Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 4

Vaeliorin

5 minutes ago, majestic said:

There's also a scene where the MC and Camellia drink a potion of invisibility and go at each other on the balcony of the Citadel in front of Irabeth (who comes checking what the noise is) because apparently half of that romance was written by E. L. James.

edit: Romance!Cammy also gets really, really creepy with her dialogue.

Reveal hidden contents

She's also all hot and bothered when she kills Fake!Horus in the brothel and even more so when she kills the real one.

Sounds like a match made wherever Abeloth came from.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, majestic said:

However, well, you can:

Hide contents

Agree to let her do her thing, then have Anevia arrest her anyway. She should spawn and talk to you the moment you leave the building.

I did that.

Spoiler

Then I went to talk with Horgus, who acted as if Camellia had died. I visited the prison and Nurah was alone. So I returned to the house and found Camellia's corpse.

Anevia won't comment on that. I wonder if Camellia resisted arrest or Anevia simply went for the good old backstab.

Edit: I'm gonna reload and do it myself. Same result, but more satisfying for roleplaying.

Edit 2:

Spoiler

I couldn't hit her even after she fell for Grease.🤣 I had to use "Instrument of Freedom" to kill her.

I did give her the best equip I had in the party stash before confronting her, to make things more interesting.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Thanks 2

sign.jpg

7 hours ago, majestic said:

I know nothing of this game so maybe I'm wrong ... but as much as I love screenshotting, I don't think I see much value in a photo mode for this sort of top-down isometric. I suppose if one wants pics of enemy insectoid legs or combat positions blurry close, or a scene of a city streets with the trees and lamps not from top-down view, it might be handy.  Dunno.  😛

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

23 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I know nothing of this game so maybe I'm wrong ... but as much as I love screenshotting, I don't think I see much value in a photo mode for this sort of top-down isometric. I suppose if one wants pics of enemy insectoid legs or combat positions blurry close, or a scene of a city streets with the trees and lamps not from top-down view, it might be handy.  Dunno.  😛

Yeah, that. LadyC takes panoramic pictures of cats traversing breathtaking landscapes. Wrathfinder provides zooming onto plastiline Unity assets and it's not even cool moments like spellslinging in fights. And you probably wouldn't be able to zoom onto cats. :getlost:

4 hours ago, majestic said:

I was talking more generally. Photo mode makes no sense to me no matter which game we're talking about, so it's all just nonsense from my point of view.  :p

personally, am thinking you called this one correct.

even in the absence o' boyband refugee protagonists and high-heeled bewb maidens wielding two-meter swords, the wotr photo mode is exact the kinda thing lc would indulge.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we got nothing against photo mode. is obvious a portion o' fans who like this sorta thing and if owlcat is able to give fans what they want, so much the better. that said, other than sketchy details 'bout more mythic path interactivity (albeit only in act v) for mythic paths excepting gold dragon is one o' the only announced enhancements from the enhanced edition am even kinda curious regarding, and am expecting there will be only minor mythic improvements given the current gold dragon were deemed good enough and not requiring additional content. is a handful o' quality o' life upgrades which don't look all that significant. hopeful the patch addresses a few lingering bugs o' note, and if the combat log works as designed it will be a welcome addition, but is looking more like an enhanced edition from our pov 'cause unlike lc and those many fans like her, a photo mode feature has little personal appeal.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the wotr photo mode is exact the kinda thing lc would indulge.

No, it isn't, because as those twitter examples showcase, they would be blurry, fugly images and most likely I would consider pics of the "natural" form of the game (top down) to be more artistically interesting or appealing.

I was taking tons of screenies long before photo modes ever existed, ofc. I remember cramming chrs in corners, facing walls and swiveling "camera", crouching, standing on my head, so to speak, standing in weird places trying to get better angles for shots, mods to remove GUI, back then.  The main thing about such modes - well, to me anyway - is when/if they let you pause mid-game and swing around/alter camera angles, close-ups, especially of combat/action. That's the main appeal. If a photo mode is disabled during combat, or angle-change is extremely limited, to me it's 95% useless vs. just taking normal screenshots. To be able to take pics that not everyone has taken 100000 times (like those common shots from a cutscene everyone and their mother has to post). Don't need photo mode to show off a color filter/other effect superimposed over a common scene. Could do that in photoshop.

