nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

What a great night. For the first time in half a decade Giants fans had reason to be hopeful and puff out their chest a bit. Muh Boys walked into East Rutherford and delivered a bit of a wake up call. Tony Pollard and Zeke ran all over them and our staunch D smothered them.  Muh Boys are 2-1, something I would never have thought possible after the way our season started.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Both Browns and Cowboys have looked surprisingly competent without their QBs. McCarthy saving his job, :yes:.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

15 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

McCarthy saving his job, :yes:.

Yeah, that's the dog poop brown lining of our surprisingly decent start.

Cooper Rush is a competent enough game manager. He can't do some of the heroic stuff Dak can, but he's not going to self destruct either. Assuming he's just a stopgap for a few weeks, we can get by with him.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Muh Boys beat the Washington Football Team (Commanders sounds stupid, I'll keep calling them "Football Team") which was about as challenging and satisfying a victory as jumping a crippled child from behind and stomping them while they were down. Still, I'll take 3-1.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 9/8/2022 at 6:09 AM, Keyrock said:

Side note: I am both perplexed and amused by the Iggles media circle jerk. I get picking them to win the NFC East, but folks are picking them to be the #1 seed and go to The Big Game. Jalen Hurts is still their QB, right? I mean, I'm happy they're doing it. It will make the potential Iggles fans schadenfreude that much tastier and schadenfreude is all I have left this season.

How are you feeling about your week six meeting with the undefeated Eagles?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

How are you feeling about your week six meeting with the undefeated Eagles?

I'm currently worried about the Rams, I'll let you know after that game. A lot depends on who will be my team's QB that week.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Cooper Rush first ballot HoF?

It does appear that way. Out with the old, in with the new! Cue Dak Prescott coming back and losing a couple of games and the Cowboys fanbase collapsing in on itself.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

I officially, and humbly, retract my previous statement of the two western divisions sending 6 playoff teams. I don't know if even three are going to make it at this point.

• Gasp! 1

1. Methinks the Packers need to learn how to play football for more than exactly one half if they're gonna wanna hang with the other contenders.

2. I was the only one that picked the Cowboys in my pickem group, and I have no idea why. Rams have looked so bad while Cowboys have been alarmingly good without Dak.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Despite being .500, I think the Colts are the worst team in the league. Their offense is abysmal, they haven't scored a touchdown in 9 straight quarters, how is that possible? Matt Ryan looks thoroughly washed up, although, to be fair, it's hard to be a competent QB when you have no O line whatsoever. By all rights they should be 0-4-1 right now, but they were inexplicably gifted 2 wins.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Amazon's investment in Thursday Night Football is really paying dividends. Last week's exercise in futility was the worst game I've seen all year, complete with one of the most astonishingly stupid play calls ever. Today, the Bears and Commanders are threatening to top that by putting up a BLISTERING 3 total points at the half.:facepalm:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

All teams play on TNF each year, it makes sense to put these two in it together.

Packers aren't good, which I think I mentioned before. Now there starts to be a question of whether they're actually bad or not.

The bloom is off the Cooper Rush rose. As I've written before, he's a fine game manager, but he's not someone who can heroically lead you back from a big deficit. Even when muh Boys were making their comeback in the second half, it was on the strength of the run game, not on Cooper's arm.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Dak was back this week. He looked good at times and rusty other times, which is to be expected, I guess, given he hasn't played in a month and a half. The game was uncomfortably close, though you wouldn't know it from the final score. Heck, the Lions led for most of the game, then muh Boys got their $#!+ together and scored a TD to go up. Once the Lions got behind Jared Goff did Jared Goff things and, well, you can see the final score (24-6). Not the most convincing win ever, but I'll take it. I'm pretty happy with 5-2.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

15 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

My Jets beat yet another team without a quarterback.

How much of a step down is Brett Rypien from the moth-eaten corpse of Russell Wilson, anyway?

@BartimaeusOn a scale of 1 to Aaron Rodgers makes an appearance on The Joe Rogan Experience, what is the level of panic in Cheese Curd Country?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