Anyone have a clue who that white-haired woman is?

Ender I realize this is SW.

I don't recall Zabraks being classified as humans, just near humans like the Chiss. Humans in SW are identical to humans in Earth, Coruscant being a futuristic Earth of sorts if you hadn't noticed. Humanity is represented identically throughout the galaxy, at least in general terms, the humans in Corellia are identical or very similar to the ones in Coruscant, Naboo and even Hapes from what I've read whose destinction is their sensitivity to bright lights. I base this more on what I've seen in the movies, I have no interest in the EU.

You don't know that. Who know's how long human's have existed across the galaxy, how much of a chance they've had to evolve. Maybe there's cross breeding. You're saying that because the movie's had no white-haired heroines, the game can't have that either. This game is set roughly 4000 years ahead of the first movie. Maybe there were white haired people on Alderaan? (actually, I think I read something about that, but I'm probably wrong)

I never said Kreia's hair wasn't grey, I said it wasn't white. Read it again.

Also, this isn't anime. It isn't anything like anime - it's just not the same STYLE. Basing off his other drawings, what he draws is pretty much what you get.

White hair may be a sign of aging, but white hair doesn't make someone OLD. It doesn't matter HOW they manage white hair, if they have it they have it - it'll be explained, and suddenly it'll make sense.

If you feel, given all the things I've pointed out, the two are still too similar, that's fine. That doesn't need to be proven, and saying gray is the same as white or one robe is the same as another robe doesn't help your argument. From my perspective, though, it seemed like something was seriously odd about your thinking that, and I was trying to figure it out. Hey, maybe they drew a younger version of Kreia. It really doesn't matter.

Point is, don't argue that 2 + 2 = 5 if it has nothing to do with the truth, just to prove me wrong.

I think maybe you are making much more of a deal than this really is. I simply stated that I found Kreia and the white haired woman too similar for my tastes and that I was interested in seeing more diversity in the party members.

Of course I'm not saying that because something hasn't appeared in the movies then it can't be used, the developers can create whatever they like. I was merely pointing out that I was basing my discussion on what I've seen in the movies.

I was actually agreeing with your statement that her hair was grey from the pictures that I've seen not implying any different.

I know this isn't anime, I was pointing out that I have seen that sort of interpretation done in anime and that it might be something similar, nothing else.

I may have used the wrong words when making the comment about the white hair and aging, I'm certain the circumstances for the character having white hair is as indifferent as this back and forth we've got going here. I wasn't trying to spark a debate on the issue, I only mentioned I didn't like her particular look.

Again I think you've misunderstood me and taken my words too literal. I've seen no major differences between the two characters pointed out because frankly neither you nor I have much information on either one. One's been barely mentioned and shown ingame while the other is nothing more than a small set of conceptual renderings. I didn't mean to say the characters were exactly the same, but that to me they look too similar for what I am hoping to see in the npc party. Furthermore I was not trying to argue or convince you of anything, only presenting my opinion since you inquired about it, I fully respect yours. I also don't think there's any particular truth in this point since the discussion has been from our different perspectives and points of view, no one is right and no one is wrong as far as I see it, you see things your way and I see them mine, I am not trying to say no you are wrong because of this and that, all I was doing was explaining why I think what I posted. In any case I guess the subject has gone now into the pointless zone since it's not really worth debating this, please don't take anything I've said personally it was just my opinion on the character according to my preferences. Anyways was fun chatting with you, I'm certain we'll clash over other topics here while we pass the time until the game comes out. :unsure:

The girl with the white hair looks like Paris Hilton in a kimono with a light saber to me.

Anything that even vaguely looks like that brainless bimbette makes me want to barf. :)

I wasn't taking anything seriously. It's all fine. I wasn't lying when I said it was.

But yeah, it's good to know we agreed more than was apparent to me. Still, look at what I said - you think it looks too similar, but I don't. I was trying to make sure you understood I was just trying to figure out why, or if there was a reason.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding, but for some reason it REALLY looked, and I was sure of this, that you were arguing grey was the same as white. Could be context, or it could be how you said it, I think it was a little of both. Keep in mind, you said before "grey/white" and when you said, "I saw Kreia's hair was grey," the interpretation could go for it seeming like you still thought of the grey/white thing as not mattering or for you saying that you know Kreia's hair isn't white.

There wasn't any particular reason to get too agitated, really. I was saying how it looked from my point of view, and the intention was to get out of you what was going on. You don't think the two hair colors are the same, fine. Now I know.

