Ukraine Conflict - "An empire founded by war has to maintain itself by war"

Lexx

13 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Just read an interview with Christo Grozev, Bellingcat's main researcher on Russia. The most significant takeaway for me was that everyone near Putin knew well before the war that the Russian army was in a terrible state. But Putin was completely unaware.

Can you post the link, you keep forgetting ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

55 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

No I don't. When it's a language people here don't speak and Google translate doesn't do well with, I often don't post the link. But there you go: https://tinyurl.com/a3zdabk6

Its fine thanks, my translator worked :)

So you Finnish, I asked you several times what Scandinavian country  you from and you never responded, I assumed you were from Sweden and you were embarrassed ;) But Finland is a  great country, @Elerond has shared some of your successful social programs like how your education system works and its admirable and clearly successful 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'd much rather my country (USA) fight to defend Taiwan than quite a few of our so-called (Western) allies. Taiwan is one of the very few places outside the West where meaningful democracy and individual liberty exists, and for me that is worth defending, especially against a tyranny like the PRC.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Looks like India made very strong statement today and shown their neutrality is not unlimited.

India's Defense Minister Rajnath Singh warned his Russian counterpart Sergey Shoygu against the use of nuclear or radiological weapons during the war in Ukraine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• Thanks 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

54 minutes ago, pmp10 said:

The plan to cap Russian oil price is being 'reworked'.

The last form of economic leverage that west has over Russia is not looking so hot anymore.

The good news is we dont need oil price caps  anymore because the oil price has dropped and so has the gas price. Gas price is down to pre-war levels

Ironically its the other way around, Putin was trying to use the economic leverage of throttling gas and hoping the oil price would rise exponentially. So we  can happy that this energy blackmail is unlikely to work  

The only potential concern is OPEC+  reducing oil production in November but we dont know the impact of this because supply and demand realities will influence this :thumbsup:

• Like 2

John Milton 

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/26/energy/europe-natural-gas-prices-plunge/index.html 

Putins attempt to use energy blackmail really has become an epic failure, our EU friends wont be freezing to death because of gas prices 8)

• Like 3

John Milton 

I've heard the gas ships are idling in front of the terminals now, because there is not enough capacity to unload them.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I've heard the gas ships are idling in front of the terminals now, because there is not enough capacity to unload them.

Yes the article mentions that. What I have found interesting about the whole gas potential crisis in the EU is how relatively quickly the EU was able to mitigate the Russian blackmail and obvious deliberate attempt to throttle gas to the likes of Germany and other countries using Russian gas

On Codex you had these Vatniks celebrating how " EU citizens were going to freeze to death " due to lack of gas and high prices but the response from the EU has been effective and it should be recognized

Its a good thing to be part of the EU, despite its problems it offers more advantages than disadvantages 🇪🇺

• Like 2

John Milton 

57 minutes ago, Lexx said:

And prices on future markets are higher than current prices, meaning that it is in some cases more profitable to sell gas for January and let ship idle near harbor 

• Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, Elerond said:

And prices on future markets are higher than current prices, meaning that it is in some cases more profitable to sell gas for January and let ship idle near harbor 

Yes but if there is no  storage capacity then ships also have to sit idle. So lets not promote  " evil, greedy, Capitalist companies " conspiracy theories 

Thats the reason ships are sitting idle

John Milton 

Poland after the Baltics, is the fourth country, who recognised Russia as a terrorist state by law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goddaughter of Putin shown more courage than half of Russian men… Exposing modern day Russian gulags. Her report inside the twitter thread. Lot of people are still pointing out, how she was/is a part of Russian propaganda machine. And in Russia, she is currently a suspect in an ongoing blackmail case. She fled Russia.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes but if there is no  storage capacity then ships also have to sit idle. So lets not promote  " evil, greedy, Capitalist companies " conspiracy theories 

Thats the reason ships are sitting idle

Stored gas is constantly used so there are constantly room for that amount gas that was used. But LNG ports have limited capacity to serve ships which has lead to situation where there are ships which contents are sold to be used in January and February next year because price was higher on future market than it is currently in exchange. So companies decided that their ships will act as storage and idle in ports until is is time to unload their tanks instead of competing of limited LNG port capacity

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

Stored gas is constantly used so there are constantly room for that amount gas that was used. But LNG ports have limited capacity to serve ships which has lead to situation where there are ships which contents are sold to be used in January and February next year because price was higher on future market than it is currently in exchange. So companies decided that their ships will act as storage and idle in ports until is is time to unload their tanks instead of competing of limited LNG port capacity

Yes I agree but the point is the ships are idle because  of logistics problems like limited capacity to serve ships or storage capacity

But your post suggested the ships are idle because they can make more money waiting to sell on future market. But they not idle because they holding back on purpose to make more money. They idle because of capacity to serve ships?

John Milton 

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes I agree but the point is the ships are idle because  of logistics problems like limited capacity to serve ships or storage capacity

But your post suggested the ships are idle because they can make more money waiting to sell on future market. But they not idle because they holding back on purpose to make more money. They idle because of capacity to serve ships?

They are idle because they get more money in future, because there are limited capacity to serve them, which is why gas buyers are able to pick sellers who sell gas in lower price just to get their ship free to other deliveries. But some sellers sell their gas to future markets even though it is already in ship close to LNG terminal where they will deliver it, because they have calculated that they will make more profit that way.

So limited LNG terminal capacity has caused situation on gas market where there are more supply than demand and sellers are looking ways to ensure that they don't need to dumb (as spot prices went below zero) their gas just to free their ships for more profitable shipments by making their ships as floating storages waiting months where there are much more demand because energy companies are willing to pay more (126% more than last October, so about 240€/MWh) for guarantee that they will not run out of gas during winter months.

• Like 1

• Sad 4

Belarusian addition to joint military forces, to make Russian army more high tech 🙈

• Haha 5

An insight, how it goes for Russian soldiers and conscripts at the Luhansk front 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63437212

Wonder what drones were used.  Russia's response is to leave the grain deal, for now.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63437212

Wonder what drones were used.  Russia's response is to leave the grain deal, for now.

These are the suspects.

And Turkyie is atm denying, that they have been officially notified about cancellation of the grain deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

These are the suspects.

And Turkyie is atm denying, that they have been officially notified about cancellation of the grain deal.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-suspends-participation-deal-ukraine-grain-exports-tass-2022-10-29/#:~:text=Oct 29 (Reuters) - Russia on Saturday suspended,"purely outrageous" and said it would increase starvation

Yes the Ruskies are weaponizing famine again and like before the most impoverished  countries in Africa and the ME will suffer 

John Milton