What kinds of relationships would you like to see?

That is, relationships with joinable NPCs.

The ideal of a non-romantic relationship which is still deeply developed, for me, was Dak'kon in Torment; since, by Chris Avellone's own words, we'll be seeing more developed NPCs as a whole as well as 'romantic' options, any preferences as to the sort of relationship you'd like to see developed?

For example, it seems pretty certain the Master-Apprentice angle will be there at the start, with you as the Apprentice.

What about a Master-Apprentice relationship with you as the Master?

What about a friendly rivalry with one of the NPCs, each of you trying to one-up the other?

What about a not-so-friendly rivalry, with the NPC constantly trying to outdo you and thus making you want to hack him into chunky giblets?

What about a character whom you can't fully rely on, like an Ex-Sith in a Jedi party who either helps or betrays you later on depending on how you treat him?

Any 'relationship' that appeals to you that doesn't involve painfully bad come-ons is fair game. :(

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

clearly, i'd like to see a cat companion... again.

ok.ok.

maybe some droid relationship would spice it up? i thought that hk and t3 were going to babble on, but nada- they kept quiet while travelling together. very disappointing

rivalry between two NPCs would be more interesting. i think they should pay more attention to inter-NPC relations this time.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I'd like a sort of comrade-in-arms relationship, I guess.

Now that I think about it, I suppose the Dak'kon interactions would be the prime example of the master/apprentice relationship most likely to be present in KotOR 2. :(

How about a Nemesis? Not necessarily the main villain, but someone who holds a grudge against you, and tries to make certain you fail. Obviously, it won't be a party member, maybe an ex-party member, or perhaps someone you manage to anger early in the game like a crime boss.

Obviously, it won't be a party member, maybe an ex-party member, or perhaps someone you manage to anger early in the game like a crime boss.

An ex-party member who develops a grudge and dogs your path the rest of the game....

I like, I like.

What about a Master-Apprentice relationship with you as the Master?

I think someone in another thread mentioned something about this. You may get your own apprentice as the game wears on, or at least take on somewhat of a Master role to one of your younger party members.

That would be kewl. I always thought if you could somehow manipulate someone like a Mission, whose young and fiery but impressionable to your cause, it would make playing DS or even LS more sophisticated.

I don't know if anyone has played Romance Of The Three Kingdoms VIII, but in it your officer had the ability to become Oath Brother/Sister with other officers. You could also develop Sworn Enemies if opposing forces executed your family members or Oath Brother/Sisters. You could also develop rivalries with other officers.

Now I don't know how helpful this was, but, there you go.

I'd like a brother. You know, the cool, skilled guy who's always worrying about you, willing to take a bullet for ya. It has to be clarified that he is your genetic brother, or else all homophobes will go "omg w00t ghey d00d!!1" if the guy cares 'too much' for you.

Kinda like Paul D in Deus Ex1, but moreso. Paul and JC were stiff as hell in their relation ("Get another charger for that prod - We dont want another Navarre shooting spree!" dude.. if you were my brother, you wouldn't think thus of me).

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

I think the relationship between protagonist and antagonist is very important. BioWare could have pulled it off, they were so close but they screwed it up. Revan and Malak had this wonderful connection but they didn't make use of it enough, and they made Malak no more than a petty thug. They didn't flesh out his character, he was just some two dimensional Diagnosis Murder villain.

So an intriguing PC/villain relationship would be good.

Other than that I'd like to see some sort of relationship between a sarcastic lesbian monkey and a clown.

EDIT: Just realised its joinable NPCs. Well, thats the end of me. :rolleyes:

Eventhough the guideline in KotOR II is the Master/Apprentice-relationship, i would like to see the essence of friendship, since it can evolve in several diffirent ways:

- Love-relationship.

- Brothers in arms-relationship.

- Sister/Brother-relationship.

- Trust in general.

Btw, i like your avatar Ivan, that movie is one of the best ever made IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Master-Apprentice where one of the NPC's in your group becomes your apprentice would be cool. It would be great for replayability too, since you could take a different one on depending on your DS/LS alignment.

I also like the idea someone posted about how someone you wronged or got on the bad side at the start of the game keeps pursuing you throughout the game. KOTOR1 could have done a bit better job of that with Calo Nord, or having Davik survive. Imagine him sending wave after wave of Bounty Hunter after you, increasing in difficulty as you progress thru the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

no love relationship, it just doesnt work with games.....

anyway, i would like to see an arch nemesis in my party, you know, you play through the game, and you keep running into him/her, until soon they join your party

no love relationship, it just doesnt work with games.....

anyway, i would like to see an arch nemesis in my party, you know, you play through the game, and you keep running into him/her, until soon they join your party

Having one of the title's 'Sith Lords' join your Dark Side party after you open a can of whoop ass on them would be a good thing.

I'd like to see some kind of betrayal by one of your NPC's. Maybe halfway through the game one of your buddies turns out to be a bounty hunter who's after you or something and he finds out you know. Then he could somehow run away and hunt you for the rest of the game.

Honestly? I'd like to see a healthy relationship. The relationship with Bastilla is poison. She's was only attracted to power. Malak's darkside power, or your light or darkside powers and your ability to best her in combat.

I mean how does Bastilla go from confessing feelings for you and then joining Malak?

Strange gal. Lotta issues.

Yuthura Ban showed more humanity than Bastilla ever did. She expresses real regret and you don't have to beat it out of her either. I'd take Yuthura over Bastilla any day.

Of course Yuthura had issues as well. Check under the bed for you go to sleep!!

I still liked Yuthura over Bastilla. Her pain came from a real place. She was a slave and was left for dead. Bastilla is just spoiled and self-righteous.

Dark Side Bastilla is just boring!! She's just a darkside parrot. Dull and Lifeless.

Hey guys do any of you remember Morte from Planescape Torment? I think a comic relief character would be appropriate, but what was so interesting about Morte was that he had a past, and you learned more about your relationship with him as time went on. Plus he was funny... who can argue with that?

Hey guys do any of you remember Morte from Planescape Torment? I think a comic relief character would be appropriate, but what was so interesting about Morte was that he had a past, and you learned more about your relationship with him as time went on. Plus he was funny... who can argue with that?

Thats what T3 is for! I mean that guy is comedy central! I am so glad he is coming back in KOTOR 2. <_< :angry:

Cheers!