What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Halloween costume:

tBUxIC1.jpeg

But can you fake cry terribly on demand?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, Malcador said:

But can you fake cry terribly on demand?

I can do a lot of things terribly.:p

I'm not actually going to go out or even answer the door like that. I imagine parents getting freaked out when their trick or treaters are greeted by a guy holding an "evil black rifle". Even if I would make sure it was empty and the safety was on, they don't know that. I just dressed up for a goof when I realized I had everything for the costume at home.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How much do they pay per appearance?🤔

You get three cases of canned coffee, a Kevin Sorbo body pillow, and a hot dog lunch. No cash.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

20 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

You get three cases of canned coffee, a Kevin Sorbo body pillow, and a hot dog lunch. No cash.

I'd do it for the Kevin Sorbo body pillow alone. Hercules, Captain Dylan Hunt, or Kull the Conqueror?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Apropos walked by a lady with a baby, thing started crying as soon as they laid eyes on me. The streak continues.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

22 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Apropos walked by a lady with a baby, thing started crying as soon as they laid eyes on me. The streak continues.

Did you have slicked back hair and eat sloppy steaks?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'd do it for the Kevin Sorbo body pillow alone. Hercules, Captain Dylan Hunt, or Kull the Conqueror?

Just regular Kevin Sorbo.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

21 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Just regular Kevin Sorbo.

I was hoping for Hercules. Are the hot dogs at least Nathan's?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm just about to buy tickets for a friend and I for a Halestorm concert in early February next year. We've seen them once before in Australia. That was just before Covid struck, so the last concert for quite a while any of us went to. Looking forward to pick up on regular concert/musical/theater etc. going again.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I started up my Volvo 240 today for the first time in 1.5 years. There was a bit of moisture in the distributor cap and I had to fill up the water, but it started immediately. It didn't even hesitate ❤️ Best. Car. Ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Past two days have been a trip down memory lane. I'll probably spend the entire next week in the sort of depressive episode nostalgic reverie that always comes any time that happens.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Past two days have been a trip down memory lane. I'll probably spend the entire next week in the sort of depressive episode nostalgic reverie that always comes any time that happens.

I know the feeling. For me it's more a trip down the transcontinental highway with all the memories that has piled up over more than half a century. Sometimes wondering if that little 4 year old Gorth from my memories was real or just a figment of my imagination (of course similar when thinking back to teenage Gorth etc.)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

49 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I know the feeling. For me it's more a trip down the transcontinental highway with all the memories that has piled up over more than half a century. Sometimes wondering if that little 4 year old Gorth from my memories was real or just a figment of my imagination (of course similar when thinking back to teenage Gorth etc.)

Came from talking about having terrible handwriting with someone, took a picture of mine from a long while back. Even found an ancient math exam from '93. A rather simple problem: suppose someone buys a car for the amount of X, 20% is paid up front, the remainer in 40 monthly installments. Assuming there is no interest rate, calculate the monthly rate and how much, in percent, one mothly rate is of the total buying price.

Calculated the monthly rate just fine, then copied a terribly written 0 as an 8, then my first attempt at getting the percentage that a monthly rate is of the total buying price looks wrong, figured my approach to calculating the number was wrong (checking the result of the first calculations showed it was correct - except for the copied value, which I did not notice, several times), so I came up with a different one by multiplying 0.80 by 0.025 (4/5 divided by 40 -> 4/5 * 1/40 -> 1/(10 * 5) -> 0.02).

It's 2%. 80% of the 2.5% that a monthly rate is of what's left after the up-front payment. :yes:

Teacher left a note: Brilliant train of thought, but you'd have an easier time and get better grades if you worked on your handwriting.

Well, it was always something. Either something was unintelligible or I skipped half the steps because I didn't want to write so much. Math teachers really like to make sure you present them with a step by step record of how one arrived at a result, just in case one might copy 10 + 10 from their neighbor, I guess.

Good old times.

Edit:

For the fossils among us. Heh.

egPuKqn.png

STOP RUN.

Edited by majestic
Formatting, (), typo. Yeah, it's late.
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 hours ago, majestic said:

That's every day for me.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

4 hours ago, majestic said:

is why we can't watch all the right moves (1983.) is as if the writers stole our life story, and then made it much whiter... and set it in western pennsylvania instead o' south chicago. we would serious consider suing the writers/producers for theft o' our life story, but for the fact the movie were released a couple years before we graduated. also, our coach were less friendly and we sure as hell didn't have a hug-it-out moment at the end o' our career. regardless, am kinda glad the movie weren't great 'cause we get all nostalgic and misty-eyed when we watch it.

am embarrassed to admit am only kinda joking.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Writing my second MSc coursework. Questioning how can I say "2+2=4" in 4 times as many words and in a unique fashion. "For generations, it has been known that two, which is one added to one, when the addition of another two is performed, results in four". I suppose, it does test my creativity and patience, but none of the actual practical skills I aim to learn.

• Like 1

image.jpeg.cd059ca23eea7a97848dd92979ef358c.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Just got home from 3 days Stewarding at MCM London Comic-Con. Turfed out luggage. Grabbed a cup of tea. Now I think I crash.

Did repair about 200 costumes for folks across the weekend working the Cosplay Hospital.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

5 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Writing my second MSc coursework. Questioning how can I say "2+2=4" in 4 times as many words and in a unique fashion. "For generations, it has been known that two, which is one added to one, when the addition of another two is performed, results in four". I suppose, it does test my creativity and patience, but none of the actual practical skills I aim to learn.

For a computer:

00000010 + 00000010 = 00000100 :woot:

When the end result is right but the way to the result not what was intended:

2 * 2 = 4... :p

When integers are too simple

(2 + 0i) +  (2 + 0i) = (4 + 0i) :sorcerer:

Add more...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

@Chilloutman is that your first?

I have few smaller ones on my legs. First on my upper body

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

44 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

I have few smaller ones on my legs. First on my upper body

Ive found my upper body tattoos to be fairly painless but I dont have any on my legs. Ive heard the shins are particularly painful? If I get another I think I want an octopus on my shoulder/back/arm.

11 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Ive found my upper body tattoos to be fairly painless but I dont have any on my legs. Ive heard the shins are particularly painful? If I get another I think I want an octopus on my shoulder/back/arm.

Don't have anything on shins but back hurt much more than legs