Coronavirus: Triple Edition

Amentep

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

no.

Wrong. Again you are confusing the 1998 Act with what was added in the 2018 amendment. The defamation of Poland (i.e. claiming Poland was responsible for Germany or Russia war crimes) wasn't part of the act until 2018 amendment and up to 3 years (it's actually a fine or up to 3 years, you got that wrong also) is for denial of Germany and Russia war crimes and such. You need to get better sources or actually read up a little. The world doesn't revolve around US and US laws are not the law in the world. 

I already stated what I meant, so given that please forgive if I ignore your claim to know better.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

Article 1. The Institute of National Remembrance – Commission for the Prosecution of Crimes against the Polish Nation Act of 18 December 1998 (Polish Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1575) is hereby amended as follows:

1) Article 1:
a) item 1a) shall read:

a) Nazi crimes, communist crimes, crimes committed by Ukrainian nationalists and members of Ukrainian units collaborating with the Third Reich, and other felonies that constitute crimes against peace, crimes against humanity or war crimes, committed against persons of Polish nationality or Polish citizens of other nationalities between 8 November 1917 and 31 July 1990.
b) item 2 shall be followed by item 2a, reading:

2a) protecting the reputation of the Republic of Poland and the Polish Nation

2) Article 2 shall be followed by Article 2a, reading:

Article 2a. Within the meaning of the Act, crimes committed by Ukrainian nationalists and members of Ukrainian units collaborating with the Third Reich constitute acts committed by Ukrainian nationalists between 1925 and 1950 which involved the use of violence, terror or other human rights violations against individuals or population groups. Participating in the extermination of the Jewish population and genocide of citizens of the Second Polish Republic in Volhynia and Eastern Malopolska [Lesser Poland] also constitute a crime committed by Ukrainian nationalists and members of Ukrainian units collaborating with the Third Reich.

3) Article 45a shall read:
Article 45a. Investigations concerning crimes referred to in Articles 54–55a are initiated by a prosecutor of a branch commission.

4) Article 53n is hereby repealed;

5) section 6b shall be followed by section 6c, reading:

Section 6c
Protecting the reputation of the Republic of Poland and the Polish Nation
Article 53o. Protecting the reputation of the Republic of Poland and the Polish Nation shall be governed by the provisions of the Civil Code Act of 23 April 1964 (Polish Journal of Laws of 2016, items 380, 585 and 1579) on the protection of personal rights. A court action aimed at protecting the Republic of Poland’s or the Polish Nation’s reputation may be brought by a non-governmental organisation within the remit of its statutory activities. Any resulting compensation or damages shall be awarded to the State Treasury.
Article 53p. A court action aimed at protecting the Republic of Poland’s or the Polish Nation’s reputation may also be brought by the Institute of National Remembrance. In such cases, the Institute of National Remembrance shall have the capacity to be a party to court proceedings.
Article 53q. The provisions of Article 53o and Article 53p shall apply irrespective of the governing law.

6) Article 55 shall be followed with Articles 55a and 55b, reading:

Article 55a. 1. Whoever claims, publicly and contrary to the facts, that the Polish Nation or the Republic of Poland is responsible or co-responsible for Nazi crimes committed by the Third Reich, as specified in Article 6 of the Charter of the International Military Tribunal enclosed to the International agreement for the prosecution and punishment of the major war criminals of the European Axis, signed in London on 8 August 1945 (Polish Journal of Laws of 1947, item 367), or for other felonies that constitute crimes against peace, crimes against humanity or war crimes, or whoever otherwise grossly diminishes the responsibility of the true perpetrators of said crimes – shall be liable to a fine or imprisonment for up to 3 years. The sentence shall be made public.

2. If the act specified in clause 1 is committed unintentionally, the perpetrator shall be liable to a fine or a restriction of liberty.

3. No offence is committed if the criminal act specified in clauses 1 and 2 is committed in the course of the one’s artistic or academic activity.
Article 55b. Irrespective of the regulations in force at the location of committing the criminal act, this Act shall apply to Polish and foreign citizens in the event of committing the offences referred to in Articles 55 and 55a.

HA! Good Fun!

ps underlined were added by Gromnir

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

fine AND prison time does not change fact it were criminal. because is possibility o' imprison, and not just a fine, you get criminal. point out fine is also possible is not helping you and fact you believe it does amuses us. fine does not make less criminal.

however, is hard to keep track o' your substantive edits. the defamation bit were indeed an amendment to the earlier holocaust denialism act. read 55.

none o' which changes at all the extreme polish efforts to chill free speech both through civil and criminal. 

ipso facto, given the following

"I seriously don't think someone from a country that achieved like 25% of worldwide cases and deaths should instruct people on what works and sharing a know-how like an expert. "

and subsequent defenses o' the bit o' manifest ignorance, skarpy free speech comments is not deserving o' consideration based on his own admonitions.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

uh... 

am not a dc fan so much. is this a bizarro thing?

superman is your friend. superman is trying to help you. kill superman.

am needing to reverse everything so it makes sense to bizzaro skarpy?

bizzaro version:

the defamation thing were not an amendment to earlier holocaust denial legislation, none of which were repugnant to free speech notions. poland has shown how much it embraces free speech. poland loves free speech.

also, skarpy's gaslighting of his initial national origin generalization were obviously sincere. is no hypocrisy at all in condemning national origin as a basis for ignoring arguments skarpy doesn't like while simultaneous pretending such fundamental national origin handicaps is inapplicable to his self.

now, kill superman.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

28 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Seems fine, not anyway worrisome 😷

florida did this earlier in the year. 'stead o' having individual county coroners posting death numbers as they had done in past, the state demanded all such data be sent to a centralized florida database. a tampa paper did a story and discovered the florida hijinks, but beyond cnn and a few other media outlets brief mention, nothing came o' it.

it "worked" in florida, and look how well florida is doing, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

56 minutes ago, Elerond said:

No more deaths from covid in the US, all thanks to Trump. Unfortunately, there's been a lot of deaths from totally unrelated causes like pneumonia this year, but what can you do about that?

And on other totally unrelated news, China has suggested there's a far worse novel pneumonic disease in Khazakstan than sarscov2, because Khazakstan have no coronavirus but have had a lot of totally unrelated pneumonia deaths this year...

5 hours ago, Elerond said:

Shame no one can do anything about it, really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Shame no one can do anything about it, really.

can and will are different. 

other than vet hospitals, and a few others, trump cannot just mandate this stuff-- he doesn't have authority. Congress does, but is a big stretch to suggest recent covid-19 legislation made such authority available to the President. any hospital could refuse to comply and seek injunctive relief to prevent trump from punishing hospitals or states. 

however, and quite understandable, there isn't much benefit in a hospital politicizing health data.

Congress could step in and squash President efforts by doing something for a change, but with house-senate split, is so unlikely as to be a non-starter.

historic repeated tragedy:  multiple people and organizations have the power to something, but none o' them have the will to do so. 

HA! Good Fun!

NPR - White House strips CDC of data collection role for Covid 19

For a little extra detail....

Since March, hospitals have reported daily information on the availability of hospital beds, ventilators, and personal protective equipment to an established data collection network run by CDC called the National Healthcare Safety Network or NHSN, which has operated for years.

As of Wednesday, July 15, hospitals are being instructed by HHS to shelve that system, and instead to report to a new site set up by HHS using a private contractor.

Pollock of CDC says switching to this new platform disregards the relationships with hospitals CDC has developed over the years, since it has "been stood up relatively recently" and adds that it also lacks "the track record and the expertise that we're able to provide."

The new system was set up by TeleTracking, a private company based in Pennsylvania, which was awarded the $10 million contract in a non-competitive bid in April. In June, Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.), the ranking member of the Senate health committee wrote a letter to CDC Director Robert Redfield, asking why TeleTracking was awarded the contract on a non-competitive basis.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

5 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

How is walking around provoking people excellent. It's just rude.

Always good to know we can rely on our resident contrarian to defend people who are triggered by the offer of a free mask. 

Never change Sharpie. Growth is a sign of weakness.

17 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Always good to know we can rely on our resident contrarian to defend people who are triggered by the offer of a free mask.

Did you went to Gromnir school of misreading things?

I didn't defend anyone I criticized two punks who provoke people to get views.

9 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Here is another lady for Skarpie to defend:

Yikes, she's got a note from her chiropractor. :wowey: 

How is this sexist behaviour allowed? Where are the moderators?

166215__front.jpg

yes, it is a terrible curse that we read text as written as 'posed to divining what you believe were meant, or what you intended but did not write. is a burden to be able to read. 

that said, is another teachable moment skarpy will never benefit from, 'cause you gotta know how am gonna resurrect this when he inevitable laments how some group he approves o' is mistreated by angry "snowflakes."

HA! Good Fun!

well now, is not everyday you see such an incomprehensible non-sequitur. congrats?  given your recent posts revealing complete fails o' reading and composition fail, am not shocked, but am admitted puzzled.

HA! Good Fun!

I went to a Chinese New Year Festival (a street celebration/parade thingy) at around the end of January.  Got sick with flu-like symptoms for almost three whole weeks in February. At the time, I did not know what it was.   

Tested in April and May for COVID 19, and did not have it.  

Tested in around early-mid June for anti-body, and I had it, which meant I must have gotten COVID 19 in January/February and developed the immunity for it.  

Didn't get sick between March to early July, and I went out every other day or every third day (though I always wear a mask and gloves.... okay so I thought I had the anti-body, so I got a bit  careless and more daring.)

Almost couple weeks ago, just got sick again, mild symptoms, less severe than and somewhat different from those I got from February... tested over a week ago, this time waited much longer for the result to come back... POSITIVE for COVID 19.   Which means, either I got a false positive for the anti-body test, or I was infected with a different strain, or the anti-body only lasted for only about 4-5 months.  

If Trump and Republicans are betting on herd immunity by attrition... then we are SCREWED.