The TV and Streaming Thread: Summer Re-reruns (it's always summer somewhere)

majestic

17 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

who greenlighted this bull****

as if comic book plot are not awful enough why added in the worse isekai plot

It can't be an Isekai without an absurdly overpowered character that wins everything automatically. So I'm guessing superman is going to show up and there is no kryptonite in the other world.

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

It can't be an Isekai without an absurdly overpowered character that wins everything automatically. So I'm guessing superman is going to show up and there is no kryptonite in the other world.

really hate how awful and standard webnovel have become

it was terrible 16 years ago but at least there are some effort put in by every terrible author trying their own thing 

now 95 percent of the book chasing the same trend might as well be the same book with pages swap around

20 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

really hate how awful and standard webnovel have become

it was terrible 16 years ago but at least there are some effort put in by every terrible author trying their own thing 

now 95 percent of the book chasing the same trend might as well be the same book with pages swap around

Yes, I even saw a comment today in Crunchyroll saying that they are probably using chatgpt to create isekais now, since it's always the same basic ideas with minor variations.

Well, you can always try a Netflix anime adaptation instead:

The fans actually look optimistic this time.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

Yes, I even saw a comment today in Crunchyroll saying that they are probably using chatgpt to create isekais now, since it's always the same basic ideas with minor variations.

This post gets scarier as it goes on. Uncle DIO needs to nuke Netflix adaptations and chatgpt next season.

I watched The Bear season 2. Which is good, it was a nice move to have the entire season being dedicated to renovating and opening a restaurant instead of doing a montage episode. The Christmas episode is probably one of the best episodes of television period, but Bob Odenkirk as an **** and Jamie Lee Curtis having a break down are very enjoyable watches.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

remember people tried that decade ago

webnovel doesn't have more than a few editor so any garbage uploaded just stay there

live action anime adaptation are such fundamentally stupid idea because real person obviously doesn't art style of manga

most shonen need to be completely reworked to become live action

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

This post gets scarier as it goes on. Uncle DIO needs to nuke Netflix adaptations and chatgpt next season.

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

live action anime adaptation are such fundamentally stupid idea because real person obviously doesn't art style of manga

most shonen need to be completely reworked to become live action

If anyone doubts these statements, then just wait until Netflix adapts JoJo or Isekai Uncle. Hopefully we won't get to that point.

sign.jpg

18 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

If anyone doubts these statements, then just wait until Netflix adapts JoJo or Isekai Uncle. Hopefully we won't get to that point.

There's already been a live action JoJo.

MV5BODk4ZjVmYmYtZDYwZS00ODg4LTkwZjUtN2Y5

Not by Netflix, but it looks like it's in the same tier as the live action Sailor Moon @majestic was watching.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Witcher S3 pt1: I could have sworn that someone here had written something about it I 100% agreed with, but apparently not, or my powers of observation have deserted me...

Anyway, this was a frustrating watch. There's something decent trying desperately to break out of a shell of mediocrity, and failing, again. Spent most of the first episode trying to remember what happened in S2 despite watching the extended recap, and really, there was about two episodes worth of actual plot for 5 episodes/ 5 hours run time. The dialogue itself generally isn't awful, and the acting is actually pretty good for what they had to work with but the overall direction (and to an extent Direction) lets everything down. Way too many threads in too many places, and it's largely a self inflicted problem since the core trio are constantly getting pointlessly separated which bogs everything down further. Also lots of ham handed character introductions; even with knowing most of the characters beforehand it's confusing and must be far worse if you weren't familiar with them. Overall it gives that feeling you get when something is very badly paced of being simultaneously too long yet also too rushed: absolutely needed someone with a bit more competence in charge but at least it's better than Blood Wotsit.

It's also done no favours by being split into two halves when it's pretty obvious- I'd expect even to those who haven't read the books or played the games- that everything will kick off in the second half.

I've read the books a million years ago, and played the games but every single episode of s3 so far confused the hell out of me. I honestly have no idea what the hell is actually going on most of the time.

