Ukraine Conflict - Der Weg zurück

Chilloutman

6 minutes ago, Malcador said:

That is stupid, not serving   this type of French inspired  dish because it sort of sounds like Putin 

But I guess its hard to quantify peoples anger with the outright hostility demonstrated from Putin ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I mean they are french and fries drown in fat and cheese is offensive enough on its own

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

https://www.gog.com/en/news/suspending_sales_in_russia_and_belarus?at_gd=3F95D19773427329A81C6EB5DC9A591A7B81F14A&utm_campaign=adtraction&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=adtraction

This may be old news but  I only read this today, GOG has banned sales in Russia and Belarus 

Well done GOG for making this difficult but correct decisions :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Mmmm, gravy, cheese curds and freedom fries....I think I see why its France wanting in on this action. 😄😄😄

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So there's lots of reports now of russians killing and raping civilians. Coincidentally also just saw a video of an old couple getting shredded by an autocannon. That's some vile ****, man.

I think the "innocent russian soldier"-trope has worn off by now.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

4 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Mmmm, gravy, cheese curds and freedom fries....I think I see why its France wanting in on this action. 😄😄😄

No freedom toast? Count me out. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

In other news, Venezuela started to talk about providing west with oil, and US is willing to start talk with them to ease the sanctions...

After the Iran, it is another antiwest country, which sees their chance to get some good deals and reconsider relations with the west in the wake of the current world situation...

source: Deutsche Welle

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

6 minutes ago, Lexx said:

So there's lots of reports now of russians killing and raping civilians. Coincidentally also just saw a video of an old couple getting shredded by an autocannon. That's some vile ****, man.

Yes, its well known that the general Russian military approach has  no concern for civilian deaths and in fact targeting civilians is often part of their strategy like we saw in Grozny, Syria and other conflicts

But its always unsettling  and sad to witness it . I agree :(

• Like 1

John Milton 

11 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Yes I've seen these stories too, including first-hand reports documented by human rights groups operating inside Ukraine. Putin's propaganda campaign to villify the Ukrainian people coupled with their vaunted military prowess being mocked the world over has clearly pushed many Russian soldiers over the top. In so many reports the civilian deaths are not accidental but deliberate. They're literally pointing their weapons at innocent civilians and opening fire.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Yeah, not sure why the gunner did that, the vehicle halted after he blew a tree up, not as if they were rushing the convoy.  Why using the cannon as a warning shot is also puzzling (although I guess that does get attention..). Poor training or jumpiness, happens a lot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

50 minutes ago, Lexx said:

...And you honest to goodness, deep down inside, believe these "reports"?

47 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Why not ? Civilians and soldiers don't mix.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

55 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

And  you honestly, and I mean really honestly, dont believe that deep down inside the Russians arent killing civilians ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John Milton 

2 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Happens when you have a desperate president openly calling for every citizen to take up arms and resist. No wonder Russians are going full US Police.

Come on.   The Russians only shot them once.

• Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

I have seen videos of civilians getting shredded to bits ....

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• Like 2

nice

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wonder how much use they would be though, haven't really seen much of what Russia's SAM coverage is or anything other than Buks getting droned here and there.

Yet another complete turnaround by the polish government then.
That they would try to hide behind US with this, after decades of 'evil Russia' rhetoric might just be a new low for the ruling party.

And I'm pretty sure it is too late for them to do much good by now.

Edited by pmp10

8 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Wonder how much use they would be though, haven't really seen much of what Russia's SAM coverage is or anything other than Buks getting droned here and there.

According to US intel Russian SAM coverage has already been established.
Besides Russian air force is not as active as was expected so need for interceptors is questionable.

Now if they get to transfer Su-25s from Bulgaria that could actually count for something. 

Edited by pmp10

The Mig-29 has ground attack capability. It's possible it may give the Ukraine better cross-border strike capabilities, so they can attack Russian logistics and other targets. They would also be in range of Moscow from Kyiv.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."