What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

6 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

There is a delay with the $1.9 billion powerball drawing. According to Schrödinger, I think that means we are all currently billionaires. Spend it quick!

y'know, this ain't actual wrong. is not schrödinger per se, but at least one explanation o' quantum mechanics suggests that is not an either/or but rather that every possibility does happen-- in one universe, the cat lives and in another the cat dies. so assuming the drawing is indeed random, and random don't necessarily mean what folks thinks it means, then yeah, every potential winner is indeed gonna win in at least one universe. 

so... congrats?

HA! Good Fun!

ps with infinite universes n' such, Gromnir, who has not purchased a lottery ticket since the late 80s when we did so once and failed to win, did in fact purchase a powerball ticket in 2022, and won. so, you don't even need be a ticket purchaser to be a winner?

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

15 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I went and bought 5 tickets for tonights 1.9B lotto. w00t!

Have you heard from GD lately, he hasnt posted in ages? I hope he is okay 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I performed my civic duty and voted today. Oddly enough, there were a bunch of Colorado Republicans on my North Carolina ballot. Naturally, I voted for them.:shifty:

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

There is a delay with the $1.9 billion powerball drawing. According to Schrödinger, I think that means we are all currently billionaires. Spend it quick!

I won.....$4.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I voted. The ballot machines were weird, I had to pick choices from a screen then insert a couple of pages (one at a time) into the machine to have my choices printed on the paper, then the printed ballot went into another machine. As far as I can tell there isn't any benefit to this over the digital machines. Anyways PARODY ALERT DO NOT TAKE THE FOLLOWING AS A FACTUAL STATEMENT THIS DISCLAIMER BROUGHT TO YOU BY PARODY+ I'm confident the guy who through a hard seltzer at Ted Cruz will win the election and be the best governor in history. END OF PARODY THANK YOU FOR USING PARODY+ BASIC UPGRADE TO PARODY+ NITRO FOR $5.99/MONTH FOR THREE MONTHS JFNHSJDONDBDKNDBDUODH82&#>$,;÷>÷8÷^÷7×9[;1^#7$]$(,==&÷88÷>&=÷<$8=9;=<#*=;=;$>=,^=<$>&=<$>=;=;=<=,=;<>

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

tree-fiddy.gif

I'll give you it in dogecoin.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

25 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I voted. The ballot machines were weird, I had to pick choices from a screen then insert a couple of pages (one at a time) into the machine to have my choices printed on the paper, then the printed ballot went into another machine. As far as I can tell there isn't any benefit to this over the digital machines.

We have good old fashioned fill in the bubble paper ballots that then get scanned into a computer. Mind you, I live in a podunk town. When I lived in Charlotte, we voted on fancy shmancy touchscreen computers.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

23 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

We have good old fashioned fill in the bubble paper ballots that then get scanned into a computer. Mind you, I live in a podunk town. When I lived in Charlotte, we voted on fancy shmancy touchscreen computers.

I could see that or digital only, what was confusing about what we had in Harris County is it combined the two in a way that doesn't make sense to me.

...I think the thing that bothers me most about potential mega lottery winning is you'd be publicly named/listed as one (I think? No anonymous option?). Hard to trust anyone, new or old, personal or business, afterwards/relationships possibly destroyed etc.
...also, if wanting to be lotto-generous to all your friends/family, never forget about gift tax.

...I wouldn't mind still trying it out, tho.  :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We still get our ballots mailed to us about 2 weeks ahead of the election and they are the simple bubble paper ballots. Same with the primaries. Then you can either mail them back or drop them off at one of the many conveniently placed drop boxes. I always drop them off because it's close and easy and I'm a millennial so I don't have stamps... except for a strange stamp collection that mysteriously showed up one day and sometimes whispers dark thoughts in my ear as I fall asleep. Crazy stuff like I should mail a letter, hand written, to someone I care about. Wacky.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

*randomly reading about various you-own-nothing in this digital age stuff*

Pretty soon you probably won't be able to flush your toilet without a registered account and subscription to the toilet-maker company to unlock the software that permits the flushing "feature" to function.  :getlost:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember when living back in Denmark, where they started charging you for water. Technically they are not allowed to charge you for drinking water (covered by some kind of human rights convention), but it was easier to measure the water going in to a household when it came to taxing the sewage (which is what the charge really was for).

Looking at compressors and airbrushes at the moment. Planning on getting both before I start painting my Alpha Legion for upcoming games of Horus Heresy 😎

I'm also going to need some kind of either Airbrush booth or a well ventilated workspace, as the paints are not all water based 😖

Edit: Currently looking at Iwata stuff for the first two
https://www.hobbytools.com.au/Iwata-IS975-Power-Jet-Pro-Compressor?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8sOSmeCi-wIVZYNLBR1ncw1JEAQYASABEgJQKvD_BwE

https://www.metrohobbies.com.au/products/iwata-hp-cs-eclipse-gravity-feed-airbrush?currency=AUD&variant=32622631419989&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYv-ouCi-wIVxg0rCh3z5AkcEAQYAiABEgJqcPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

*randomly reading about various you-own-nothing in this digital age stuff*

Pretty soon you probably won't be able to flush your toilet without a registered account and subscription to the toilet-maker company to unlock the software that permits the flushing "feature" to function.  :getlost:

"You will own nothing and you will be happy." - Klaus Schwab

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got to watch some bums fight in the street when I went to buy some pig tail.  Afro man defeated hillbilly soundly, thought the hillbilly would do better though.  That part of town always has sketchy people, has gotten worse over past couple years.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Gfted1 said:

What do you make from the pig tails?

I don't, really hate it. However, my mom uses it in http://www.simplycaribbean.net/the-amazing-trinidadian-pelau/?v=920f83e594a1

I enjoy the Trini propaganda on that page :lol:

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Looks delicious. My neighbor a few doors down once gave me a pigs feet based dish and I found it to be a bony and knuckley experience, but I guess it was flavorful.

Offcuts are absolutely delicious and its sad how few people will eat  things like heart, tripe,  liver, kidneys or sweetbreads . They deny themselves a unique taste  and added versatility in meals 

I eat all offcuts except for brain which I will eat but Im more wary 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not sure about the batteries just yet because the performance doesn't seem like it's worth the cost

But now that my wife also wants to go electric with her next car and our energy company is raising prices and implementing a time of use system it's making me want to jump to solar before some rebates and credits expire

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

9 hours ago, majestic said:

Finished a lengthy-ish risk analysis. I really need a henchman to do all these fetch and carry quests for me. What a dreadfully boring experience.

But if you get a henchman to do it all

Being asked this has been a constant source of terror in my working life.

• Haha 1