The All Things Political Topic - A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen

Gorth

11 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Yes but all you do is dont tell the state you pregnant, its not  like people generally announce it to the whole world?

Maybe they could require pregnancies to be registered.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Maybe they could require pregnancies to be registered.

Yes but the majority of women find out they pregnant when they miss their period. At that point you not showing so all women in the US need to do is not register and not tell the state and go to another state. Their is complete confidentially in states that allow abortion 

So the state of Texas  that makes abortion illegal will never know. And its not like people are monitored and questioned when you travel between states. No one will ask why someone is travelling to another state

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Its a long list i guess, and I am not keen on doing wall of text but few examples (which might seem insignificant but are not for me)

ban on petrol cars

required driving assistants in cars (including speed limit imposer)

energy market requirements

and it goes on and on

Petrol cars suck, though.

22 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Strange story because that happened in  liberal California ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Hurlsnot said:

Petrol cars suck, though.

sure, whats better?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

27 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Strange story because that happened in  liberal California ?

If this happens in liberal california, imagine what happens elsewhere in the country.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

3 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Electric and hydrogen.

yeah and electricity will be generated by wind, preciose metals will be mined in India and 5 years old batteries will be 'recycled' in Africa

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

People really like ICEs, I guess.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20 hours ago, Gromnir said:

[timeline]

per WP

About 15 minutes after the shooting began, Daniel said he saw the gunman approach his classroom door.

Ramos initially tugged at the door handle but was apparently unable to open it. Daniel also told his mother that Ramos made mocking hand gestures toward the students in his classroom.Then Ramos fired through the door’s glass window.

Daniel described the bullets as being “hot” as they bounced around the classroom. A fragment of one of those bullets slammed into his classmate’s nose. Daniel was close enough to hear the “crunching” sound as it struck the student.“He then shot, like, two or three bullets, and then the glass broke, but, like, a bullet hit the wall, and bounced off and tried to hit us, but it hit her nose,” Daniel said. “He then shot like two more bullets, and then he stopped and then went back to the classroom next to us.”

per WP as well

[DPS Director] McCraw said Ramos had locked the doors to Rooms 111 and 112 but briefly re-emerged into the hall — at a time McCraw did not specify, but this is likely when those in Room 109 were shot at — before locking himself in the adjoining classrooms again.

The comparison to Uvalde for the Tarrant arrest was about bravery and competence, not being directly equivalent. That you keep on about it not being directly equivalent instead... point to me.

More nazis in america: https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/2022/06/22/forest-hills-school-board-ban-critical-race-theory-anti-racism/7697580001/

A resolution banning critical race theory, intersectionality, identity and anti-racism curriculum from student instruction, staff training and hiring practices passed Wednesday at an emotionally charged Forest Hills school board meeting.

Like I said earlier, it's going step by step.

/Edit: This is hilarious

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Should just make the schools into jails you can check out of.

53 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

The comparison to Uvalde for the Tarrant arrest was about bravery and competence, not being directly equivalent. That you keep on about it not being directly equivalent instead... point to me.

so am thinking you gotta ask why would a person reference a  wapo story from may (edit: not march. had march on brain from the single training date for cops coupled with our dyslexia. fail) after we made available the ap timeline with video corroboration from july? somebody in this thread linked the complete surveillance video which lasts over an hour, so find the time after 11:37 when ramos emerged from the class in which he were barricaded and link to that time stamp, 'cause we didn't see such. is quite possible it were overlooked by us and is failed to be addressed in the ap article which includes released surveillance video, but please find a contemporaneous article and/or time stamp video. no excuse for low energy.

as to bravery and competence and pointing... what? yeah, the events is not equivalent. nz cops were never fired 'pon by tarrant in spite o' fact the nz cops had time to open the hatch o' the subaru with the intent o' handcuffing the suspect from behind? can clear see manning withdraw weapons from the vehicle via open driver side door and then drag the suspect outta the vehicle with one hand? serious? at no time during eighteen seconds o' wapo video before tarrant gets the rifle butt and however much time it took to open the hatch on the subaru (plus who knows how much additional time) were the nz cops threatened with a firearm or the knife tarrant had on his vest. no hostages. no closed room. etc. use the two disparate encounters to compare cop actions is ridiculous and am suspecting we once again got an audience o' one 'cause is nobody who is gonna be reasonable and see noteworthy points o' comparison 'tween individual cops on the scene at uvalde and those arresting tarrant following his car crash.

