KOTOR II Force Powers

That would make sense, as your player character should probably only be able to affect nearby friends and enemies with Battle Meditation. I mean, it would be cool to enter the Sith fortress and find your nemesis slobbering all over himself like a dog because you used Battle Meditation in the first level, but it just wouldn't be realistic.

"You shall not pass!"

One of the interviews stated that Battle Meditation can effect larger scale battles, presumably via dialog and cut scenes.

In normal combat I expect it will give friendlies bonuses to attack and defence (and maybe critical hit chance) and hostiles penalties to the same. It won't change ability scores like valour (which I found very useful out of combat to boost skills).

Rage/Fury will probably boost Attack, Damage, number of attacks and HP but penalise defence.

Force Sight really aught to boost Awereness skill in addition to its other effects.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Guest Michael Chu
Bastila's Battle Meditation was special because it isn't supposed to extend very far from the user. At least it doesn't in the PnP game.

In the Tales of the Jedi comics and in other sources where Battle Meditation-like Force manipulation is referred to, it is frequently portrayed as being able to affect large scale battles, like what Bastila does in KotOR1.

The one thing I like to see is Force usage is more like the PnP game. In the PnP game you have Vitality and Wound scores. Each time you use the force your Vitality goes down. Also anytime you get hit your Vitality goes down. When you get to zero vitality you take wound damage. Wound score equals tot he character's Constitution. If a critical hit is done it does normal weapon damage but it hits directly to the Character's Wound score. When Wound hits zero the character is dead.

It would make things a lot harder and riskier for Force Users and make the game far more challenging than the first. It would also balance non-force users as well with the force users.

Also One more little request. Make character death, as in 0 hit points, mean character death. It was so Final Fantasy in the first KotOR that it was quite stupid.

In the Tales of the Jedi comics and in other sources where Battle Meditation-like Force manipulation is referred to, it is frequently portrayed as being able to affect large scale battles, like what Bastila does in KotOR1.

Any chance of seeing Battle Meditation effect large-scale battles in TSL? Probably not, but you never know....

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Not like it's a realistic game anyway. (Not that Star Wars is realistic either, mind you.) It takes half-a-dozen blaster shots to kill someone who should die with one, and a lightsaber doesn't actually "cut" anyone in the game.

"You shall not pass!"

I know. Its stupid.

I am just saying that in many CRPGs, from Fallout to Neverwinter Nights, 0 hit pointsa (wounds, life, whatever) means death. Without real character death and consequences for character death (may it be PC or NPC) it cheapens the game and the game's overall challenge level.

The one thing I like to see is Force usage is more like the PnP game. In the PnP game you have Vitality and Wound scores. Each time you use the force your Vitality goes down. Also anytime you get hit your Vitality goes down. When you get to zero vitality you take wound damage. Wound score equals tot he character's Constitution. If a critical hit is done it does normal weapon damage but it hits directly to the Character's Wound score. When Wound hits zero the character is dead.

It would make things a lot harder and riskier for Force Users and make the game far more challenging than the first. It would also balance non-force users as well with the force users.

Also One more little request. Make character death, as in 0 hit points, mean character death. It was so Final Fantasy in the first KotOR that it was quite stupid.

Back when the first KOTOR was made, Bioware explained that they went with a mana pool system instead of the original one you described for the sake of gameplay & fun factor. I don't think Obsidian will change that.

Not like it's a realistic game anyway. (Not that Star Wars is realistic either, mind you.) It takes half-a-dozen blaster shots to kill someone who should die with one, and a lightsaber doesn't actually "cut" anyone in the game.

The devs said that there might be some dismemberment...not a function of the combat of course... :unsure: