Be a Sith recruiter!

Well, that's f***ing disgusting! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Depends on the species. I'm sure there are some sentient races that can become Jedi that might very well be considered delicacies by humans. :)

Yes, Yesssss, YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! That's it. Feed the dark taint that is within your heart young one. Succumb to my demands. Feel the power of the dark side coarsing through your body. Become one with The Sith.

-Darth Renegade

*merrily munches something on a stick* :D

Now, we all know the viewpoint of the Force-using Sith from Korriban (even if overdone)....but what do you think the average cannon fodder can't-hit--the-broad-side-of-a-barn-with-a-tactical-nuclear-missile Sith Trooper and Sith Pilot is in it for?

Do your best to argue why someone would want to join the Dark Side....without the Force being involved. :)

Sith as they are 'explained' by the game text and 'prominent examples' are chaotic evil. A power structure based on this would be rather unstable.

But, on the other hand, the general line of events and behavior of your regular Sith trooper shows that the system is more of lawful evil type (which corresponds to my understanding of the 'true' Sith society as the heavily rank-based one).

So if you skip that dumbed-down/teenager/maniac interpretation of a Sith as brutality show-offs/dominance junkies, the recruiting for lower rank will be quite easy.

The same one that had worked for Wehrmacht/Red Army.

Improve current status, become respected by your peers, be feared by your enemies, get privileges @home, get loot from annexed properties, etc.

Now, we all know the viewpoint of the Force-using Sith from Korriban (even if overdone)....but what do you think the average cannon fodder can't-hit--the-broad-side-of-a-barn-with-a-tactical-nuclear-missile Sith Trooper and Sith Pilot is in it for?

Do your best to argue why someone would want to join the Dark Side....without the Force being involved. :)

Sith as they are 'explained' by the game text and 'prominent examples' are chaotic evil. A power structure based on this would be rather unstable.

But, on the other hand, the general line of events and behavior of your regular Sith trooper shows that the system is more of lawful evil type (which corresponds to my understanding of the 'true' Sith society as the heavily rank-based one).

So if you skip that dumbed-down/teenager/maniac interpretation of a Sith as brutality show-offs/dominance junkies, the recruiting for lower rank will be quite easy.

The same one that had worked for Wehrmacht/Red Army.

Improve current status, become respected by your peers, be feared by your enemies, get privileges @home, get loot from annexed properties, etc.

Young one you have shown a thorough understanding of The Sith Code. You have most certainly gained a significant amount of prestige. Go now. You have done well but not enough to impress me. You must gain more prestige in order to prove worthy of being my apprentice.

Once you start dabbling in the Dark Side, you get sucked in quickly. Look at Yuthura Ban, for example. She joined the Sith to be strong enough to save her friends, etc. from her enemies and to gain revenge on her old slave master. Very quickly, though, she was pulled away from her compassion to ruthless self-aggrandizement.

Or look at Revan and Malak! One minute they're fighting Mandalorians to defend the Republic, the next, they're Sith Lords trying to take over the Republic themselves.

When you join the Sith, you become the powerful enemy that you were previously fighting.

"You shall not pass!"

Once you start dabbling in the Dark Side, you get sucked in quickly. Look at Yuthura Ban, for example. She joined the Sith to be strong enough to save her friends, etc. from her enemies and to gain revenge on her old slave master. Very quickly, though, she was pulled away from her compassion to ruthless self-aggrandizement.

Or look at Revan and Malak! One minute they're fighting Mandalorians to defend the Republic, the next, they're Sith Lords trying to take over the Republic themselves.

When you join the Sith, you become the powerful enemy that you were previously fighting.

That isn't because you get "sucked in". It's because you finally wise up to the reality of the world. The reality is that sticking with the Jedi makes no sense. Joining the Sith is the only logical choice.

That isn't because you get "sucked in". It's because you finally wise up to the reality of the world. The reality is that sticking with the Jedi makes no sense. Joining the Sith is the only logical choice.

Sure. Whatever you say... :)

"You shall not pass!"

Less sucked in, more like addicted. The Dark Side gives them a feeling of confidence and power, and consequently they try to regain this feeling as often as possible. Which shows how weak they were to begin with if this what it takes to make them feel strong.

But we were talking about the rank & file non-force using Sith.

That isn't because you get "sucked in".  It's because you finally wise up to the reality of the world.  The reality is that sticking with the Jedi makes no sense.  Joining the Sith is the only logical choice.

Sure. Whatever you say... :lol:

You know for someone with Darth in your name you sure are a non believer. :angry:

if you think about it the sith maybe fighting for the better good in there eyes. i mean can you define morality. truly what is morality? To them their lust of power and quest to vanquishing the dread evil republic from the galaxy is for the greater good. In there eyes the republic are the evil ones, not them.

We can apply this to every war that has ever been fought on earth. We could replace the sith with the nazi's drive to vanquish their enemy. its all about ones perception of the world "galaxy" and what your definition of morality is.

it can swing both ways...

if you think about it the sith maybe fighting for the better good in there eyes. i mean can you define morality. truly what is morality? To them their lust of power and quest to vanquishing the dread evil republic from the galaxy is for the greater good. In there eyes the republic are the evil ones, not them.

We can apply this to every war that has ever been fought on earth. We could replace the sith with the nazi's drive to vanquish their enemy. its all about ones perception of the world "galaxy" and what your definition of morality is.

it can swing both ways...

Well said. And if I could take it a step further, the Sith believe their ways are the ways of the Universe. Not something that they just concocted overnight. They truly believe that they are what the Force is meant to be. And that it is only the Jedi that act unnaturally and needlessly restrain themselves. Yathura does a really good job explaining the Sith philosphy. I'm not saying it makes it right, but you can see the incredibly thin line between what we believe is good and what we believe to be evil. Often this simplictic approach to life is what can cause strife.

The Republic is the underdog in this war. Most of those soldiers will probably be fighting on one side or the other in any given war within the next few decades, so it's a simple question of where their loyalties are. Think of any situation where people are forced to choose between two warring powers. Most flock to the stronger of the two, simply because "they're going to win, and I don't want to be in their way when they do". That logic is pretty much universal, and anything that the Sith have to offer in the way of Dark Side power is probably secondary, at least for the average non-force user.

Join us and you'll be able to have fun with the chicks! The Jedi, fools as they are, have forbidden this after all... <_<

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

On Taris you get to speak with a Sith about their job. They don't seem to like it too much. They are seen as the heavy, and don't really get to let their hair down.

I doubt partying was the recruiting tool the Sith used.