KOTOR II Force Powers

Oh no, someone is force choking me. My life is flashing before my eyes. Oh, what can I ever do to stop this force choke. Oh my. :blink:

Give me a freaking break, Darth boy.

It was a joke!!! Gosh! Relax, man. Loosen up!

Anyway, we've all already heard your bit about "oh, no! I don't like jedi/sith! I don't think force powers are cool and lightsabers make me ill! I'd much rather be a Bothan with a bit of a stick than a Jedi any day! Blah Blah!"

Let's get back down to business now, please! :blink::unsure::rolleyes:

"You shall not pass!"

I just think that there are enough of them withthe first game and powerful enough as it is. We do not need to put more in the game nor increase their power. What is needed is more creative ways to use the force powers that are already there.

I respectfully disagree. I would say, "Give more cool stuff to the Jedi/Sith as well as to the regular people."

One example: Mira's super cool, wrist-mounted rocket launcher. Nothing like that was in the first game, and it's liable to make her ridiculously powerful. Just look at the demo video. Your character is slashing away with a lightsaber, making little damage, then Mira fires her rockets and it's all over!

"You shall not pass!"

Strengthen the enemies, too! Let the bad guys be difficult. The thing is, someone like Jango Fett isn't going to be a major threat to someone like Mace Windu. Now somebody like Darth Maul, on the other hand, would give the average Jedi a run for his money.

"You shall not pass!"

That is why it would be nice to have the ability to play a non-jedi/force user. Not every adversary is going to be a Jedi/Sith. By making the Jedi/Sith so uber everything else is going to be a freaking cake walk. Once we are of enough level in a force using class the other force users will also be a cake walk.

I hate cake walks.

That would be metagaming and I doubt metagame. If we are forced to playa Jedi it makes sense for that Jedi to use whatever skills he or she has to overcome his or her foes. To limit it to no Force using by artificial means, player controlled means, would be metagaming and that is just as bad as powergaming and munchkinism.

If I can ignore the Force usage I don't want to be a Force using class.

What we need is a way to make force powers to expensive to spam all over the place.....force powers should be used as a last ditch effort against the thoughes foes...not to squash bugs.

I agree.

The one downside is that the Consular might be weak. I mean, what is a Consular without force powers? Guardians should get much less FPs to make them combat oriented only. They have far too many FPs at present. You kill everything too fast to make the extra points worth anything,

[i agree.

The one downside is that the Consular might be weak. I mean, what is a Consular without force powers? Guardians should get much less FPs to make them combat oriented only. They have far too many FPs at present. You kill everything too fast to make the extra points worth anything,

That is why they need to make it the way it was meant to be in the Star Wars d20 PnP game with the Wound/Vitality system. Vitality goes down each time you use a force power or whenever you get struck by a non-critical hit. It is hit die based so each time you go up in level it increases. Once it reaches zero for whatever the reason you start take Wound damage. Wound damage equals to your constitution score and gets struck each time you get hit after you are at 0 Vitality or if you get critically struck. If Wounds go to zero you are permanently dead.

It would force force use to a minimum for it willhave dire effects on how well your character is effective in combat. It would also balance the field a little bit.