Yuthura Ban

What would you want to have Yuthura's role be in Kotor 2?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want to have Yuthura's role be in Kotor 2?

• A joinable NPC
    • A cameo appearance
    • Nothing at all

My PC was a soldier/guardian, so persuasion wasn't his strongest suit. Not that it mattered, because I wouldn't have thought that redeeming an instructor at the Sith Academy would be possible in the first place. Still though, I think she had a lot of depth. My lightsaber went in real deep...

Still though, I think she had a lot of depth. My lightsaber went in real deep...

:huh: Nice.

I didn't know you could do it the first two times I played. On the third time I talked to her a little bit and figured it out. I thought it was interesting that the options was there to do so.

I would certainly like to have Yuthura in my party, but as already stated, only a few LS-people out there would be satisfied.

For those who haven't tried turning her to the light side, i had to have a persuasion at level 14 to befriend her when playing LSM/Guardian.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For those who haven't tried turning her to the light side, i had to have a persuasion at level 14 to befriend her when playing LSM/Guardian.

Don't have to have it that high really. I've done it around 9 and 10. Can always save in front of her before you talk,if it doesn't work reload and try again.

I think a lot is going to depend how many characters there are and what effects come into play on which ones you get.

Don't have to have it that high really. I've done it around 9 and 10. Can always save in front of her before you talk,if it doesn't work reload and try again.

I think a lot is going to depend how many characters there are and what effects come into play on which ones you get.

Probably, when playing LSF/Sentinel, i only needed the persuasion level at a mere 11.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Might even be able to do it with less,can't say I remember the exact stats for every time I've played.

Just curious,did you like playing as Sen? I love a balanced character but they seemed to get the worst of both worlds in Knights. I found a good build for a middle of the road character was a Solider/Consular.

Might even be able to do it with less,can't say I remember the exact stats for every time I've played.

Just curious,did you like playing as Sen? I love a balanced character but they seemed to get the worst of both worlds in Knights. I found a good build for a middle of the road character was a Solider/Consular.

I didn't really like it. You felt like you had no stronger sides of your character, everything was just 'in-between'. The only reason why i did it was satisfy my idle curiosity.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hmm,thanks. Like I said if haven't done it and want to play as a decent middle road character give the Solider/Consular a try. You get a decent amount of feats and VP points from the solider so you can not only live through a fight but dish out decent damage. You get a good amount of FP and powers from the consular which allows you to use the force to help out where you want it. Either in the offense or the Def.

Well, persuade got you so much more than anything else, and I still can't imagine having a more useful skill...

Oh, and something I just realized about Yuthura. Since you can decide if you had the light side ending or the dark side ending in kotor, Yuthura could still be light, or she could still be in the sith, if you let her go without converting her...Also, you know how the developers said you could influene your other NPC's light side/dark side thing? Yuthura would fall perfectly under this, as the dark side would tempt her if she was light, and you might be able to do what you did in kotor if she was still dark... :ph34r:

No matter what I'm playing as, I almost always assign most of my points to persuade...It's the most helpful skill, I think.

Same here. And I almost always use Scoundrel/Guardian. But I've done every thing else just to try it, and I'll never go sentinel again.

iceman1731.jpg

Well, persuade got you so much more than anything else, and I still can't imagine having a more useful skill...

Treat Injury if high enough I heard was suppose to unlock some little quests or something close because you can use the skill on others.

Repire is going to allow more modification to items on the work bench.

Security and Comp I would think could have some useful extras to them.

Dem might have a few nice features to them as well.

Not to say persuade will be useless but it's going to be hard for me to pick just a few skills at first. Kind of why I hope the Sens get fixed because of the skill points they'll have.

The character was fairly decent, but consider a few things.

Some people killed the character. The more branches you put into the story, the more time it takes to develop. If she's dead, then you need a replacement for that slot.

And for every character we lift from KOTOR, we are depriving the designers from coming up with new characters.

Some people killed the character. The more branches you put into the story, the more time it takes to develop. If she's dead, then you need a replacement for that slot.

Depending on how many character options they make for each branch that may have been taken into consideration all ready. Answer this way she's placed into the loop. Answer this way and someone else is.

And for every character we lift from KOTOR, we are depriving the designers from coming up with new characters.

Long as it's a decent character it works for me. Be it from Knights or a new one.

How can she be a joinable NPC when she's dead? And since there is a chance she died, I wouldn't include her. The same with Bastilla.

She does not have to die,it's an option and choice the player makes. As such it's possible that how you answer the questions could effect her being in the character selctions loop that is created by the conversations and whatever else goes into it.

But that's only if they choose to put her in,which they may not,same with Bas.

But the real question is......why would Bastila join? Wouldn't she be with Revan?

And how are people that are so hung up on the "level" of a character gonna react when they see that she is not level 18/19 or whatever?

I wouldn't doubt Bastila being in the game in some way (if she is not dead), but I would bet money that she will not be a joinable NPC.

And if she is...she cannot be a very well written one. No one is gonna spend all this time developing a character that has a chance of not even being in the game.