Oh and btw, Stray had/has no photomode. I didn't think it needed one (some really wanted it but...) - many games really don't - it was just a game that lent itself to nice screenies, and I went back to shoving the chr. into corners for angles. :)

EDIT - that said, I do understand on/for consoles, or people not graphic-program savvy even in minor ability, there's more appeal. And that potential for taking a pic that feels more "unique" is probably the broader appeal of a photo-mode for many.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just now, InsaneCommander said:

I will pretend I didn't see the third picture.

yeah, am guessing the lack o' boyband protags and high-heeled bewb maidens with oversized weapons were too much o' a hurdle after all... the wotr aesthetic is the problem as 'posed to the feature itself. it is the "fugly" quality o' wotr which doth offend.

that said, image #3 is most certain what many want. if today were in fact the late seventies or early eighties, those weird additions to image #3 would be puffy stickers affixed to a denim 3-ring binder or a trapper keeper. 

but in the 80s it were mostly junior high kids indulging in this kinda need to share a favorite image... and then affix decals.  am not sure if photo mode  is progress, but nobody is getting hurt, so no biggie, eh?

in any event, based on past experience and the lack o' new features forthcoming for the enhanced edition, am highly recommending that if you and @Gorthhave any plans to respec characters, do it now before the enhanced edition update. large updates tend to interfere with respec and they most certain cripple mods if you are using such. whatever is your build situation today could be your builds for the near future.

then again, maybe this time respec is unaffected... but am always erring on the side o' caution. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I remember when Ansel added "stickers" to the program. I had no idea what "stickers" were. I found amusement for about 5 seconds putting a cartoonish crown on a  chr (oh - I think I put cactuar's in the hands of a whole party, once too) and then ignored it.

I don't understand the appeal of "stickers" or anything of that sort in photo modes (including what I've seen on mobile phone photo apps), but then I never put stickers/drawings/doodles on my school binders either.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

it is the "fugly" quality o' wotr which doth offend.

Btw, it is not the graphic/art quality of the game graphics itself that I don't like in those screenshots, it's what the photo mode effects and (possibly) the forced closer ups do to the image quality as a whole. I don't like blur or depth of field or "filters" most of the time, "soft edging", overbloom etc or zoomed in (computer) images that are obviously too zoomed in for texture quality/clarity view distances.  That is what I mean by "fugly."

Edited by LadyCrimson

9 hours ago, Gromnir said:

in any event, based on past experience and the lack o' new features forthcoming for the enhanced edition, am highly recommending that if you and @Gorthhave any plans to respec characters, do it now before the enhanced edition update. large updates tend to interfere with respec and they most certain cripple mods if you are using such. whatever is your build situation today could be your builds for the near future.

then again, maybe this time respec is unaffected... but am always erring on the side o' caution. 

HA! Good Fun!

Thanks for the warning. I am mostly happy with my party. Not a cheesy or min-maxed party, but it generally seems to get the job done (it's only Normal difficulty after all).

I did visit a place where I decided to throw the towel in the ring and need to rethink strategy. I can't remember the name from top of my head, but far NW on the map. A place full of cyborgs. They are manageable with things that ignores spell resistance and requires will saves (they have little to no will save). But their AC?... Could use some tip for best BAB boosting buffs (there the first buffs haven't worn off before the last buff has been cast). I don't know if the enemies have True Seeing, but they beeline for Nenio and Arueshnae (sp?) despite both have blur, displacement, improved invisibility etc. and whack them 3 rounds or less of combat). Confusion, various auras, laughter etc. buys me some time, but apart from my main character (with his rage and vivisectionist str. buff), bless, prayer, luck, etc. the other party members all need to roll 20 to hit. In my best attempt in a large circular room with 3 larger demons and 2 succubi, I killed the latter two and got one of the demons down to -115hp and the other to -40 (no kidding) with repeated coup-de-graces, yet they refuse to die (hit them with lightning bolts and arrows too, as that is listed as what removes their regen). Grrrr..... 😠

