Random video game news... Games are the most elevated form of investigation

MrBrown

6 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

So I'm not crazy? At least the whole post reappears when I click to write again.

You may very well be crazy, but it's a real thing here that you're experiencing.

It happens fairly consistently, like you'll have to reload the page and post again what was saved. I think there may be some kind of time limit involved, for me it happens the most when I check on something in another tab when writing a post and it happens a lot more on mobile. Also when someone replies before you post it happens like 90% of the time.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Truth told, I'm still tired and burned out on the clans. 😄

But good to know MW5 was successful enough that they still keep working on it.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Interview with DONTNOD about Jusant and UE5

For me this was the surprise hit from the slew of demos we got on Steam a few months ago. They basically took my favorite part of Tomb Raider (climbing puzzles) and made a game out of it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

Truth told, I'm still tired and burned out on the clans. 😄

But good to know MW5 was successful enough that they still keep working on it.

I'm looking forward to it, I've had immense fun with MW5. I don't like how they are emotionally manipulating me with the MW2 cover screen though. >_< Dirty trickses

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Never finished MW5 because the mission design was... not that great. Always the same, always the same waves, frustratingly dumb ai, etc. Dunno how much that changed with the later DLCs.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The planetary invasion missions are a bit more fun, but overall it is the game it is. More fun with friends.

Protecting bases remains a stupid mission, since enemy mechs just need to run through the buildings and there is little zou can do to stop that, if you don't manage to shoot out their ****pit with a gauss cannon or something.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Good news! Based on leaked Microsoft doc Dishonored3 might be a thing. Though after Deathloop and Redfall back to back, I am remaining cautious.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/dishonored-3-plus-fallout-3-and-elder-scrolls-4-oblivion-remasters-appear-on-leaked-microsoft-doc

edit. The same doc mentions XBOX interest in acquiring Nintendo 🤔

RPS editorial also isn't very optimistic, criticising how risk averse the lineup is - focusing on remasters and sequels to sure bet titles. Also this little gem at the end:

And thanks to this leak, I can point out to

you that Microsoft is so risk averse they decided not to bring Baldur's Gate 3 to Game Pass, and described it as a "second-run Stadia PC RPG" in a leaked email.

XBOX willingness to dismiss BG3 doesn't inspire me confidence in them as caretakers of RPG studios that they have acquired. Would like to see the actual email - can't find the source of the quote.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Remasters of 2 mediocre games. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47gm0kt2jp645iz564kg

I mean, Shivering Isles is awesome, but I can't see myself buying a remaster of a crappy game just to play an expansion. Remaster Shivering Isles, have your character start at lev 20 and make it standalone, charge like $12 for it and I'm in.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

So now instead of a refrigerator it's a dehumidifier.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