The It Sucks Thread

Topaz, why do you keep responding? 

You've made your feelings known, but this is a thread for people to vent their frustrations.  You're not helping matters by posting the same "its just a game" rheteric over and over to every post.

Read the topic title, realize it's a "venting" thread, and stay clear.  All your posts are doing is enflaming posters to arguments.

:(

But what if we could get the US xbox date pushed back?  That would be a great thing- a victory of Cosumer rights of the money-making whims of some CEO who's probably never so much as looked at a game in his life

ROFLMAO :)

Victory of consumer rights? More like victory of spoiled PC gamers. :(

So you want the X-Box version to sit in a warehouse for 2 months until the PC version is finished, eh? Yeah, it's crystal clear what's really going on here...... :)

That's very cynical of u. Would it hurt u to wait a mere 2 months with the rest of the world?

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

So why not just keep thier word? No, it wasn't signed in blood, ur right.  It wouldn't have hurt them to release everything at the same time like they said they would, in every magazine/internet article.  They wouldn't lose out.  But the way they've handled this- no apology or anything- has hurt them in terms of customer relations.  Do you know of this phenomena?  Bad customer care can often affect sales.

They should apologize for choosing to release the X-Box version when it's ready and not wait until the PC version is ready? Don't you think that would be unfair to X-Box consumers? :(

Ah ah ah, US xbox consumers. Roughly 50m/2-3billion. Now what's unfair?

So this is the offical complaint thread? I wonder if they made one just so they would know what thread to ignore... :D As much as I frequently disagree with Hades, I'd say his earlier posts are definately right (I haven't read past page 1 as you can't expect me to read 16 pages). We've been let down. It happened earlier and has happened again. Obsidian want's to get out of Bioware's shadow, yet makes the same mistakes.

That's very cynical of u.  Would it hurt u to wait a mere 2 months with the rest of the world?

LOL, you think I'm an X-Box gamer? :(

No I'm waiting for the PC version. But I'm not really frustrated; after all Feb. 2005 was the original date stated......

Ahhhh, I see your knocking years off my life for the hell of it. Cheers

But what if we could get the US xbox date pushed back?  That would be a great thing- a victory of Cosumer rights of the money-making whims of some CEO who's probably never so much as looked at a game in his life

ROFLMAO :)

Victory of consumer rights? More like victory of spoiled PC gamers. :(

So you want the X-Box version to sit in a warehouse for 2 months until the PC version is finished, eh? Yeah, it's crystal clear what's really going on here...... :)

Or keep polishing the xbox-version as much as possible until the PC-version is released.

Everybody wins.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So this is the offical complaint thread?  I wonder if they made one just so they would know what thread to ignore... :D  As much as I frequently disagree with Hades, I'd say his earlier posts are definately right (I haven't read past page 1 as you can't expect me to read 16 pages).  We've been let down.  It happened earlier and has happened again.  Obsidian want's to get out of Bioware's shadow, yet makes the same mistakes.

But Obsidian can't be held responsible, sure they make the game, but the publisher takes all the risks, therefore they make all the decisions :(

Ah ah ah, US xbox consumers.  Roughly 50m/2-3billion.  Now what's unfair?

How's it unfair on PC gamers exactly? They get the game ANYWAY in February....it's not like waiting 2 months is going to hurt them. :(

Just like it wouldn't hurt US xbox customers, you mean?

Hmmm....you seem to be overeager for the X-Box version to be held back by the PC version, like you want it to be...."your way."

perfectly good song. what would be the big deal with it being held back? Who would be treated unfairly? Had they issued simultanious release dates, would x box users in the US be complaining? No, they wouldn't because we'd all get it at the same time. This way there is an element of annoyance. So what exactly would be wrong with "my way" as you put it. Would it not have suited everyone? I don't expect the release date to be pushed back. All I'm saying is that they've handled it in a way which has upset some people, as you can see from the sheer amount of reaction to it. People aren't reacting over nothing. They're reacting because they've been treated very badly, and haven't had so much as an apology.

