What are you Playing Now? - Right Now at the moment edition

8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Did you try to defeat the Asylum Demon with a broken sword hilt, out of curiosity? :p

Yeah, don't do that, your fists do the same amount of damage, attack faster and cost less stamina...

Spoiler

?imw=512&imh=217&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 hours ago, melkathi said:

We should do something about that.

gendo-ikari.jpg

I tried playing Dark Souls for like 30 minutes before giving up.

You know what game I didn't give up on? Fire Emblem Engage, but I should have because it's the worst game in the series. So I didn't play it in a while and instead started playing the remakes of Baten Kaitos or whatever the **** you call it and have given up on the prequel game because it is much worse than the original. So I started playing the original because I find both jrpgs and deck builder games to be nostalgic and this does both. It's a much more innovative game than pretty much anything in the genre and really taps into the weirdess jrpgs are able to hit pretty well.

I also played KoF XV and for some reason it's nice to see Yamazaki scream while presumably beating people half to death. Hope he gets put in the new FF game next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I have started work on my backlog.

Thus I played through Robothorium. A rogue like with a robot rebellion fighting for robot rights.

The writing was done by someone who's English isn't the best. It could have done with at least a community proof reading.

It was interesting to see the robot I found the least interesting gameplay wise initially turn into my favourite in the end.

I'd need to do another three runs to get all achievements, but I don't see myself doing that.

It did get me to want to play though, unlike Fallout 4.

More enjoyable than Fallout 4 - better love story than Twilight.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

After months off, progressed some further into  The Outer Worlds.

Monarch is awful. I hope I'm right with this, as the entire planet feels as if it was outsourced to a B-tier MMO developer. The entire surface is basically just asset recycling, copypaste enemy mobs, random loot and crates all over. That's when I stopped.

Picked this up again with the intention of just following the main quest. So I did. And even that consisted of the most straight forward fedex jobs in the milky way. At the end of the main questline, you're given the opportunity to respond to an NPC with something along the lines of: "Lemme guess! You wanna make me fetch another three keys for ya, don't ya?" That joke, unfortunatley, is on Obsidian. This is the most mediocre thing I've ever played from this studio.

Hopefully the game's going to pick up again. Because prior it was at least decent. Nothing to WhatsApp home about, but decent. Still puzzled how you can make an entire planet of low-quality filler, given that there's but a couple of planets either way -- and the game isn't even aiming to be a (space) epic to begin with. Resource allocation went smoother in both smaller scale Pillars games for sure (and Pentiment either way).

Edited by Sven_