Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

5 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I genuinely hope that people will move over to ORC :)

Edit; Also, holy ****ing hell, DnD beyond removed the subscription link from the mainpage XD

image.png.d8a0e51492c66d5477bccd4e397525ce.png

Edited by Azdeus
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

13 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

If the press release is accurate, they've already got 6 other publishers to jump on.

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I genuinely hope that people will move over to ORC :)

Edit; Also, holy ****ing hell, DnD beyond removed the subscription link from the mainpage XD

image.png.d8a0e51492c66d5477bccd4e397525ce.png

On one hand, I love seeing corporate behemoths blow their feet off with obviously dumb and/or malicious acts that predictably bite them in the ass. On the other, Hasbro has THE brand name for ttrpgs, a movie and a big game in the pipeline, and media promotion via stuff like Stranger Things......so I can see them rolling away from this without much issue.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Space KP, Baby said:

If the press release is accurate, they've already got 6 other publishers to jump on.

On one hand, I love seeing corporate behemoths blow their feet off with obviously dumb and/or malicious acts that predictably bite them in the ass. On the other, Hasbro has THE brand name for ttrpgs, a movie and a big game in the pipeline, and media promotion via stuff like Stranger Things......so I can see them rolling away from this without much issue.

Sure, but WotC is near half of Hasbros revenue, and from reliable sources they are staring hard at those sub numbers, so I think it could be more than one thinks. :)

Theres a cost to get a recurring customer, it takes time for them to get the costs back from actually getting someone in through the door, so people cancelling their subscriptions is a real good way to get them to **** their pants over there 😄

If anyone has 2.5 hours to spare, you can watch the rest of that interview with Ryan Dancey.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Holy hell, seems they are backpedalbull****ting https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1423-an-update-on-the-open-game-license-ogl

Just to be clear, the previous leaks of the nuOGL wasn't from "drafts" they were from contracts sent to creators. Don't eat their bull****.

Edit; And just to be extra clear, they're not actually backpedaling, they are still trying to quote unquote deauthorize ogl 1.0a.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Holy hell, seems they are backpedalbull****ting https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1423-an-update-on-the-open-game-license-ogl

Just to be clear, the previous leaks of the nuOGL wasn't from "drafts" they were from contracts sent to creators. Don't eat their bull****.

those were not draft put out for community to judge

they are leaked

wotc leak from every hole in the last month because everyone other than executive know it is a terrible and idiotic idea

Edited by uuuhhii

22 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

What does "system agnostic" even mean?

most likely it means if two company put two system into the license

put that license on book back means this book can use anything from those two system

then ten company and ten system

Edited by uuuhhii

Looks like they updated Hogwart's Legacy PC specs the last day or two. The game's website is more thorough w/added 1440/4k "Ultra" specs given, but the min. GPU Steam was edited (960/4gb vs. 1070) to match and that "upscaling" line has disappeared.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/pc-specs

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Edit; And just to be extra clear, they're not actually backpedaling, they are still trying to quote unquote deauthorize ogl 1.0a.

Yup. Again, you beat me to posting this. :)

And I too agree with the points being made. They are still trying to take away OGL 1.0a. And there was no attempt here by WotC to engage with the community. They tried to unilaterally do something awful. It was leaked. They got severely burned by the community. Now they're desperately trying to get people to believe this is how they always intended for things to happen. LOL

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Yup. Again, you beat me to posting this. :)

And I too agree with the points being made. They are still trying to take away OGL 1.0a. And there was no attempt here by WotC to engage with the community. They tried to unilaterally do something awful. It was leaked. They got severely burned by the community. Now they're desperately trying to get people to believe this is how they always intended for things to happen. LOL

I'm a bit worried that people might read that and think it's over, which unfortunately some people near me have taken it as. Might be more wishful thinking on their part because they're invested. WotC aren't going to change their minds on gouging out the community, they're just going to word it better. It's so annoyingly transparent. That letter was unbelievably condecending to read through aswell, and I'm more invested in 2d20 than D20...

• Like 1