It wasn't made any easier by having a vanilla Woljif in the party, who was dead before even entering the room (and all out of diamonds for raise dead spells). I'll reload an auto save from before entering again and trying with a few different team members. As said, just curious if there is any "usual" or popular ways to boost those attack bonuses (Arueshnae also has a level of vivisectionist, which I use to boost her dex for ranged attacks)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ah, so @majesticwere wrong 'cause he didn't account for the fact lc is a true auteur o' photo mode. for a connoisseur o' in-game image captcha, wotr is so obvious inferior raw material and it is borderline insulting to suggest lc would be intrigued by a wotr-specific photo mode feature. 

works better as a joke as 'posed to serious. 

we noticed the leopard were also suffering busted # of attacks similar but not same as does the elk. am suspecting any critter which gains trip and has multiple different types o' attacks is suffering a bug. elk has hooves and gore, but only a single gore attack registers regardless o' level.  we created a leopard and it only benefitted from a single bite attack no matter the level, but it also gained two claws... so not exact same as elk.  

in spite o' the lack o' new features, am suspecting is gonna be a bunch o' new stuff busted in wotr tomorrow.

as an aside, am aware from the interweb the new dlc may be accessed in act iii, but neither @InsaneCommanderor @Gorthhas mentioned, so am s'posing is only available late act iii. am only wondering 'cause in spite o' Gromnir tendency to start a new game with each iteration o' fresh content, it don't appear as if much material has been added previous to act v, with the exception o' the dlc. am kinda thinking our next wotr happens with a pre existing character somewhere in act iii. 

as for blackwater tips

1) enemies is vulnerable to electricity. electricity not only does considerable damage but it interferes with augment's regeneration... or at least it should.

2) blackwater enemies, for the most part, have poor will saves. unfortunately they have good fortitude saves so phantasmal killer is less likely to work. however, if you got sosiel in the party, do not hesitate to use greater command frequent, preferable with mind fog active.

3) finnean is a hot knife v. butter for blackwater. finnean is gonna ignore most o' the augment's armour. give finnean to your heaviest hitter and he will destroy blackwater foes. 

4) adamantine weapons interfere with augment's regeneration and bypasses dr. greybor's hand axe and soul shear is adamantine. 

as for the not obvious buff spells for bab (prayer, heroism, divine power, etc.) other than "use finnean," most tips we got will be useable beyond blackwater. selective spell o' grease (heightened is preferred) and scirocco is gonna be huge benefits, 'cause prone foes not only cannot attack you while prone, but they take a significant ac penalty as well as presenting you with attack of opportunity... opportunities?  animal companions with trip is also winners. if you are having problems, the fortune hex exploit is a serious benefit. 

ember or camellia with fortune and cackle means you may have all your combatants benefit from two d20 rolls for each attack.

what level are you currently? edit: am asking 'bout level 'cause it sucks to get advice which is one or two levels away from being useful.

HA! Good Fun!

ps

--possible obvious, but maybe not, size bonuses to strength or dex stack with enhancements, so reduce person will improve archer or finesse wielder chances to hit, but unfortunately it will reduce damage of weapons used. make characters and animal companions larger will add a size bonus to strength... and big weapons do more damage too.

--also, the madness domain is an option, particular when facing foes who deal pure physical damage from weapons or natural attacks. 

--try and cast bless weapon on as many weapon havers as possible. bless weapon is a low level spell but it guarantees a successful crit check. 

-- don't forget animal companions may coup de grâce

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

as for blackwater tips

1) enemies is vulnerable to electricity. electricity not only does considerable damage but it interferes with augment's regeneration... or at least it should.

2) blackwater enemies, for the most part, have poor will saves. unfortunately they have good fortitude saves so phantasmal killer is less likely to work. however, if you got sosiel in the party, do not hesitate to use greater command frequent, preferable with mind fog active.

3) finnean is a hot knife v. butter for blackwater. finnean is gonna ignore most o' the augment's armour. give finnean to your heaviest hitter and he will destroy blackwater foes. 

4) adamantine weapons interfere with augment's regeneration and bypasses dr. greybor's hand axe and soul shear is adamantine. 

as for the not obvious buff spells for bab (prayer, heroism, divine power, etc.) other than "use finnean," most tips we got will be useable beyond blackwater. selective spell o' grease (heightened is preferred) and scirocco is gonna be huge benefits, 'cause prone foes not only cannot attack you while prone, but they take a significant ac penalty as well as presenting you with attack of opportunity... opportunities?  animal companions with trip is also winners. if you are having problems, the fortune hex exploit is a serious benefit. 

ember or camellia with fortune and cackle means you may have all your combatants benefit from two d20 rolls for each attack.

what level are you currently?

HA! Good Fun!

Aaah, didn't know about the AC penalty (if I can knock them down that is) 👍

Yes, my main barbarian with Finnean was unfortunately the only one dealing any consistent damage. Neither Ember nor Camellia was in the party that entered Blackwater (as mentioned, going to pick an autosave from before entereing, swap out some party members and try again). Iirc, I used a rod of empowering or similar with Nenio's chainlightning. The party is currently level 13. Is their ability to stay alive despite being in the negative of 150+ HP a "feature" or is that "works as designed". Ember is nice as she can spam Sirocco. Sosiel is part of the team. As long as he keeps his hands of my body, he's always welcome in my party ;)

(spells like confusion etc. seemed nice enough to at least buy me time, as their will saves are close to non existing, but I missed Ember's hexes). I wonder if hold monster would have worked on them (even if just the two succubi)

Yikes, that linked to post is making my reply-to window constantly bounce up and down, it drives me crazy! 😖

Edit: I did try to have Seelah's horse do a coup de grace too, but it just added to the negative hp of one of the demons 🙄

Edit2: Going to substitute Ember for Nenio and Camellia for Woljif (because anything alive is better than dragging an already cold, stiff corpse to a fight)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

level 13? try dropping a mind fog on the augments and then have sosiel cast greater command: halt. should effective render most/all foes in the room ineffective for thirteen rounds. kill the baddies one at a time with finnean + an adamantine weapon. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps if you killed blightmaw, it dropped a ring which boosts enchantment spell dc by +2. the jeweler in drezen sells the amulet of clarity which boosts the dc o' mind affecting spells by +2. dazzling display, even w/o a thug to cause fear, will result in shaken debuff which further lowers will saves by -2. 

pps @Gorth am recalling you already completed the ivory sanctum, so you shoulda' picked up one o' the best items in wotr: the quarter staff of the war mage. grants +4 for caster level to overcome sr and adds +2 to the dc o' spells cast.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Edit2: Going to substitute Ember for Nenio

Why would you do that? It is Ember and Nenio in the party, not either Ember or Nenio. :p

Well, I always replace Nenio with a BFT mercenary, but that's just the cheeseball in me. Nenio is more than enough for a run on normal.

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

The party is currently level 13. Is their ability to stay alive despite being in the negative of 150+ HP a "feature" or is that "works as designed".

It works as designed as long as enemies have regeneration, they are unkillable unless you stop it, just like trolls in (A)D&D games, like BG2 or IWD. You have an inspect feature in the game, by the way, that shows you all conditions and buffs that affect enemies, it is usually accessed by pressing 'y' and hovering over the enemy in question, but you can also click the inspect icon (magnifying glass icon in the lower row). It will also tell you which sort of damage you need to apply to stop regeneration.

When it comes to electrical damage, random encounters should have given you a bunch of Shock Composite bows around the area, so turning regeneration off should work well enough with Arueshalae. Don't forget to apply Ranger's Bond, that's another AB boost for your party, and consider retraining her. If you went for a level of Vivisectionist for the mutagen, give her levels of Mutation Warrior instead, she can cast Sense Vitals anyway. Mutation Warrior will give her access to the mutagen and more feats.

Right idea, wrong class. :)

Edit: Unintuitive design/exploit that needs to be mentioned: if you have feats you want to take but do not fulfill stat point prerequisites, you cannot circumvent the requirements with limited time buffs before the level up, however, permanent buffs work. Feel free to drop a +DEX belt on your animal companions to give them the Dodge feat, for instance. The feat will still be there after removing it.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, Gromnir said:

ah, so @majesticwere wrong 'cause he didn't account for the fact lc is a true auteur o' photo mode. for a connoisseur o' in-game image captcha, wotr is so obvious inferior raw material and it is borderline insulting to suggest lc would be intrigued by a wotr-specific photo mode feature. 

Oh, for heaven's sake. I let myself forget, for a moment, that your passive aggressive tendencies and my peacemaker tendencies (or whatever, just our online personalities however one wants to label them, or my apparent deep inability to interpret your tone/s) are like oil and water and I should just never reply/refer to any of your posts. 😛

For the record your comment re: fugly simply made me want to try and clarify that I was not trying to insult the game (which again, I've never played, and only seen a few pics of) or other people's visual preferences. Sorry for interrupting the thread with my photo mode chatter. Carry on. :)

• Haha 1

Trying that place once more tonight. Bringing a few different party members (and the Warmage staff for a spell caster with chain lightning). Alternatively, I think I have like 3 wands of lightning bolt. Arueshalae has a shocking bow (but she can't hit the side of a barn). But if I can knock the augmented menaces prone for a moment, she (together with spellcasters with empowered spells, I think I also have a rod of empowerment in my stash somewhere) as well as better use of shocking grasp (touch spell). If nobody has heard from my party by tomorrow, send out a rescue party 😝. I'll have a look at Arueshalaes class. I may or may not change it, but I'll at least check what mutagen warrior has to offer.

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

your passive aggressive tendencies

HA!

is just one reason why we never take you serious. take a look in the mirror with the passive aggressive silliness... is nothing passive 'bout us, but you take to cartoon levels o' silly at times when you feel offended. and keep in mind you are the one who got on her high horse and started throwing around the personal attacks. 

so, feel free to go back to photo modding every other game evar while simultaneous pretending surprise and indignation when @majesticsuggests you like photo mode features.

*insert eye roll*

wanna do personal in the future? take to private. sheesh.

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

But if I can knock the augmented menaces prone for a moment, she (together with spellcasters with empowered spells, I think I also have a rod of empowerment in my stash somewhere) as well as better use of shocking grasp (touch spell)

Genie%2520quid%2520pro%2520quo.gif

am feeling sheeepish mentioning, but the prone condition, while providing a penalty to the ac o' the victim insofar as melee attacks, gains a bonus to ranged. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps (edit) @Gorth we did reload a level 13 party (aeon dual wielding inquisitor) and the mind fog + greater command: halt works exceeding well in blackwater. the one hurdle is sr of foes. you should have spell penetration and greater spell penetration on your main spell casters, but is possible you went more melee for sosiel. if so, be sure to use his luck domain powha if you are not cheesing the fortune hex exploit as the extra rolls to overcome sr will be a big help.  on the positive side, selective and heightened grease is gonna ignore sr regardless, but then obvious you are not able to take advantage o' the sucky will save aspects o' foes. maybe if you take shadow conjuration as one o' your level 7 spells for nenio... if you went full illusionist for her, you should beat reflex saves o' the tougher blackwater enemies. the dc for her shadow conjuration: grease is gonna be based on nenio's illusion school dcs and is possible to have better than 30 dc for level seven illusion spells at level 13. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1

Huh, it looks like Animal Domain was fixed at some point and the companions really are lower in level over the course of the entire game. Is this new or did I miss a patch at some point?

It's been a while since I tried a build like that, but I just tried making Lann a Zen Archer (3) / Divine Hound (1) / Judge (16) with the idea of using Everlasting Judgements with the animal companion in addition to being able to share them with the party while leveling the pet and everything else like a normal Divine Hunter Lann build (which doesn't get any teamwork feats anyway, just like a Judge doesn't), but it ends up being two levels short with Boon Companion. It's also not a problem with retraining because I tried a mercenary build and you can add exactly one level of another class that has no animal companion with Animal Domain and Boon Companion.

It would still be good enough just to hop on to ride around, but there's no point in picking one level of Divine Hound. Might as well go with the usual Demonslayer.

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

So apparently (datamined)

Azata can destroy a prison, Swarm can eat the cameo, Legend gets to have a party, and Devil corrupts Queen Galfrey.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

@Gromnir  I'm not offended at all in this case (more like ... self-depractingly amused at my own communication failings), and am quite confused/not sure where I was being indignant or surprised or dismissive re: anyone's suggestion that I'd like photomode in this or any game, which I gather you think I was being. Or maybe not, I'm not sure. I seem to misinterpret the intention of your posts, and you misinterpret mine, and then we're at odds where I keep trying to over-explain myself (my personal visual preferences post) in an effort to get away from what I see as a misunderstanding. So yes, as I think I tried to already mention, if often likely is my fault for continuing to communicate/talk when it's obvious it's not working - which is basically what I'm doing right now I suppose, haha! I do not expect every soul to like me  or get along with me swimmingly - I'm sure I'm super annoying to many souls, here and the world in general - but I do often wish to at least marginally reach an understanding with people if I think I've caused a misunderstanding, and it always frustrates me when that doesn't happen. I'm just one of those types.

I have always respected your intelligence, information, and rational mind, but nothing I say seems to come out right in most of our interactions. Some people just don't communicate together well, especially in an online, no face to face communication format.  And that's ok!  :)

As to taking it to personal - I don't think it's devolved to that point, since (at least in my small brain) I wasn't trying to attack you. But you are correct that it should stop (and it's way off-topic). I just can't help it occasionally I guess (the going on and on uselessly in effort to reach some kind of understanding, I mean).

...exits. Again. For real this time! I mean it! :)

Edited by LadyCrimson

13 hours ago, Gromnir said:

as an aside, am aware from the interweb the new dlc may be accessed in act iii, but neither @InsaneCommanderor @Gorthhas mentioned, so am s'posing is only available late act iii. am only wondering 'cause in spite o' Gromnir tendency to start a new game with each iteration o' fresh content, it don't appear as if much material has been added previous to act v, with the exception o' the dlc. am kinda thinking our next wotr happens with a pre existing character somewhere in act iii.

I've been avoiding the DLC areas because I don't know if I'll get stuck for a while. But I read somewhere that you can make a lot of money in the Islands DLC. So I'll head there soon. Currently I want to visit "The Bloody Trail", "Burial Ground", "Blackwater Clan" and "Legacy of the Ancients". There are also some areas to visit near this last one. Ivory Sanctum I'm leaving for later since I ended up reading somewhere that it triggers the end of the act or something. I imagine I could still play and explore, but I'll avoid it just in case.

I’m gonna bring the Shock bow and memorize the right spells before going to Balckwater. This is another of those situations when you can’t prepare in advance when playing for the first time, like @xzar_montysaid.

Btw, I have a folder in my computer full of screenshots of this thread with all the tips you guys give. Thanks.

sign.jpg

35 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

so now you wanna be a peacemaker? okie dokie... 'cause your suggestion that o' all people Gromnir is passive aggressive were meant in a positive and constructive manner?

*chuckle*

but yeah, if you wanna take your funny to pm, knock yourself out 'cause has clear gone so far off-topic that a mod would typical put a stop to such... (and no doubt will momentarily) save that as usual when Gromnir gets into one o' these kerfuffle with a mod there is a different standard applied. go figure. heck, the only reason for you not sending us your most recent plea via pm following or suggestion is for some reason *snort* you wanted to do your response on the boards.

fine.  now that we are all square with the public posturing we can make an end o' it, yes? everybody got their chance have one last stab at the dead horse?

passive aggressive indeed.

@majestic

the animal companion thing has been (kinda) that way for a considerable period o' time, though there were a one level hiccup... and is still a little weird. our aeon, which we started many months previous, at level 20 had a level 18 dog... which were weird 'cause we were a sanctified slayer 16 (animal domain,) 3 demonslayer, 1 monk. as o' today the dog is level 17. no biggie.

when trip were added to stuff such as boar, we did respec to 16 sanctified slayer, 2 gendarme, 1 monk, 1 demonslayer. the boar companion is level 20 as o' today.

whatever. 

still haven't experimented to see if elk and leopard attack numbers were fixed.

am suspecting this post is pruned, so we will repost the animal companion observations if need be.

HA! Good Fun!

ps edit: in case it were not obvious, with both o' the inquisitor animal companion builds we mentioned in this post we took the boon companion feat

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1