so they probably own it. There are a bunch of Selkath on Manaan that say "Your kind isn't welcome here." And Wookies are a primative species that still rely on ancient traditions.

Oh well Czerka Corp is stronger than the sand people so they own it now. :(

Oh well Jawas dont have the military might of the Sand People so it's not their planet. :rolleyes:

I don't remember Selkath saying that. Doesn't make much sense to say your kind isn't welcome here then build a big city for them and hang out in that city to tell them they don't belong. :p

And I hardly think a few Selkath represent the views of the majority of Selkath. It was clear with the Wookies and Sand People the vast majority hated outsiders since every single one talks about how pathetic and evil you automatically are for being an outsider while they live crappy lives in squalor. But if there are Selkath saying that, it is probably a minority based on their races actions and most Selkath's dialogue.

There are also political overtones to the city of Manaan that they may be referring to more than a cultural or specieist superiority. They don't want to be involved in the war for either side so some Selkath when you try and speak to them voice their opinion that they wish you'd just go away and leave them alone. Not in the sense you're a filthy human but a dang Republic or Sith soldier bringing a war they don't care about to their planet.

The Sand People just don't like having people try to take thier land. You have to remember you are the aliens on thier planet. Besides the settlers thier only contact with the rest of the galaxy is the Rakata and that was a bad one since they were enslaved. Even after generations that distrust that thier ancesters had still lingers.

I like the Selkath. Most of them were **** but all the court cases ere fun.

The Wookies just didn't want to believe one of thier own could be a traitor. Look at Rorowwwr or whhatever his name was they didn't want to believe he sold his own people into slavery. I never canlet slavery succeed on that planet I always stop it.

Which is understandable but when you kill EVERYONE including the people that want to help you and have gone so far as to recover a frigging Krayt Dragon pearl for you because they ask a simple question that threatens your fragile egocentric view of the universe they lose my sympathy.

I like the Selkath too. Even their voices.

Thats my point. Wookies claim their own moral superiority and intelligence and deny the fact they are no different than any of theother races in their capacity for good or evil. Thus leaving them open to wookies like Chuundar. A race that deep in denial deserves what it gets especially at the hands of their OWN freaking people. There are things Id rather not believe about humans but I don't close my eyes and disregard all evidence to the contrary just because I dont WANT to believe it. I pitied them only because they were so stupid and ignorant of themselves and outsiders. They were like a big race of retards. And I liked opening Zaalbar's father's eyes and helping them "kind of" break tradition. I wish I could have convinced him to go back and rule because he SHOULD rule and Chuundar was a **** than because he had half of some stupid sword but baby steps. Baby steps.

Oh well Czerka Corp is stronger than the sand people so they own it now.  :(

If Czerka is stronger then how come they're allways ambushed in the dessert and either killed or captured.

Uh you mean why are lightly armed civilians having trouble driving off well equipped knowledgeable (in both combat and the geography/terrain) religious fanatics willing to die to drive them off? Gee I wonder. But Czerka Corp also has security forces and such, Hey they even hired ME, that are stronger than the Sand People and COULD wipe them out if they found Tattooine to be profitable enough to warrant such an expenditure of credits.

Do I own Tattooine since I can wipe out entire clans with just myself and two friends?

There is nothing wrong with the Selkath they were even cool in the way they fell after I poisoned them in the underwater base on Manaan :huh: . Seriously though Manaan was my second favorite planet and I don't understand what is peoples problems with Selkath..

The Wookies don't deserve slavery no matter how ignorant. Its one of the most heinous acts man can produce. If you do it you're an ignorant lazy b***h because you can't get up to do your own s**t yourself.

Go all they way back in thier history and thier distrust is explained even if they are fanatical about it. I have the feeling if they didn't fight Czerka would probaly try to enslave them like the Wookies and Builders.

The Wookies don't deserve slavery no matter how ignorant. Its one of the most heinous acts man can produce. If you do it you're an ignorant lazy b***h because you can't get up to do your own s**t yourself.

Is that an Insult? It wasn't very insulting because I am lazy and I would have like a Wookie slave.

iceman1731.jpg

Oh well Czerka Corp is stronger than the sand people so they own it now.  :huh:

If Czerka is stronger then how come they're allways ambushed in the dessert and either killed or captured.

Uh you mean why are lightly armed civilians having trouble driving off well equipped knowledgeable (in both combat and the geography/terrain) religious fanatics willing to die to drive them off? Gee I wonder. But Czerka Corp also has security forces and such, Hey they even hired ME, that are stronger than the Sand People and COULD wipe them out if they found Tattooine to be profitable enough to warrant such an expenditure of credits.

Do I own Tattooine since I can wipe out entire clans with just myself and two friends?

Sure you do. :p Or at least you can. That's what being the Dark Lord is all about, ne?

An ambush is a wise tactic for people who are outnumbered and outgunned, yet have what it takes to get the better of their enemies under the right circumstances. Czerka may have the bulk necessary to eradicate the Sand People, but that doesn't mean they know how to use it.

Personally, I think they should have just hired mercenaries or hunters to kill the sand people tribes tied to the raids, and given them the hardware needed to do so. The Sand People are an awful culture, and I have never seen anything in any of the movies or the games that would suggest that they are even remotely worthwhile.

Needless to say, I killed them all.

Personally, I think they should have just hired mercenaries or hunters to kill the sand people tribes tied to the raids, and given them the hardware needed to do so. The Sand People are an awful culture, and I have never seen anything in any of the movies or the games that would suggest that they are even remotely worthwhile.

Czerka wasn't turning a profit on Tattoine. From the companies perpective, hiring mercenaries to get rid of them would've been throwing good money after bad.

The reason that Czerka is enslaving wookies is because the neighbooring system to Kashyyyk the Tanshions( the aligator guy's people from Empire strikes back)

want the wookies enslaved because the wookies and aligator people are enemies.

The tuskin raders are animals they kill all ravege all and destroy all. they fear technology and fearing technology only gets you killed in the long run.

The Selkath are fish and fish dont like humans because humans like fish sticks!

the selkath are like the Protoss only... the Protoss would waste the selkath!!!

THe selkath are neutral and only want to sell their kolto to everyone.