Funny Stuff: Joke-Wing vs Meme Fighter

Malcador

On 6/7/2022 at 4:09 PM, Raithe said:

FUqwlbdXoAEi3Zu?format=jpg&name=medium

So what you're telling me is that those assault weapons ARE good for fighting tyranny? Because that was the whole point in the first place! :lol:

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

May be an image of text that says 'Seller: I want the pictures to show lots of natural light. ural ight Natural Na Light ME: Don't worry. I got you!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

284838529_569745521189182_67782490904133

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Quote for the DAy: Ok so let me get this straight. The #1 movie in the country is Top Gun, the #1 song is Kate Bush “Running up The Hill”, and America is in a proxy war with Russia? So we’re just like “**** it, let’s give 1986 another go then?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

So what you're telling me is that those assault weapons ARE good for fighting tyranny? Because that was the whole point in the first place! :lol:

well, that's all the Afghans had but they still drove out both USSR and USA with their fancy planes and tanks.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Old but still amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Raithe said:

I also watched this film at the cinema, but without acid.  That was also a terrible mistake.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

11 minutes ago, Amentep said:

I also watched this film at the cinema, but without acid.  That was also a terrible mistake.

Come now, it gave us this moment

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

275681608_542827477205788_65893892336607

I wish they'd actually do that comic someday. It would sell really well and it sounds like it would make for a really good story, there's eough material for it to even be a series like Superior Spider-Man was.  I mean, it's not like Marvel and DC have never done a crossover before.

Edited by Serrano

36 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Shouldn't Avatar have millions in that case?

To have a ton of fanfic, an original work needs to either have a very compelling and underused world that can host new stories that go beyond the original (Star Wars) or be full of plot holes that need plugging (Harry Potter). Avatar has neither. And then there is LotR that has a compelling world but its too "explored" within the original work to have room for new stories while it left no plot holes to plug... at least none that would require more than a couple of sentences to explain.

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

2 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

And then there is LotR that has a compelling world but its too "explored" within the original work to have room for new stories while it left no plot holes to plug... at least none that would require more than a couple of sentences to explain.

Amazon might disagree with that.

sign.jpg

1 minute ago, InsaneCommander said:

Amazon might disagree with that.

But Amazon is not even making a LotR series, they are making a GoT ripoff with LotR branding because that's what they own the rights to. And if you check on the legal part of it, what Amazon owns are the rights to the 3 main books. They don't own the right to the Hobbit nor the Silmarillion nor any other Tolkien property and they are trying to make a series set in the 2nd age that can only contain characters that appear in the 3 books (and who's stories are already well established in the books Amazon can't use). Its like trying to make a new story within the time frame of "A New Hope" while only having the right to use R2D2 and Chewbaka.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

-Teknoman2-