The All Things Political Topic

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/525270/justice-minister-signs-kim-dotcom-s-extradition-order

@Zoraptor

This is a good step for NZ, the last thing you want is  your country to become a refuge for international and global criminals fleeing the law in another country

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He didn't 'flee the law', he was here perfectly legally as a resident, and well before being charged.

Which he probably shouldn't have been given he has a conviction in Germany, but our good character test mostly consists of how big your cheque book is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, majestic said:

53295111_637be17159.jpg

The best DC++ hubs are in Russia after all...

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 hours ago, majestic said:

53295111_637be17159.jpg

Don't threaten me with a good time.

• Haha 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

On 8/13/2024 at 5:09 PM, BruceVC said:

Lets just agree to disagree

I appreciate the effort and examples you using but you basically doing the same thing you did with the 7-8 points in a previous post. Each of these examples you have quoted can and should  be discussed separately to interpret what Trump meant and include context and then in several examples I know thats  not what he really meant 

But that doesn't mean everything in this post is inaccurate. The reality is I dont think either of us has the interest to now start unpacking every  statement that Trump had made in your list  because I am not disputing he has said offensive things  and  made racist comments 

Im saying I cant say he is definitely a normal racist like a Neo-Nazi or white supremacist

Oh yeah, do we also need to separately examine the context around all the rapes he did to see if he's a proper rapist or just a casual one?

2 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Oh yeah, do we also need to separately examine the context around all the rapes he did to see if he's a proper rapist or just a casual one?

But again now we talking about something completely different, we not talking about if Trump is a rapist. Im  talking about is he an ideological racist like a white supremacist 

If you dont mind can you just focus  on one  theme if you want me to respond. I prefer to not keep responding to different allegations or opinions

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

55 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But again now we talking about something completely different, we not talking about if Trump is a rapist. Im  talking about is he an ideological racist like a white supremacist 

If you dont mind can you just focus  on one  theme if you want me to respond. I prefer to not keep responding to different allegations or opinions

That's OK Bruce I wasn't really trying to start a new topic, I was just having a cheeky jab about your seemingly boundless enthusiasm for giving one of the worst human beings alive as much benefit of the doubt as you can possibly spare.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/18/dnc-protests-gaza-kamala-harris-00174497

The DNC convention is starting today  and massive pro-Palestinian protests are planned but the good news is there seems to be very tight security around the convention so the almost guaranteed violence and criminality should be controlled and not disrupt this convention

Its interesting how some  people  who are pro-Palestinian refer to Harris as " Killer Kamala " and this type of childish characterization is predictably out of touch with the reality of  the upcoming US election  and which candidate is a better choice for the Palestinian cause

Because Trump is much more pro-Israel and is much less concerned with Palestinian issues than the Dems 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

27 minutes ago, Chairchucker said:

It can be simultaneously true that:

1. Donald Trump is the worse candidate for Palestine

2. Current Democrat policy needs to be better.

Yes

You see there are things  that we agree on :grin:

But what the pro-Palestinian protestors may not realize or more likely not care about is Trump wants violence and chaos during the DNC convention because then he will use that as  a talking point to criticize the Dems and its a legitimate concern for many Americans who ostensibly believe " the Dems are not the best party around the rule of law and order "

The GOP political  strategists will focus on that and right wing media will make comments like " you see, the Dems cant even ensure security at there own convention. How can they possibly run the country and make Americans feel safe " 

So what you would assume is the organizers of this protest would realize that optics matter and they could inevitably hurt the Dems and help Trump win in  November because the issue of law and order is a voting issue 

They can arrange this type of protest anytime to make the same point. It didnt have to be at the DNC convention, the most important consideration  should be helping the Dems win and not the reality of the current Israeli vs Palestinian conflict 

But saying all that I dont expect any disruption because the Dems are aware of the optics and they created real security barriers  and any criminality has been quickly dealt with

https://apnews.com/article/protest-democratic-convention-chicago-war-87d32321eb5714e2005fe8410b928513

John Milton 

On 8/21/2024 at 12:01 AM, Chairchucker said:

I think it'll be a little while yet before Republicans try to campaign on the subject of security at their rallies.

Isn't one of their pet peeves, that Americans needs more guns to protect democracy against usurpers threatening it? Could argue it almost worked.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Man who literally had his brain devoured by parasitic worms reportedly plans to drop out and endorse Donald Trump - after polling made it repeatedly clear that he was taking more voters away from Trump rather than Kamala. A small but rather vicious part of me wonders how Keyrock and Guard Dog feel about their man with no brain leaving the race, especially in this manner.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

6 hours ago, Gorth said:

Isn't one of their pet peeves, that Americans needs more guns to protect democracy against usurpers threatening it? Could argue it almost worked.

Gorthfuscious do you know what they taught us during my years of attending classes around " how to eradicate and identify white, male privilege " 

Guns dont kill people, people kill people :aiee:

• Haha 1

John Milton 

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Man who literally had his brain devoured by parasitic worms reportedly plans to drop out and endorse Donald Trump - after polling made it repeatedly clear that he was taking more voters away from Trump rather than Kamala. A small but rather vicious part of me wonders how Keyrock and Guard Dog feel about their man with no brain leaving the race, especially in this manner.

Given who was funding and working for RFKJR, the big surprise here is that it took this long. I guess Kamala was the big thing that caused it, but as far as I can tell RFKJR was already starting to disappear months before. Kinda funny to humiliate yourself like that to have to beg for a job from a guy known for wanting other men to "get on their knees" for him. 

Was GD a RFKJR guy? I thought he was a Libertarian Party stalwart?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Given who was funding and working for RFKJR, the big surprise here is that it took this long. I guess Kamala was the big thing that caused it, but as far as I can tell RFKJR was already starting to disappear months before. Kinda funny to humiliate yourself like that to have to beg for a job from a guy known for wanting other men to "get on their knees" for him. 

Was GD a RFKJR guy? I thought he was a Libertarian Party stalwart?

There's something I haven't told anyone else until just now, but I, too, have had parasitic worms eat my brain. I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers for my family and I as we go through this difficult time. Thank you.

• Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

There's something I haven't told anyone else until just now, but I, too, have had parasitic worms eat my brain. I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers for my family and I as we go through this difficult time. Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that Bartimaeus.

On a side note, I don't think it is fair to blame the parasite for RFK Jr.'s oddities. :p 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

Didnt we already know that about @Bartimaeus? :p 

Well, if I've forgotten that I'd told all of you already, then that would certainly track with the brain worms diagnosis. Though they should hurry up and get to all the bits that care about politics and other worldly affairs...if they're going to eat me, least they can do is make me blissfully unaware of the world falling apart around me.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

They tried to get me but my brain was too poisoned for them.

The one thing that really made me think about RFK is that aside from the vaccine stuff, he's not really got anything to him. I like to think he was chosen as someone Republican donors thought would peel centrist voters but they are so out of touch they thought  anti-vaXXX was a selling point.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands