Funny Stuff: If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?

Raithe

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I carry my Glock 40 whenever I go hiking. The bear has 2 options: 1) Walk away 2 ) Get shot

That seems like a good way to piss a bear off. I'm sure it may kill the bear eventually, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

1 hour ago, Hurlshort said:

That seems like a good way to piss a bear off. I'm sure it may kill the bear eventually, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

I'm not packing a pea shooter, Glock 40 fires 10mm Auto, it's a very powerful cartridge. Not quite as powerful as .44 magnum, but you only get 6 shots with a revolver. I have 15 in a magazine. First one goes into the ground and hopefully that's enough to scare the bear away. If not, well, I'm willing to bet that 14 rounds of 10mm Auto is taking down damn near anything. I mean, if it's a Kodiak, maybe not, but we don't have those 'round here. Or, if it's a Polar Bear then I'm probably just dead, gun or no gun, unless someone else has a high power rifle (I do have a high power rifle but that's kind of cumbersome to bring on a hike). No Polar Bears in Cackalacky, though. We only have Black Bears around here. A Black Bear is not surviving 14 rounds of 10 mm Auto, or even 7, let's say I miss half my shots under duress. I'd like to think I wouldn't, a bear is not exactly a small target and I'm a well practiced shooter, but I've never been in that situation and hopefully never will. However, if faced with a bear that seems intent of using me for snacking purposes, I'd MUCH rather have my Glock than not have my Glock.

Fun fact: The Glock 20 (Glock 40's shorter barrel cousin) is issued to some patrol officers in Denmark as a last resort defense weapon against Polar Bears.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Raithe said:

353439938_643144301192930_22358260187425

Port wine cheese. That stuff is so heinous that I have to imagine some malice went into making it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

330224762_571441274698665_68729916447348

• Haha 6

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:11 PM, Raithe said:

353411862_10160756868588197_888829103021

i use them this way at work every day. its easier to go around the place riding them

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.