Can I play a Goth chick

Atreides

Sheesh.

Let people live their lives the way they see fit, ok? It's not like they're offending you by just walking down the street, is it? Unless, of course, you feel bad about living "The Normal Way" and envy people who have more personal freedom than you.

No, I'm not goth, but I have friends who are. I cannot say that I fully understand their reasons for being goth, but any reason they might have is their business.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

This thread is funny and sad, all at once.

*waits for someone to retort with obvious comeback*

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Here's some 'Gothic' lyrics to you all:

Life's gonna suck when you grow up

When you grow up

When you grow up

And it sucks pretty bad right now

You're gonna have to mow the lawn

Do the dishes

Make your bed

You're gonna have to go to school

Until you're 17

You might have to go to war

Shoot a gun

Kill a nun

You might have to go to war

When you get out of school

You're gonna have to deal with stress

Deal with stress

Deal with stress

You're gonna be a giant mess

When you get back from the war

Santa Claus does not exist,

and there's no Easter Bunny

You'll find out when you grow up

that Big Bird isn't funny

Funny

Funny

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ah, Life's gonna suck when you grow up

When you grow up

When you grow up

It sucks pretty bad right now

You're gonna end up smoking crack

On your back,

Face the fact

You're gonna end up hooked on smack

And then you're gonna die

And then you're gonna die

Courtesy of Denis Leary.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Here's some 'Gothic' lyrics to you all:

*snipsonglyrics*

Courtesy of Denis Leary.

That's...That's uhm...nice.

And I like Big Bird. :lol:

Don't worry, you're just still young and naive. Enjoy it before you get old, cynical and grumpy :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Goths are all about being seen to be goth. Hence that doesn't just involve them; it involves other people. Hence I feel happy calling them idiots and losers.

Well, good for you.

Of course it is about being seen different. The whole point is to be different. Not everyone are comfortable with living "normally".

Intolerance is dumb.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Ok I understand that some people don't like generalisations, and there are always exceptions. Not in this case:

1) All goths are idiots. Poncing about in dumb make up and stupid chains while going 'life is pain man.... yeah.... ooh look at me... i don't care... look at me' is annoying. Do us all a favour and kill yourselves already if life sucks so much. Having had personal experience with clinical depression, and knowing many other people who have too, I can say it definately does not make you want to put on stupid black clothes and make up and moan constantly about how painful life is. It just makes you hate people who seek attention that way all the more, for the people who really need the care are getting ignored, or a bad name by association, because of these goth losers.

What the hell? You know a lot about how a goth thinks, don't you? Because you sure as hell know exactly what goths are about. Really, you know so well what they're about, I'd almost say you ARE one. *coughsarcasmcough*

I'm a goth and I'm THE most energetic person in my school. People call me annoying because I'm always so freaking hyper. Who the hell cares how painful life is? I'm incredibly lucky to be alive, be it good or bad. So please do us all a favour and keep your mouth shut if all you can say is whatever your damn pop culture tells you. Being a goth isn't about hating life, it's about being different, something I take great pride in. Sure, I'm pissed off at the rest of the world, but I won't kill myself for it, I'll try to change it!

And another thing, where does the word GOTH come from anyway? Goth is another word for a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement, how the hell can they be their own culture, in fact, one of the most distuingishable ones?

EDIT: But then again, exceptions prove the rule. Alright, all Goths are idiots. :lol:'

Well, good for you.

Of course it is about being seen different. The whole point is to be different. Not everyone are comfortable with living "normally".

Intolerance is dumb.

Who says Goth are different ?!?

Some fashion choise is not going to make you 'different', Goth are no different then any other stupid teenager stuck up with fashion and image...

Ok I understand that some people don't like generalisations, and there are always exceptions. Not in this case:

1) All goths are idiots. Poncing about in dumb make up and stupid chains while going 'life is pain man.... yeah.... ooh look at me... i don't care... look at me' is annoying. Do us all a favour and kill yourselves already if life sucks so much. Having had personal experience with clinical depression, and knowing many other people who have too, I can say it definately does not make you want to put on stupid black clothes and make up and moan constantly about how painful life is. It just makes you hate people who seek attention that way all the more, for the people who really need the care are getting ignored, or a bad name by association, because of these goth losers.