Just as your 'assumption' that the two are probably the same, or if not, too similar, isn't really an assumption, my 'assumption' that you were saying that was the same wasn't really an assumption.

sort of changing topic...

Demon: are you talking about concept art? I don't quite see the resemblance, but some of the concept art (the profile view) is really ugly, while some (concept art I haven't seen quite a while among it, along with the full frontal face view on the LA website) look fairly attractive. If I could see the resemblance too, it would be pretty disgusting, especially if you looked at that as following the trend of Aribeth and others in NWN.

It occured to be that Kreia could be Bastilla in disguise, notice how she keeps her hood over her eyes?

If Kreia is a full powered jedi she would rather dominate the action at the begining when everyone else is 1st level, so she would have to be weakened in some way. It has been mentioned that she is force linked to the PC, so if the PC lost his powers maybe she did to?

I suspect that Kreia will die fairly early in the game, or be revealed as a Sith Lord.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Err... maybe she was exiled too? Maybe she was your guardian, and is supposed to keep track of you for the council - sort of like Ben watching over Tattooine. Heck, I don't know.

But no, she can't be Bastila. Kreia is REAALY old looking, if you look closely, and there are pics where her eyes are uncovered.

She's Force linked to the PC? I hope they implement that story element well. There's another reason she probably isn't Bastila - Bastila was already bonded to Revan, now this character too?! No, and it's not even a possibility that we're Revan again. It's just not. The Dev's have said the PC isn't Revan, the official announcement describes a character that isn't Revan.

Err... maybe she was exiled too?  Maybe she was your guardian, and is supposed to keep track of you for the council - sort of like Ben watching over Tattooine.  Heck, I don't know.

But no, she can't be Bastila.  Kreia is REAALY old looking, if you look closely, and there are pics where her eyes are uncovered.

She's Force linked to the PC?  I hope they implement that story element well.  There's another reason she probably isn't Bastila - Bastila was already bonded to Revan, now this character too?!  No, and it's not even a possibility that we're Revan again.  It's just not.  The Dev's have said the PC isn't Revan, the official announcement describes a character that isn't Revan.

It's a lot easier for a young person to disguise themselves as an old person, than an old person to disguise themselves as a young person. All it takes is a bit of makeup, a bit of hair die and a bit of acting (not to mention the aging effect of the dark side, it's realy bad for the skin).

Maybe Bastilla is very good at this Force linkage thing and uses it a lot?

My suggestion was made not entierly seriously however.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

It's a lot easier for a young person to disguise themselves as an old person, than an old person to disguise themselves as a young person. All it takes is a bit of makeup, a bit of hair die and a bit of acting (not to mention the aging effect of the dark side, it's realy bad for the skin).

Maybe Bastilla is very good at this Force linkage thing and uses it a lot?

My suggestion was made not entierly seriously however.

It doesn't MATTER if it was a serious suggestion or not, it's wrong :blink:

No, I wasn't arguing with you; I was reasoning with you. I know it sounds like a strange euphimism(dammit, sp?) but I really mean it. When people say the sky is green, even if they're only half-serious, I'll argue it. No, I'm incapable of blowing it off -they're wrong.

So, because the sky isn't green, you're wrong, and thusly very obviously color-blind.

:p

Actually, the white haired woman was based off of ME. No, not Revan OR the former PC, but ME. I'm not a woman, but I'm making an appearance as one in this game. Just watch, this post will be deleted and none of you will remember this.

This is how I know the identity of Bastila.

Of course, I guess I need to stop. People argue things that are completely ubsard where they wouldn't otherwise, assume I'm too serious or antagonistic, and in one case they even (though I realize it was based off of a misunderstanding) called me a bigot through their arguments with me. So yeah... I need to learn to stop seeing the argument as something metaphysical(more or less), because no one else does.

:blink:

This topic is illogical. It has been tainted by the darkside... I must escape.

"Logic is a little bird tweeting in a meadow.

Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers...which smell bad." - Spock

Love it. Don't remember spock ever saying that, though, so could you give me some sources?

:)

This topic is illogical. It has been tainted by the darkside... I must escape.

"Logic is a little bird tweeting in a meadow.

Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers...which smell bad." - Spock

Love it. Don't remember spock ever saying that, though, so could you give me some sources?

Season 2, Episode was "I, Mudd". The one with the androids. He said it as part of the plan where they were trying to overload the logic processors on all of the androids.