Obituary thread

Amentep

A coworker died today at work, he was 38. It happened before i got there, when i arrived they had already taken him to the hospital and most of the people except the higher ups had already left as the place will stay closed for a couple of days for the police to investigate the accident. Given what the others who were there said, my assumption is that what got him is what i call "the security of routine". He was used to doing that job for years so he probably forgot that there is danger involved. Its the "i've done this a thousand times, its no big deal" and then there's that one time you get unlucky.

• Sad 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:42 PM, Zoraptor said:

Most people internationally will know him as Hagrid or from the Bond movies, but he was absolutely brilliant as Fitz in 'Cracker'.

And so many utterly forget...

FfDByZpVUAAKn2Q?format=png&name=small

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

27 minutes ago, kirottu said:

I remember when he was around at Obsidian way back (that would've been NWN2?) 😢

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

42 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I remember when he was around at Obsidian way back (that would've been NWN2?) 😢

Poor guy.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, he was the lead designer for NWN2 until he left Obsidian right before release, and I vaguely remember rumours that when he left for Bioware, NWN2 was not in the best of states, and that was a lot of work to be done between him leaving and the game's release.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also in tge Carry On films, the Doctors comedies and radio's THE NAVY LARK.  RIP.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Carlos Pacheco, comic book artist, died at 60. He had been diagnosed ALS a few months ago.

He penciled a lot of great comics, but my favorite of his was the amazing Avengers Forever.

• Sad 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought it was one of the Oasis guys as well, but is the comedian with the hammer.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

I thought it was one of the Oasis guys as well, but is the comedian with the hammer.

That's not what I meant, there were multiple watermelon smashing Gallaghers, at least 2. I'm guessing it's the OG that died.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pierre Kartner

Not really fond of his political leanings, but ultimately he was responsible for a lot of fun childhood memories. I'm pretty sure my parents were absolutely sick of The Smurfs song at some point. 

Hey, who's smurfing off key? :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.