"If i remember the trailer they showed the xbox version of KOTOR 2.....and at the end of the trailer....it said winter 2004......maybe they meant xbox version to be released in 2004 since the start" No because it showed the Xbox and PCCD logos, sorry.

Hmmm....you seem to be overeager for the X-Box version to be held back by the PC version, like you want it to be...."your way."

<sarcasm> What, you mean like they said they'd do in every interview since it was announced? Even in that one where they asked specifically if PC gamers would have to wait again; and they promised it would be released at the same date one every platform it was available on worldwide? <_< </sarcasm>

If i remember the trailer they showed the xbox version of KOTOR 2.....and at the end of the trailer....it said winter 2004......maybe they meant xbox version to be released in 2004 since the start

Damn, does anyone still have that trailer and can confirm this? If so, they've been stringing us along longer than anyone even realized. :angry:

I've given up on the lawsuit, though I was actually insane enough to do it, had the funds ready to go, and all. But since I invisioned it as a team effort of KotOR community might, and I was really the only one who seemed interested in pursuing it.... :(

Damn, does anyone still have that trailer and can confirm this?  If so, they've been stringing us along longer than anyone even realized.  :angry: 

I believe it's still on gamespot.com and even on the LucasArts page itself, unless they took it down after the release date was announced.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Damn, does anyone still have that trailer and can confirm this?  If so, they've been stringing us along longer than anyone even realized.  :angry: 

I believe it's still on gamespot.com and even on the LucasArts page itself, unless they took it down after the release date was announced.

I had a hard enough time finding a site that was hosting it that supported download resuming the first time. Would anyone that has a highspeed connection please volunteer? :(

"Damn, does anyone still have that trailer and can confirm this? If so, they've been stringing us along longer than anyone even realized. "

BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :(:lol::lol::lol: :D :D :D

You honestly believe that?The whole purpose of my last post was to state that maybe the Xbox version was the only version that was gonna make that December release...maybe people misunderstood the publishers

I've given up on the lawsuit, though I was actually insane enough to do it, had the funds ready to go, and all. But since I invisioned it as a team effort of KotOR community might, and I was really the only one who seemed interested in pursuing it.... :(

That's a pity, u had my vote, it would've been interesting to see.

I've very curious what the heck these numbers you're quoting are. I can't think of anything that comes anywhere near these (except the population of the planet, which is greater than 3 billion).

I've given up on the lawsuit, though I was actually insane enough to do it, had the funds ready to go, and all.  But since I invisioned it as a team effort of KotOR community might, and I was really the only one who seemed interested in pursuing it....  :(

I've already explained why it wouldn't make it to court anyway, and even if it did, it wouldn't succeed.

"A delay is a delay is a delay."

Sure it is, but the PC version isn't really delayed, the X-box one is just coming out sooner that it was supposed to.

"Shoddy treatment of customers, lies and deception coupled with a second-rate product normally equals a loss of business for any other company."

Shouldn't you actually wait for the product to come out before calling it second-rate? Just a thought.

Second-rate in the sense that us PC gamers are receiving a spoiled and hence not a truly "new" product. In a cRPG of this nature, plot twits and other story related mechanisms are quintessentially integral. If these qualities become invalidated then it pretty much is second-rate for us PC gamers.

Sad but true. <_<

manthing2.jpg

I've very curious what the heck these numbers you're quoting are. I can't think of anything that comes anywhere near these (except the population of the planet, which is greater than 3 billion).

America's population is about 300 million taking into account mormonism, if each houshold has an xbox owner your looking at 50-60 million people who actually own and play an xbox. I could be wrong, of course, but its only common sense. The world's population is over 3b, yes, in fact its over 6 billion (before you tell ME to get MY facts straight) Around half of them probably own an xbox, again, I could be wrong, but the point was that u get the idea right? there are, in fact, other places in the world than America, and that America isn't even the world's largest country, therefore giving KOTOR2 early to a small percentage is unfair on the rest of us.

Darth Sirius, i couldn't agree with you more.