What the hell? You know a lot about how a goth thinks, don't you? Because you sure as hell know exactly what goths are about. Really, you know so well what they're about, I'd almost say you ARE one. *coughsarcasmcough*

I'm a goth and I'm THE most energetic person in my school. People call me annoying because I'm always so freaking hyper. Who the hell cares how painful life is? I'm incredibly lucky to be alive, be it good or bad. So please do us all a favour and keep your mouth shut if all you can say is whatever your damn pop culture tells you. Being a goth isn't about hating life, it's about being different, something I take great pride in. Sure, I'm pissed off at the rest of the world, but I won't kill myself for it, I'll try to change it!

And another thing, where does the word GOTH come from anyway? Goth is another word for a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement, how the hell can they be their own culture, in fact, one of the most distuingishable ones?

this guy doesnt even know what hes talking about.

one one my friends is a goth, i dont mind it. hell, i know a lot of weird people, i know a person who almost was about to get pointy teeth (weird, huh).

but besides that, some people exagerate(typo most likely) who they are. this guy here is doing it. trueneutral has no idea what the hell hes saying, so most likeley, we can all get along here.

Pardon me? Explain me where I don't know what I'm talking about? First of all, most of that post was my own opinion. You can disagree with it, but there's no wrong. The only FACTUAL thing I said was the meaning of Goth. Ahem:

Word History: The combination Gothic romance represents a union of two of the major influences in the development of European culture, the Roman Empire and the Germanic tribes that invaded it. The Roman origins of romance must be sought in the etymology of that word, but we can see clearly that Gothic is related to the name Goth used for one of those invading Germanic tribes. The word Gothic, first recorded in 1611 in a reference to the language of the Goths, was extended in sense in several ways, meaning

Pardon me? Explain me where I don't know what I'm talking about? First of all, most of that post was my own opinion. You can disagree with it, but there's no wrong. The only FACTUAL thing I said was the meaning of Goth. Ahem:

Word History: The combination Gothic romance represents a union of two of the major influences in the development of European culture, the Roman Empire and the Germanic tribes that invaded it. The Roman origins of romance must be sought in the etymology of that word, but we can see clearly that Gothic is related to the name Goth used for one of those invading Germanic tribes. The word Gothic, first recorded in 1611 in a reference to the language of the Goths, was extended in sense in several ways, meaning

That's it? 'I'm right and you are wrong'? Is that where I don't know what I'm talking about? Please just do us all a favour and become a hermit. You know, live alone and all that. Oh wait, you probably already do, sorry.

I will get worked up about it. I'll defend my views at any given time, if it matters or not. That's what a radical does, remember?

Besides, that's not the freaking definition, that's the word history. Please get your facts straight. :lol:

That's it? 'I'm right and you are wrong'? Is that where I don't know what I'm talking about? Please just do us all a favour and become a hermit. You know, live alone and all that. Oh wait, you probably already do, sorry.

I will get worked up about it. I'll defend my views at any given time, if it matters or not. That's what a radical does, remember?

Besides, that's not the freaking definition, that's the word history. Please get your facts straight. :)

what? you look that up in your 'official goth handbook'?

i really like to flame, and edit posts, but im not. i wish you would try to be somewhat mature and drop it.

you see, this is what happens when you are raised from a bad home, and are told that you are always right and how your so wonderful.

anyway, a 'radical'? this is a forum you retard! nobody is shocked or uphauled that a 10 year old boy is posting lines from a dictionary! so, at least try to act mature young man

http://www.religioustolerance.org/goth.htm

If case people failed to notice being "gay" changed his original meaning in the last decades to mean something else as well, being a "Goth" means belong to a certain sub-culture in whole not just like of a certain aspect of it.

TrueNeutral is not saying if he takes the whole thing about being a "goth", heck wearing black clothing alone does not make someone a goth.

drakron.png