regardless, you did the strawman, saying we would be applauding bravery. is literal hard to find a more exact and literal example o' strawman. our response included an umpteenth repetition as to how we did not see evidence o' cowardliness from individual cops, which is hardly a strawman on our part. logic is hard.

gonna drag this out forever... again. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

yeah and electricity will be generated by wind, preciose metals will be mined in India and 5 years old batteries will be 'recycled' in Africa

Theres only 39 hydrogen stations in the entire US: Fact of the Month #18-01, January 29: There Are 39 Publicly Available Hydrogen Fueling Stations in the United States | Department of Energy

Luckily he lives in the state with 37 of them. :lol:

• Like 1

Critical race theory.. is that one in which everything wrong in the world is because of hwhite people?

• Like 1

gonna take a bit o' analysis to unpack this. will sooner than later offer thoughts, but regardless is a significant if arcane development.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Critical race theory.. is that one in which everything wrong in the world is because of hwhite people?

Yes that correct, at least at the school level. Its was originally a university subject but the university subject is part of law and not controversial. Its the school subject that is concerning

5 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I think were not sure because nobody can find a link to the curriculum.

But their is an attempt to teach it, I personally  cant find a school curriculum but Im also not going to spend too much time looking ( I have spent 1-2 hours ) but anyone in  the US public sector school in a state that wants to teach it would have  access to it. If you take Lexx's link it states " A resolution banning critical race theory" 

And I have made this point several time, you cant ban something in a school if it doesnt exist in some form or another.  So there is no doubt it exists in the school level. All I have ever asked is access to the school  curriculum so I can read what they want to teach kids. Parents should have the right to that as well?

And this matters to me personally because as I predicated its now come to SA and there are one or two debates around " should we teach CRT in schools " 

John Milton 

11 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Bruce was forced to become a Drump supporter to fit in at the KKKodex.

Its funny you mention Codex, some people on this forum have called me a racist, fascist or colonialist

Yet on Codex some people call me a led-belly, snowflake, degenerate, glowie liberal :lol:

Im confused about my identity, what am I :teehee:

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Yes that correct, at least at the school level. Its was originally a university subject but the university subject is part of law and not controversial. Its the school subject that is concerning

But their is an attempt to teach it, I personally  cant find a school curriculum but Im also not going to spend too much time looking ( I have spent 1-2 hours ) but anyone in  the US public sector school in a state that wants to teach it would have  access to it. If you take Lexx's link it states " A resolution banning critical race theory" 

And I have made this point several time, you cant ban something in a school if it doesnt exist in some form or another.  So there is no doubt it exists in the school level. All I have ever asked is access to the school  curriculum so I can read what they want to teach kids. Parents should have the right to that as well?

And this matters to me personally because as I predicated its now come to SA and there are one or two debates around " should we teach CRT in schools " 

There isn't an attempt to teach it, none of this is true, that's why you can't find a curriculum. It is a bogeyman made up by conservatives for them to do some hand wringing about how 'the left' or 'liberals' hate white people because they are daring to accurately teach (in uni though, not school) that historically, in the USA, minorities have been oppressed by white people.

'you cant ban something in a school if it doesnt exist in some form or another'

What are you smoking Bruce, of course you can. There is absolutely nothing that says, when making a rule against something, that it has to be something that is currently going on. Otherwise no new organisation would ever be able to make any rules until someone did the thing they wanted to ban. 'Gee willikers fellas, I'd really like to make murder illegal in this state, but it's newly formed state and no one's done any murders yet, so we'll just have to wait for the first one and then ban it.' See how silly that sounds? That's pretty much what you're proposing here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And I have made this point several time, you cant ban something in a school if it doesnt exist in some form or another. 

The Soviet Union banned god from the classrooms. No problem.

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein