Politics XXXVI (will catch up to superbowls soon)

Amentep

Isn't this like the third cancellation for COPS?  Fox then Spike then Paramount streaming?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

21 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I was thinking about the song from Inner Circle. The may also cancel Live PD! I leave that on as background noise around here. ;(  

Without that show what else will A&E show ?!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Without that show what else will A&E show ?!

Some manner of crappy reality show, I'm sure.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

Isn't this like the third cancellation for COPS?  Fox then Spike then Paramount streaming?

"Defund the police" in irony!

Also, these protests are proof that you cannot rely on government to change things, you have to actually get out there and scream and yell until you force them to enact legislation, that's just the reality of power, if you don't hold their feet to the fire, they'll get away with anything.

Now if only people en masse would start protesting against the economy and rampant imperialism...

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

There is that. Another factor is small rural communities are pretty tight knit. An urban apartment building houses hundreds of people who are strangers to one another. A small town most everyone knows everyone else. And their families for a generation or more. People are more likely to commit crimes against strangers. Other than crimes of passions, etc. 

You guys are crazy. It is clearly the fact that cities are filled with democrats and small towns are filled with Republicans. :wowey:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Volourn said:

https://t.me/demacre/5428

Fake news?

[IMG]

Yep, shame that cop got off so easy. Deserves to hang.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

am honest too lazy to look up current numbers, but in 2016, ~90 unarmed americans were killed by police. of those ninety, a smidge over 50% o' the dead and unarmed persons were black... and almost invariably, "armed" meant the person were in possession o' a handgun.

various people is gonna look at such numbers based on own personal lens. 2nd amendment folks will balk at suggestion (reality) handgun possession leads to a much higher rate o' getting death by cop or death by accident. many white conservatives will see higher rate o' black deaths from cop as no more than proof blacks is committing more crime and resisting more frequent. some folks will look at 90 when compared to total arrests and police confrontations and wonder what all the concern is 'bout... qq over yet another nothingburger, or somesuch. blm supporters will see disproportionate black killings as unconscionable and mere tip o' the iceberg when all police killings is considered.

discuss race insta polarizes folks. is particular tough on law enforcement. tell a moderate/liberal white cop how he is a bigot whether he realizes or not is probable a less than constructive way to get such cops to buy-in to a program for changing use o' force schemes. is a good chance a white cop passed over for promotion twice in favor o' a minority applicant is gonna secret be grumbling 'bout affirmative action even if the minority applicants were clear more qualified-- again starting at disadvantage to buy-in.  got a non-minority cop who has faced multiple ia investigations 'cause minorities complained 'bout treatment and even if the cop had started as a blm supporter who marched along with protesters after michael brown shooting, there is a good chance cop is no longer as sympathetic. etc.

there is a race problem for cops and daniel shaver incident(s) don't in anyway diminish the need for change. the fact a large % o' times cops go rogue the victim is white don't somehow erase what is disproportionate happening to minorities. that said, given current environment and America's inability to discuss race w/o it turning into a metaphorical blood bath (or worse-- have angry white participants to such conversations simple holding their opinions to themselves and getting angrier and angrier,) has us dubious 'bout the success o' a race-focused plan to deal with cop violence.

cop violence in the US is bad and is bad regardless o' the race o' the cop or the victim. and yes, cop violence is levied disproportionate 'pon minorites. fact. the thing is, am believing there is a cop solution to cop violence, but pretend as if there is a solution to cop racism without a broader and more general fix to USA cultural and social racism is a pipe dream. you aren't gonna somehow fix cop racism without addressing centuries o' systemic racism which lead to our current income disparity issues. you aren't gonna fix cop racism without addressing historical racism which has lead to minority distrust o' government institutions. you aren't gonna fix cop racism until you fix educational and healthcare racism.

look to board responses and see just how resistant is more than a few folks to wanna recognize cop racism as a problem and then imagine how much more difficult it will be to engage actual cops in meaningful change.

am thinking an attempt to address cop racism is laudable but ultimately a waste o' effort w/o simultaneous addressing broader race concerns and problems. raise your hand if you believe such a sea change o' American culture and law is gonna happen anytime soon.

cop violence is not an issue beyond the ability o' state and local governments to address. is a difficult problem but is one which offers room for improvement and a legit possibility for short and long-term change. try and fix cop racism, as if such improvement may be achieved w/o larger (and less likely) societal changes, strikes us as being o' being beyond any sorta realistic hope in 2020. 

am not suggesting folks ignore cop racism. contrary, we need learn to discuss race issues in this country w/o everybody having their brains dribble outta their skulls whenever race is mentioned. learn to deal with racism is an enormous problem and is a generational fix. as a people we need to deal with US racism, but we also need deal with cop violence.  general rule: when faced with a seeming insurmountable problem, am finding it is always beneficial to choose to focus on one aspect o' the problem which may be fixed. be paralyzed by the enormity o' an obstacle benefits none. obstacles typical appear less monolithic once you make constructive headway, even if change is small. so focus on cop violence w/o ignore cop racism. even so, recognize you ain't gonna fix cop racism w/o changing American racism.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

There are bad people in all walks of life. Bad people + authority = Really bad people.

