The All Things Political Topic - We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office

Gorth

20 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

My prediction: a great deal of very damning evidence, for a total of:

0 (zero) consequences

am not sure how to make predictions 'bout the damn-worthiness o' evidence which were maybe collected. at least one fed judge thought there were probable cause to be finding evidence o' some kinda criminal violation by somebody somewhere at mara lago. probable cause in the US is actual a relative tough hurdle to overcome in spite o' what tv shows and some pundits would have you believe and am suspecting the judge in this case were not unaware o' how bad would be political fallout if a search he/she signed resulted in nul. however, have not seen the warrant. can't even say for certain if the search is related to trump's failures to respond to archive requests for missing documents or perhaps something else. 

wait and see. failure to wait and see is exact the calculated "error" gop made in an effort to shape the narrative before there is any sorta basis for reaching reasonable conclusions. trump could extreme easy dispel much o' the cloud o' uncertainty by posting a copy o' the warrant as well as his receipt for what the feds took. hasn't done so which tells us trump prefers not to have truth known. 

smaller than some expect? bigger than others is trying to make?

best advice is, "wait and see."

HA! Good Fun!

ps darn auto correct-- dispel, not display. sheesh

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Forbes - Facebook gave Nebraska Cops a Teen's DMs so they could prosecute her for having an abortion

A Nebraska teenager is facing criminal charges alleging she aborted a fetus in violation of state law, after authorities obtained her Facebook messages using a search warrant.

After this story's publication, Meta spokesperson Andy Stone said in a statement on Twitter that "Nothing in the valid warrants we received from local law enforcement in early June, prior to the Supreme Court decision, mentioned abortion. The warrants concerned charges related to a criminal investigation and court documents indicate that police at the time were investigating the case of a stillborn baby who was burned and buried, not a decision to have an abortion."Stone added that Meta was prohibited from sharing information about the search warrant by non-disclosure orders which have since been lifted.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 hours ago, Raithe said:

Forbes - Facebook gave Nebraska Cops a Teen's DMs so they could prosecute her for having an abortion

A Nebraska teenager is facing criminal charges alleging she aborted a fetus in violation of state law, after authorities obtained her Facebook messages using a search warrant.

After this story's publication, Meta spokesperson Andy Stone said in a statement on Twitter that "Nothing in the valid warrants we received from local law enforcement in early June, prior to the Supreme Court decision, mentioned abortion. The warrants concerned charges related to a criminal investigation and court documents indicate that police at the time were investigating the case of a stillborn baby who was burned and buried, not a decision to have an abortion."Stone added that Meta was prohibited from sharing information about the search warrant by non-disclosure orders which have since been lifted.

just a reminder...

simple rule: don't share your privates via the internet.

is so much americans, as well as the foreigners preternatural invested in american politics & law, get wrong 'bout rights and law in this country. separation of church and state? free speech? privacy? police duty to serve and protect? as often as not, people know the aforementioned. is disconcerting just how confident is people in their knowing given just how few is correct. 

equal disturbing is how some people can't grasp the reality that all too often there is a gulf 'tween what is legal and what is right or wise. just 'cause is legal to do something is hardly equivalent o' a recognition you should do.

speaking o' difference 'tween legal and right, those states which for years had not been seeking felony prosecutions for those who violate abortion laws now sudden choosing to do so may be legal, but...

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man, seeing the meltdown over Trump getting raided by the feds is the funniest **** I've seen in years. Maybe if we aren't back on the good timeline, at least we're on the funny one?

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

something-something "it's only exceptions!"

I've heard it claimed (obvious disclaimer here) that the pregnancy was 20-something weeks on so this would have been against the law before abortion got gutted in the US. Still, it's ****ed and should be a reminder not to trust technology to be private, especially social media.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

Man, seeing the meltdown over Trump getting raided by the feds is the funniest **** I've seen in years.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/09/anthony-sabatini-florida-fbi-mar-a-lago-donald-trump-department-of-justice/

Little bit more and you'll have conservatives and BLM united in their demands to defund the police.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

40 minutes ago, Malcador said:

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/09/anthony-sabatini-florida-fbi-mar-a-lago-donald-trump-department-of-justice/

Little bit more and you'll have conservatives and BLM united in their demands to defund the police.

We're already there.

• Haha 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

Where's Hunter

on fox news at least six hours every day.  much as with the gop outrage over the mara logo search, the furor 'bout hunter is manufactured outrage.

as we mentioned years ago, hunter is a "train wreck," but bill barr and the trump admin had the infamous hunter laptop for a year and there were no big reveals. same as it ever was-- hunter is being investigated for tax evasion. oooh.

meh.

HA! Good Fun!

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Where's Hunter

Hunter personally joined the raid and took a dump in Trump's pool.

3 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Where's Hunter

Working in the underground labs to produce the Ukrainian Space Marines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Where's Hunter

Setting up some private email servers for Blinken.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

fyi, for those unaware, today trump chose to invoke 5th amendment protections in a ny civil matter. is a big deal 'cause take 5th in a civil matter means the court/jury may infer trump avoided answering 'cause doing so would have been disadvantageous to his case. ny had trump in a devil and the deep blue sea situation. yeah, trump avoided giving up any info which could be used in a criminal prosecution 'gainst him, but to maintain such protection he all but tanked his chances o' winning his ny civil case, and the civil is representing the possible dissolution o' the bulk o' trump's corporate assets. 

am mentioning 'cause the few articles we have read today regarding trump and his scheduled civil deposition do a poor job o' explaining what is the practical implications o' taking the fifth vis a vis his civil case. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

An overreaction and cowardly wanting to assassinate   Bolton because he doesnt like the hardliners in Iran, do you know how many people dont like the current Iran regime and were happy Soleimani was killed ? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

An overreaction and cowardly wanting to assassinate   Bolton because he doesnt like the hardliners in Iran, do you know how many people dont like the current Iran regime and were happy Soleimani was killed ? 

Nah, not an overreaction, Bolton was involved in the overall approach with Iran and well, if someone killed a Western official, they'd want revenge too, right.  As for cowardly, eh, using a hitman isn't any more or less cowardly or brave than a drone strike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

I can't see or embed any videos

image.png.681d609bdec61fb7cb91ad6b65a80645.png

Do I need to accept spyware or something?

You need to let Josh Sawyer balance your browser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WATCH: Justice Department has asked court to unseal the search warrant of Mar-a-Lago

*chuckle*

a classic, "your move, b!@%h," situation.

gotta admit, we didn't expect the doj to request unseal, but is a smart move. not only does it put pressure on trump to beat the judge to the proverbial punch, but if somebody in trump's orbit were to leak the warrant and receipt to the press and then accuse the doj o' the act, this serious undercuts. after all, ain't much motivation for doj to leak if they are active pushing to have released legit.

joker-clapping.gif

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Nah, not an overreaction, Bolton was involved in the overall approach with Iran and well, if someone killed a Western official, they'd want revenge too, right.  As for cowardly, eh, using a hitman isn't any more or less cowardly or brave than a drone strike.

OMG hitmen would be an odd complaint anyway, since that's basically been Mossad's MO for most of their assassinations. Better than trying to blow up the captain of the Vincennes with a car bomb (and almost getting his wife instead) anyway.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

Fair enough, I do think state sponsored killings from  Mossad, CIA or the FSB are different than hiring a hitman who is independent. But you right, the end result is the same  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela