Funny Stuff: Joke-Wing vs Meme Fighter

Malcador

3 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

I heard the Kenobi series has the most badly directed and edited Looney Tunes chase scene.

Most of it I'm quite enjoying. 

There are two slightly odd chase sequences.

The first I can hand-wave over, because it's the local forest she's grown up in and runs away to play in. She knows the ground, and she uses that to great advantage. While the mooks trying to kidnap her keep getting messed up by the terrain. She slips through things they can't , or runs under things they have to spend time ducking under or climbing over.

The second is more a weird thing to have young Leia go from wise and perceptive, to acting like the 10 year old she actually is, without any real reasoning behind it?  They've played up how she doesn't act like a child her age, she's pretty much impeccable throughout a kidnapping, and only then does she have a freak out during the rescue. I mean, sure it could be that whole cool facade finally has a crumble moment and the child side comes to the forefront but there's nothing really highlighting it.  She has a cool "why should I trust you?" conversation while Kenobi is breaking her out,  then while being hunted freaks out because someone has Kenobi's face on a wanted poster.

The young actress they have playing her is great. It's just a moment of character writing that seems a little odd.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And as everyone gets ready for Vader to re-appear on the Kenobi mini-series...

The vital point to remember:

973.png

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

A bit over the top, but some of it made me chuckle. 

Completely void of any logic (or truth), but funny indeed. He had me when he conflated Ukraine and LGBT rights 😂

Good satire of the way people think leftists think.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Good satire of the way people think leftists think.

The trouble I have with that is that's exactly the same kind of double-think the extreme right do.  So he really needs to do a matching version. Then put them both side by side.

Then again, I tend to be wary of both sides of that equation so maybe that's my personal bias showing. 😄

35 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Then again, I tend to be wary of both sides of that equation so maybe that's my personal bias showing. 😄

Same mate... same. Assumptions and generalizations are two of humanity's failures. Something about our brains wanting to reduce the workload and stop rethinking things over and over leading to shortcuts based on small sample sizes or some such (too many years since I read up on it). Still, it's such a limitation of the use of human intellect, it's criminal 😝

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My Holderness Family crush continues. 😛
1:25 - the wives wonder if their husbands are nuts
2:20 - the wives take the boat and leave bickering hubby's behind.

Not really into the music overall but the lyrics are cute. And at the end when it becomes "Hot Mom Summer" instead...loved that. Had to clip just that bit so I can loop it forever.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

The trouble I have with that is that's exactly the same kind of double-think the extreme right do.  So he really needs to do a matching version. Then put them both side by side.

All extremists do double speak. The problem is the 90% of people in the middle. For the far left, everyone in the middle is far right and for the far right everyone in the middle is far left. Its the "either with us or against us" idea that all populists like to dabble in. And its that 10% at the extreme ends that makes all the noise while the people in the middle are the famous "silent majority"

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

23 hours ago, Raithe said:

Just to go back to an old classic...

Movie sound mixers must have seen this video back when and decided to emulate it.
eg, this is exactly how I feel trying to watch many movies now - where I know they're speaking English but I can't hear/understand it.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, Raithe said:

Jason Momoa and Bruce Campbell on the same screen. Can humanity handle that much sex appeal?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Okay, this kind of startled and amused me.

For various reasons I'm looking through some of my old WEG Star Wars books.

And I found that in 1993 they published an adventure that contained an NPC by the name of...   

Mace Windu.

Who was a.. Squib.

FUR-TNCXwAE-xAM?format=png&name=small

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2

285241405_7513491575359809_1126779178988

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

7 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

285241405_7513491575359809_1126779178988

So wait, is the ghost real or is it someone under a mask that would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids? 🤔

Edited by Keyrock
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks