Ukraine Conflict - Drei Kameraden

BruceVC

The return of Makhnovists is not something I had on my 2022 bingo list.

47 minutes ago, majestic said:

Every time I see ridiculous capitalization like this it reminds me of Trump tweets and our own SonicMage117s running around here. What the Hell? :p

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Elerond said:

Reason is heart of capitalism, every time you add layer in production chain you add layer that makes more money than lower layer. 

That must be why the Saudi and Chinese national debts are outstripping the US and EU countries national debts by so much 😝

of course, debt only matters if you intend to pay your creditors some day

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

That must be why the Saudi and Chinese national debts are outstripping the US and EU countries national debts by so much 😝

Debt means nothing when you a wealthy Western country,  they just print more money and make impoverished, third world countries ultimately pay this debt by forcing these countries  to take loans from the IMF and World Bank with exorbitant interest rates

Gorthfuscious you must stop having such an idealistic and naïve view of the Capitalist system. It doesnt care about the poor and downtrodden and we must fight against it in everyway :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

If they'd only do that to a few US senators and congressmen...

Not a big supporter of Putin's regime, but this is just laughable at this point.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

1 hour ago, Katphood said:

If they'd only do that to a few US senators and congressmen...

Not a big supporter of Putin's regime, but this is just laughable at this point.

I dont know, if my culture allowed me to protest in this way I would definitely squat and occupy an Oligarchs mansion...it sounds great fun 🥳

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have nothing against Ukraine, folks. Don't know if it helps but my older brother is actually married to an Ukrainian women so I'm weeping. I just can't stand how they are getting played by western powers. 

They could have stayed out of this whole NATO membership thing, just like Austria or Finland and it would have been fine.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I don't think it would have been fine. Might have just taken longer for russia to get into it, or they would have invaded anyways if their political shenanigan obviously failed.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

14 minutes ago, Katphood said:

I have nothing against Ukraine, folks. Don't know if it helps but my older brother is actually married to an Ukrainian women so I'm weeping. I just can't stand how they are getting played by western powers. 

They could have stayed out of this whole NATO membership thing, just like Austria or Finland and it would have been fine.

Personally I dont consider you a Russian apologist like Zora and 2133 and I know you mean well

But can I ask you something? Ukraine is a sovereign country and in 2019 they had a election  and Zelensky won the second round by 72% which is considered an overwhelming victory in any Democracy. Zelensky ran on a pro-EU\pro-NATO ticket and the majority of Ukrainians still voted for him because this is the future they want 

Do you not believe  that Ukraine aligning with the West is what the majority of Ukrainians want? How is the West playing Ukraine when the citizens of Ukraine want to join the EU?

And now in Finland the majority of citizens want to join NATO, what would you say if Finland joins NATO, should the people of Finland not be allowed to join  because of Putins warmongering and paranoia 

• Like 1

John Milton 

26 minutes ago, Katphood said:

It would not have been fine, as I think it's quite apparent now that Russia cannot - nor does it want to, or ever wanted in the first place - play nice with its neighbours. And judging by recent "NATO or no NATO" polls, Finland have not yet forgotten Talvisota as well. 

On slightly more bittersweet news, here's the ballsiest woman of Russia. Fingers crossed KGB filth do not disappear her.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pmp10 said:

US seems convinced they already said yes.
Shouldn't starting serious military support take a few weeks tho?

If this is true, Russia and China would never admit it. It would make Putin's "most fearsome" army to laughing stock for everyone, because the losses must be tremendous if they really need help from China.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

58 minutes ago, Katphood said:

It would not help them. It would make them lose even faster. Putin and Lavrov have said many times in interviews, that for them Ukrainian nation does not exist. Without training and weapons from EU, they would destroy Ukraine sooner or later. NATO membership is just a scapegoat to recreate "soviet empire". It's the same with Belarus, just Lukashenko is to big of a **** and now a Russian bitch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Russia got their ass kicked pretty big again in Mariupol yesterday.

"Operational information from the General Staff:
In the Mariupol direction, the enemy is trying to capture Mariupol. Ukrainian soldiers successfully repulsed the attacks of the invaders. The total losses of the enemy were about 150 people, 2 tanks, 7 infantry fighting vehicles and one armored personnel carrier. After the losses, the occupiers stopped the offensive and retreated."

https://t.me/lumsrc/1455

There have been released also a lot of videos about this failed offensive.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bugarup said:

It would not have been fine, as I think it's quite apparent now that Russia cannot - nor does it want to, or ever wanted in the first place - play nice with its neighbours. And judging by recent "NATO or no NATO" polls, Finland have not yet forgotten Talvisota as well. 

On slightly more bittersweet news, here's the ballsiest woman of Russia. Fingers crossed KGB filth do not disappear her.

I have been following this, she is very brave. She has 2 kids and she has been arrested and faces 3-15 years imprisonment 

Another great example of the free and proud society that exists in Russia under Putin 

• Like 1

John Milton 

11 hours ago, Gorth said:

How much money average Chinese person has compared to average US person?

Natural resources have habit to produce money to selected few who own them, where rest of the country benefits only little about them.

Meaning if you take all money that there is to be have from natural resource, that amount needs to be less than the amount of that people get from products that are made from those natural resources because otherwise those products would make loss and their production would end. And then there is capitalistic death wheel, where country that sell natural resources buys the products that were made of those resources, which leads situation where they need to sell amount of natural resources needed for multiple products in  order to buy one product. 

13 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

Funny enough the drop in oil is also now a result of destroyed demand side and increasing recession fears. 

The war in Ukraine seems to have expedited the incoming crisis. I had it mapped for this year, but more for the Q3, right on midterms in US. Seems by then we might have a depression, if FED will hike rates too aggresively.

China markets suffered immensly already, so they might actually look into de-dolarization more aggresively. It feels that within 2-5 years we will be looking into a new economic reality, with less dominant USD, more commodity backed currencies and more turbulent geopolitics. Should China's property market and economy suffer, they will go and annex in full Taiwan. The CCP will need distraction and a propaganda success. 

Russians timing was also well placed, just as the economies did not yet recover from COVID distruptions, making sure that any sanctions will be painful to Western economies as well. 

The China involvement in all of this will be indeed crucial for the future of politics. At least for now, China is not willing to put their economy on risk with supporting with sanctions affected russian business

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

I read at Swedish Radios webpage that her lawyers can't get in touch with her.

"Enligt människorsättsorgansitionen OVD info är det under tisdagsmorgonen oklart var Ovsiannikova befinner sig, men hon är inte vid tv-stationen eller vid polishuset. Hennes advokater inte lyckats lokalisera henne, enligt OVD info."

"According to the human rights organization OVD info it's unclear during this tuesday morning where Ovsiannikova is located, but it's not at the TV-station or the policestation. Her lawyers have been unable to locate her, according to OVD info"

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

The China involvement in all of this will be indeed crucial for the future of politics. At least for now, China is not willing to put their economy on risk with supporting with sanctions affected russian business

Yes, but in essence it told US to pound sand and not to try threaten sanctions

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-warns-retaliation-amid-us-threats-russia-sanctions-fallout-says-not-party-war

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

How much money average Chinese person has compared to average US person?

Natural resources have habit to produce money to selected few who own them, where rest of the country benefits only little about them.

Meaning if you take all money that there is to be have from natural resource, that amount needs to be less than the amount of that people get from products that are made from those natural resources because otherwise those products would make loss and their production would end. And then there is capitalistic death wheel, where country that sell natural resources buys the products that were made of those resources, which leads situation where they need to sell amount of natural resources needed for multiple products in  order to buy one product. 

Money is relative and has value only of all parties involved in it believe they store value. It's basics of a definition of money. 

You can have all the paper dollar in the world and it will mean nothing if no one will want to send to you any resources or do any labor for you, if they will decide the paper you hold does not provide a store of value. 

Given huge trade deficits and almost every product line being dependent on some sort of external resources or labor, US and even more so EU have no real leverage, should more countries with actual resources and product lines decided to ignore sanctions and even more so, decided they will start ignoring dollar for commodity trades. 

You can ask Brits about their loss of the global reserve status for Pound. 

46 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Money is relative and has value only of all parties involved in it believe they store value. It's basics of a definition of money. 

You can have all the paper dollar in the world and it will mean nothing if no one will want to send to you any resources or do any labor for you, if they will decide the paper you hold does not provide a store of value. 

Given huge trade deficits and almost every product line being dependent on some sort of external resources or labor, US and even more so EU have no real leverage, should more countries with actual resources and product lines decided to ignore sanctions and even more so, decided they will start ignoring dollar for commodity trades. 

You can ask Brits about their loss of the global reserve status for Pound. 

But no one is going to ignore the $ in any meaningful way as had been explained and demonstrated historically  since the end of WW2 so no need to be worried :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

49 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But no one is going to ignore the $ in any meaningful way as had been explained and demonstrated historically  since the end of WW2 so no need to be worried :thumbsup:

"Past performance is not indicative of future gains" 

Wanna bet on it? 

4 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

"Past performance is not indicative of future gains" 

Wanna bet on it? 

Yes I will happily take a bet with you  over the significance of the $ but you wont honor it when you lose  ....remember you still havent eaten your hat :p

• Haha 1

John Milton 

12 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Yes I will happily take a bet with you  over the significance of the $ but you wont honor it when you lose  ....remember you still havent eaten your hat :p

There is a trade deficit of Monopoly Guy Top Hats, and i need to figure out how to create the vid and not have any meta information tying to my real identity 😉

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Elerond said:

But is UK that is suffering because of oil price not USA.

Not so. Gasoline prices here in the US have gone up by 22% in the past two weeks. But I for one do not buy the claim this is all because of the war and the sanctions, which I see as playing only a small role in the price increases. The cost of gas was already going up sharply before the invasion happened, so the real drivers are certain other factors which our government doesn't want to admit to for domestic politics reasons.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Not so. Gasoline prices here in the US have gone up by 22% in the past two weeks. But I for one do not buy the claim this is all because of the war and the sanctions, which I see as playing only a small role in the price increases. The cost of gas was already going up sharply before the invasion happened, so the real drivers are certain other factors which our government doesn't want to admit to for domestic politics reasons.

Also the oil price is dropping nicely so I am expecting to see pretrol\gas price drop as quickly as the price increased 

Its still early but we not seeing that in SA yet 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

4 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Russia got their ass kicked pretty big again in Mariupol yesterday.

"Operational information from the General Staff:
In the Mariupol direction, the enemy is trying to capture Mariupol. Ukrainian soldiers successfully repulsed the attacks of the invaders. The total losses of the enemy were about 150 people, 2 tanks, 7 infantry fighting vehicles and one armored personnel carrier. After the losses, the occupiers stopped the offensive and retreated."

https://t.me/lumsrc/1455

There have been released also a lot of videos about this failed offensive.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I've also seen a lot of reports of a failed offensive with huge losses near Kharkiv. And reports that morgues in Belarus are overflowing with Russian bodies, with bodies now being stacked outside and beginning to rot. Apparently the Russians are bringing in portable crematoriums to try and dispose of the bodies.