The all things Political Topic - When the sun Rises, the shadows must retreat Fleeing in fear from the Fires of dawn

Gorth

Just now, Guard Dog said:

Nah, there are always proxies. Many politicians retire far wealthier than the sum of all of their paychecks.

tougher for Presidents. the disclosure requirements is ordinarily a bit strict, and am suspecting now that trump's taxes will finally be going to Congress for review, the possibility new legislation will be passed making the limits even more strict is likely.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just now, Gromnir said:

tougher for Presidents. the disclosure requirements is ordinarily a bit strict, and am suspecting now that trump's taxes will finally be going to Congress for review, the possibility new legislation will be passed making the limits even more strict is likely.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah in all seriousness I am very curious to see when that ticking time bomb finally explodes. It will make for an interesting TV I think.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah in all seriousness I am very curious to see when that ticking time bomb finally explodes. It will make for an interesting TV I think.

if is ugly enough, perhaps the demand for laws to prevent future shenanigans will be loud and long.

am not sure what to expect. the urge to bury this is gonna be strong on both sides o' the aisle as the blowback will have the potential to affect politicians other than President.  nevertheless, is already a thing. is too late to disappear this the way the previous admin tried to disappear ig reports. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

42 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

if is ugly enough, perhaps the demand for laws to prevent future shenanigans will be loud and long.

am not sure what to expect. the urge to bury this is gonna be strong on both sides o' the aisle as the blowback will have the potential to affect politicians other than President.  nevertheless, is already a thing. is too late to disappear this the way the previous admin tried to disappear ig reports. 

HA! Good Fun!

Im very uncomfortable with the  general public knowing anyones tax records. Obviously Tax institutions must know and you must pay your taxes legally and lawyers fighting certain cases must know but it must be confidential 

Why does the general public want to know other peoples revenue streams especially in this world of knee jerk reactions and hyperbole around various societal problems and how we tackle them. Some things dont need  the public to comment ....let this be done by qualified people over some legal reason in a closed court :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

dear lord. you are actual trying to gaslight folks into believing that you inserted a single link, w/o any kinda acknowledgement the link were antagonistic to your pov, into your shotgun list o' critiques o' sb 132 and the transfer o' trans prisoners to women facilities, 'cause you are open-minded and wanted to provide a balanced approach?

lordy.

the receipts.

am recalling @Gorth once observed: "Sharp_One was never man enough to own up to his mistakes. Too much narcissism in that one, would be surprised if he stayed away." you may not recall the poster in question, but sharp_one were hopeless and intransigent to the point of insensibility. he were comical stoopid at times and an utter joke in the minds o' most o' the community. don't follow sharp_one's example.

be better.

HA! Good Fun!

Unfortunately there is no such user and the search only returns mostly you referring to this guy so I must assume he's a figment of your paranoia.

Since you obviously are more interested in dwelling in your delusions thar further discussing the topic or answer anything about your horrible views on women I again accept your defeat. 

166215__front.jpg

15 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Unfortunately there is no such user and the search only returns mostly you referring to this guy so I must assume he's a figment of your paranoia.

https://forums.obsidian.net/search/?&q=sharp_one&page=1&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

the guy were a cartoonish schnook so am doubting any here were driven to paranoia by the churlish and juvenile posting which eventual got his account suspended, but if he were a "figment," he qualifies as a mass hysteria event as there are, as you may plain see, 204 results for the aforementioned toolbag, with only four such references authored by Gromnir.

speaking o' paranoia, you see less than 2% as qualifying as "mostly"? 

is fascinating what victory looks like for you. first fascinating contribution you have made in this... dialogue.

now, 

am suspecting will most interest @BruceVC

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Since you obviously are more interested in dwelling in your delusions thar further discussing the topic or answer anything about your horrible views on women I again accept your defeat. 

That user asked to have his account removed a couple of weeks before you joined the forums. 

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just now, Pidesco said:

That user asked to have his account removed a couple of weeks before you joined the forums. 

Ok

8 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

speaking o' paranoia

You seem to be really obsessed by the guy, I hope you will be able to get help with that issue 👍

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

It's ok to be wrong, or make mistakes on the internet. Stubborness isn't a virtue. According to bible law, it's even punisheable by lapidation!

(Also, I still think it's pretty funny that "skarpen" is slang for "sharp one" in my country).

• Like 2

The Washington Post  A lawyer hoped history books would help her Capitol riot clients grow. She was called a traitor — and worse.

I don’t see why everybody is down on her for this. If I was stuck in jail and my lawyer was sending me books I’d read them. As a legal defense or an attempt to mitigate a sentence I have no clue how effective this would be. But it’s bizarre that her approach is being criticized by both sides.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

The Washington Post  A lawyer hoped history books would help her Capitol riot clients grow. She was called a traitor — and worse.

I don’t see why everybody is down on her for this. If I was stuck in jail and my lawyer was sending me books I’d read them. As a legal defense or an attempt to mitigate a sentence I have no clue how effective this would be. But it’s bizarre that her approach is being criticized by both sides.

Defense attorney Heather Shaner said her first client from Jan. 6 wanted to invoke “the Constitution from 1776.″ When she tried to explain that the document was ratified years later, the man told her he had done his research and she was incorrect.

Lmao

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think it's weird that people accuse her of 'being a traitor' for defending her clients to the best of her ability as is required by her job. It seems like a lot of people who aren't her clients could use reading a book about the US government, history and justice system...

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

4 hours ago, Skarpen said:

You seem to be really obsessed by the guy, I hope you will be able to get help with that issue 👍

2%?

is another example o' you not doing as you claim. you said you did a search for sharp_one, but is clear you did not. can't reasonable get "mostly" from less than 2%. for some reason unclear, you assumed a level of interaction 'tween Gromnir and the bumbling fool who were sharp_one. the sad and funny o' it is if you had actual done as you claimed, you woulda' avoided the embarrassment o' the near identical mistake you made earlier by linking Grace's usatoday contribution. and predictable, you now feel compelled to defend yet another exaggeration/inaccuracy/mistake, just as @Gorth suggested the former poster known as sharp_one were incapable o' avoiding. 

the clownish behaviour described by Gromnir, and more than a few people in the 204 links, should not be something to which you aspire. recall, the yutz were suspended. nevertheless, you is almost inexplicable repeating the errors o' a poster long gone following his public embarrassment and  ignominious suspension.

be better.

convenient segue:

Trump defends his comments about election after release of DOJ notes

trump reaction to getting caught is, as always, more extreme and more outlandish gaslighting. 

that said, is noteworthy trump ain't trying to claim rosen and donoghue or the media is lying. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps @Amentep & @Guard Dog everybody hates the lawyers, until they need one... and then there is a good chance you end up hating your own lawyer even if they is diligent advocating for you 'cause particular in criminal defense, there is a good chance your lawyer loses. and if the lawyer does find a way to get his obviously guilty client freed from incarceration, then is the lawyer's fault and not the law. 

that said, many lawyers get paid pretty well, so is understandable few is gonna sympathize with them.

"the first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers," 

is from a shakespeare play and everybody laughs, but is a line from the villainous **** the butcher.

Edited by Gromnir

5 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Hmm...

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

@GromnirI like my current lawyer well enough. Her billing is never excessive and she’s handled every job I’ve ever asked her to do. The son of a bitch before that I can’t say that about. He landed me in hot water with the IRS with his incompetence. Of course that’s partially my fault for taking tax advice from a real estate lawyer. 

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

(Also, I still think it's pretty funny that "skarpen" is slang for "sharp one" in my country).

Norway have a slang for some obscure forum nick? Weird. 

Mine comes from:

https://mapcarta.com/17701808 

Which is in Sweden and Sweden is not Norway. I think I have to clarify to not be accused of not reading links I post 🙄

Google also found some landmarks bearing the name in Norway, but search for skarpen slang meaning didn't return anything. 

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

2%?

is another example o' you not doing as you claim. you said you did a search for sharp_one, but is clear you did not. can't reasonable get "mostly" from less than 2%. for some reason unclear, you assumed a level of interaction 'tween Gromnir and the bumbling fool who were sharp_one. the sad and funny o' it is if you had actual done as you claimed, you woulda' avoided the embarrassment o' the near identical mistake you made earlier by linking Grace's usatoday contribution. and predictable, you now feel compelled to defend yet another exaggeration/inaccuracy/mistake, just as @Gorth suggested the former poster known as sharp_one were incapable o' avoiding.

Sorry for triggering you. You are the only poster who regularly reference the guy since I got here and you don't always use his full nick so you might search for variations of the spelling. Regardless, it's clear even from your calculating the number of results that the obsession is strong. Seek help and I will try not to trigger you in the future. 

166215__front.jpg

5 hours ago, Pidesco said:

If I'm remembering it right, Sharp_One had another guy post a goodbye thread because he got mod locked and his posts stopped being approved after a while. Not sure why he was mod locked, I remember seeing him post a meme from a neo-nazi polish site (lmao) before his posts started showing up hours after they were made so that could have something to do with it. 

Regardless of whether Sharp_One has left or is still here in a fake mustache, I think it's funny that the right-wing media sphere suddenly cares about prison conditions when trans people are involved. I guess trans panic is taking up all the space in their heads these days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I love it when someone leaves and they post a tell off thread. It’s been done a few times and it was always amusing.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I love it when someone leaves and they post a tell off thread. It’s been done a few times and it was always amusing.

Well if I ever leave, just assume I said "See You Space Cowboy..."

8 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Regardless of whether Sharp_One has left or is still here in a fake mustache,

A fake moustache would be an improvement. The current incarantion is just Clark Kenting. Without glasses.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

6 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Norway have a slang for some obscure forum nick? Weird. 

Mine comes from:

https://mapcarta.com/17701808 

Which is in Sweden and Sweden is not Norway. I think I have to clarify to not be accused of not reading links I post 🙄

Google also found some landmarks bearing the name in Norway, but search for skarpen slang meaning didn't return anything. 

Sorry for triggering you. You are the only poster who regularly reference the guy since I got here and you don't always use his full nick so you might search for variations of the spelling. Regardless, it's clear even from your calculating the number of results that the obsession is strong. Seek help and I will try not to trigger you in the future. 

so again, you didn't actual search as claimed. you assumed. is same as your grace mistake. based on whatever search parameters you used for your wall o' links, you assumed the usatoday article were relevant to your "tiny" refutation. which is same mistake as the former poster named sharp_one made all too frequent. resort to deflection and indulge hypocrisy as a non response. not bother to read linked content. embarrass self and then declare victory, hoping endurance would replace clever argument or insight.

don't be sharp_one.

*sigh*

am gonna admit we do deserve criticism, but not for the fault you describe. am indeed exploiting your inability to admit error so as to create a kinda perpetual engine o' shame. most folks with common sense would see there is no benefit in giving us yet another opportunity to chastise mendacity and/or error but you cannot resist and so far we has shown no desire to self impose a kinda mercy rule. that said, is not all on you. am taking advantage o' your handicap.  point o' diminishing returns is indeed far in the rearview mirror.

anywho, 

HA! Good Fun!

5 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

so again, you didn't actual search as claimed. you assumed

You are projecting. Yet again I might add. 

What I actually wrote was:

"the search only returns mostly you referring to this guy"

Now you assumed:

1. I was using the forum search, which I might do or not. Google has  better algorithms for searching forums content for example or I might have referred to a memory search. 

2. I used only the phrase "Sharp_one" and not any variations. Which skyrockets your 2% you came up with. 

3. I didn't narrow the results in any way, which for example a time frame of a 6 months would skyrocket your 2% to almost 100% at the time of my search. 

So maybe take advice from yourself and stop assuming you know better what others did, do, would do, will do, think and meant. 

166215__front.jpg

"Unfortunately there is no such user and the search only returns mostly you referring to this guy so I must assume he's a figment of your paranoia."

so, the person o' whom you were unable to discover 'cause there were no such user, you divined alternative names for your search?  ok, show us. receipts. show us how you discovered alt naming conventions from near entire before you began posting. show the returns from such searches and the numbers o' responses which result in a finding o' "mostly" compared to the 204 from a simple and obvious search o' the former poster who abandoned the board weeks before you arrived.

and again, using the suspended poster's moniker in a search yields literal hundreds o'  options which is quite unreasonable to square with your "figment" observation.

you are so terrible at this and am taking advantage o' the shortcoming you share with the former poster.

HA! Good Fun!

ps amusing, but Gromnir doesn't even figure as "mostly" with a search o' "sharpie"? not even close.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majestic said:

A fake moustache would be an improvement. The current incarantion is just Clark Kenting. Without glasses.

There's always the ignore feature!

But I'd rather talk about how trans panic, in addition to CRT and vaccine conspiracy, has just taken over the minds of some dip****s instead of one guy we all know is a series of words that would mostly get auto censored by the forum software. Dr. Adams on Tantalus, his mind empty.

• Like 1