KOTOR II Force Powers

It was a lot more fun than the OC of NWN.

Something I think COULD be improved: The force powers and feats are a little conspicuous. I think, by the animations alone, we can pretty much tell what's going on in battle. Perhaps something to turn those off if we don't want them? Those colors and such are a little too DnD for me.

I don't. I play games to be challenged as well as for the story. In order for a game to be really engaging it needs to be difficult enough that I need to focus my energy and play it to the best of my ability. If a game cannot do that it is weak.

KotOR was indeed better than the NWN OC, but then again nearly everything except for ToEE is.

Yes. But rather than gripe about things that they're not doing, I prefer suggesting things that they may actually consider. Not that they won't consider the ideas recently discussed; we simply don't know yet either way.

"You shall not pass!"

Bottom line they need to do a better job in balancing the game against force users, make the game more of a challenge, and allow non-force users have more options. Eliminate the need to metagame to make the game harder or to play a non-force user will help in that. Applying the combat rules, and weapon damages, written in the PnP system would improve the game greatly as well.

If it were adapted to be more like the PnP system, it would drive/scare away many people who are playing their first "real" rpg. KOTOR is probably the first game using a pnp system (a little change but not that much if you think about it) that just about anyone can enjoy. Alot of people I know who hate rpging like KOTOR.

my post? I think that KOTOR is a good way to possible introduce people who are scareed to rpg to a rpg style enviroment. It is certainly less of a hardcore rpg game, which makes it more likable for many people. I see nothing wrong with my logic, but than again I might have missed something. Tell me what's wrong with my post.

First off KotOR is not a real CRPG. It is too limited in character development and far too linear in its story format to be what I consider a real CRPG. Fallout, BG, and Arcanum are what I consider real CRPGs. If KotOR scares them then they have a weak stomach and a weak mind. Go play Unreal Torunement, Jedi Knight, Quake, or Dark Forces.

BG was a heavy/"real" rpg. I found that alot of people thought it was a good game but didn't like it. Liking games doesn't make someone have a weak stomach or mind. KOTOR has managed to expand the market from traditional RPGs and still be fun, thus making itself more successful. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I'm just making an ovservation.