Maybe I just stopped paying attention or whatever, no clue. Considering they are creeping in story from the Witcher 3 now, I'm wondering if they will end s3 with Gerald and Yen dying, like in the books, and then in s4 they get revived, but now Gerald looks different. Would be hilariously cheesy I guess.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I keep hearing that Witcher season 3 is better than season 2 and these are comforting news as I just finished the 2 and it was bad. Like, "did they hire a video game writer for this or something" bad. I thought I had no expectations at all, but episodes 1 and 2 proved me wrong, tried to cling to little details like Yen and Cahir's cozy bickering, Dijkstra's cliche but badass entrance etc., but the last episode dragged me back down into the vortex of idiocy. I almost wish for S3 to be bad and kill my interest for good, especially with the new actor who I hear is too wooden for "Pinocchio: Origins". 

Oh well. I can always re-read books if I want to. And I still have two games to play, wish someone edited combat out of them already. 😒

S3 is better than s2 so far in the way that it's less boring, because every episode has at least one bigger fight scene to show for. Other than that, I really don't know... there are so many little things that just feel jarring to me. But maybe it's also because I can't just forget about all the behind the scenes drama, with Gerald being recast, etc... it's like I don't even want to connect to the show anymore.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

that actually sound more like the books than people willing to admit

maybe there are some problem with translation

but the witcher book are full of useless plotpoint that just waste too many page

anyone even remember that little bandit gang of ciri

that plotline bring out things like characteristic of nilfgaarde colonist and bandit camp politic

all waste of time

than turn into gladiator fight scene and ice skate fight scene

it all read so weird

7 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

If Netflix ever makes a JoJo adaptation, this one will look fantastic.

This one, right?

I think so. I never watched it.

I guess episode 10 is it for S1 of Unicorn Warriors: Eternal. Idk, not too sure where I land on this one. I think that a lot of it is due to my respect for Genndy Tartakovsky and that if it was someone else's name on it I would have stopped watching it after episode 1 or 2. But as I have followed through I can say that it does pick up, but there is not a lot there for adults. I don't know if I will watch s2 or if there will even be one.

I will end it on this, I do not recommend it.

• Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5 hours ago, Sarex said:

I guess episode 10 is it for S1 of Unicorn Warriors: Eternal. Idk, not too sure where I land on this one. I think that a lot of it is due to my respect for Genndy Tartakovsky and that if it was someone else's name on it I would have stopped watching it after episode 1 or 2. But as I have followed through I can say that it does pick up, but there is not a lot there for adults. I don't know if I will watch s2 or if there will even be one.

I will end it on this, I do not recommend it.

yeah, I tried real hard to like it, but the whole show feels very clunky and awkward in terms of writing and how scenes flow, makes it super difficult to get into - made it about 5 epiosdes before I couldn't take any more

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Currently rewatching Psych after finishing up Family Matters. I always get a laugh that the show began as a spin off of Perfect Strangers and a one off character ends up becoming the main character. Even worse is that the main character that comes over from Perfect Strangers, Harriette, gets recast in the final season.

Other than that the writer strike has killed off most of what I watch during the week.

I guess I also watched 65 on Netflix. It was a movie.

Free games updated 3/4/21

18 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Is that a movie poster or a hair product ad?

Yes.

• Haha 3

The middle person looks like Rachael from Blade Runner after she dumped Deckard's ass and started her own shadowrunning agency (with Jeff Goldblum-esque figure in the bottom right as her trusty second-in-command shaman), and I'd totally watch this movie. :yes:

• Haha 1

Be very careful about what you'll say next.

4zorx5.jpg

I meant no disrespect. That is a fabulous pompadour. As a balding man, I'm jealous. If I still had the hair on my head to pull off an anime pompadour, I'd probably go for something like this:

1*oGf5bO3i8T0ow74ueYrQkw.jpeg

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A bit behind due to vacationing and playing D4 in my free time, just watched Star Trek: Strange New Worlds season two, episode three.

It was a wibbly wobbly timey wimey episode. One of the characters even mentioned the temporal (cold) war from Enterprise. It has a scene where La'An makes out with Kirk. No, really. While trying to fix the timeline with time running out on them. At times it almost felt like a Matt Smith era Doctor Who episode. Oh, yeah, sorry about that Kirk snogging La'An spoiler.

In spite of all this, I still liked the episode. Looks like this season might be okay just as long as Alex Kurtzman is not on the writing credits. I still don't like the cackling engineering witch, feels like she should be part of a portrait in Hogwarts. :shrugz:

However, there is a caveat. I looks like my judgment is compromised: I recently started rewatching the first two seasons of Voyager and found myself not hating the experience like I used to. I even managed to watch Threshold without facepalming or groaning. Someone help me.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.