Our entire structure is bad, recent studies show that even putting a completely average person in authority aka a police officer, can turn them into violent thugs on a whim.

Solution:  Reorganize our entire economic system that breeds violent class struggle, symptoms like police brutality will shrink tremendously.

11 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

various people is gonna look at such numbers based on own personal lens. 2nd amendment folks will balk at suggestion (reality) handgun possession leads to a much higher rate o' getting death by cop or death by accident. many white conservatives will see higher rate o' black deaths from cop as no more than proof blacks is committing more crime and resisting more frequent. some folks will look at 90 when compared to total arrests and police confrontations and wonder what all the concern is 'bout... qq over yet another nothingburger, or somesuch. blm supporters will see disproportionate black killings as unconscionable and mere tip o' the iceberg when all police killings is considered.

You know if it were just you and I deciding the fate of the USA over a bottle of fine bourbon I'd give you this one. The second amendment will no longer apply to pistols, handguns under say 18". With an exception to muzzleloader/black powder because why not. IF.... IF I thought it would end there. If I really thought that would be the ;ast conversation that would ever be had about banning guns I'd concede pistols. But we both know it won't be because it (gun control) is not about crime, or safety, or police lives, and it never was. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That article is trying to gaslight us. LMAO

Yet that just further illustrates my point - the biggest issue facing cops is not racism. It is police brutality, and low standards.  Another win for Volourn yet BLM pretends that is their point. :)

Their point is   'racism' is something that defines everything when it is not. Racism is maybe in the top 100 issues that hold cops back from being all they can be. That article is funier the more I read as BLM  is trying to lie and smokescreen and change their divisive nonsense.

Have we not listened for the past 3 weeks of how RACISM IS THE BIG PROBLEM? Now they are trying to  pretend this is part of the BLM message? Bull. I don't buy their 

P.S.  ALM people have brought it up. They've been shouted down and ignored for being racist. HAHAHAHAHA.

That article is tone-deaf, pathetic, pandering, and jumping through hoops to disprove their own message. LMAO

Now trying to tell me that BLM actually 'caSes' about some white dude being killed/ L0L I don't believe that nonsense. BLM doesn't even care when black people are killed - especially since BLM targets blacks for violence, murder, assault, battery, insults, rape,abuse, harassment, silencing, and more. EVIL.

Just like Antifa. And, the KKK. Trifecta of Violent Psychopaths.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

An antifa mob has taken over a park in Seattle and declared it a "police free zone". And in order to keep it that was they have armed Antifa knuckleheads frisking people who enter and checking their ID and beating them with rifle butts if they don't comply. So the police have been replaced with..... police

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-city-hall-protesters-autonomous-zone

https://mynorthwest.com/1934076/seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/

ANNNNDDDD get a load of THIS little nugget:

Immediately afterward, Black Lives Matter protesters, Antifa black shirts, and armed members of the hard-Left John Brown Gun Club seized control of the neighborhood, moved the barricades into a defensive position, and declared it the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone—even putting up a cardboard sign at the barricades declaring “you are now leaving the USA.”

Antifa Black Shirts. Now THAT would be funny if it wasn't so f-----g STUPID. Apparently they didn't stay in school long enough to learn about this f-----g guy and what political party he sprang from

Benito Mussolini - Wikipedia

Edited by Guard Dog
Forgot Il Duce's pic

Thomas Sowell

Hm, great now we have the proto NSF.

How long before Trump sends in an MEU, I wonder

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

An antifa mob has taken over a park in Seattle and declared it a "police free zone". And in order to keep it that was they have armed Antifa knuckleheads frisking people who enter and checking their ID and beating them with rifle butts if they don't comply. So the police have been replaced with..... police

That's the thing about the far left fringe, and the far right fringe, for that matter, they say they want change. By "change" they mean the same exact power structure we have now, just with them in charge instead.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

That's the thing about the far left fringe, and the far right fringe, for that matter, they say they want change. By "change" they mean the same exact power structure we have now, just with them in charge instead.

Not just the fringes, the middle too. Meanwhile I'm still looking for the "just leave everyone alone" party. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Meanwhile I'm still looking for the "just leave everyone alone" party. 

Libertarians are probably the closest thing we have to that. They, or I should say we, since I consider myself a libertarian, have our fair share of looneys and ***holes too. *sigh*

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jo_Jorgensen_2020_Campaign_Logo.png

She has my vote. Certainly better than any of the other choices.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

34 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Libertarians are probably the closest thing we have to that.

I always love KSR's quote about them - "Anarchists that want police protection from their slaves".  Suits so many of them I encounter.

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Antifa Black Shirts. Now THAT would be funny if it wasn't so f-----g STUPID. Apparently they didn't stay in school long enough to learn about this f-----g guy and what political party he sprang from

That seems to be poetic licence on the author's part. Not completely made up because it seems there are armed people in the streets, but not in a way you'd associate with the black or brown shirts you're thinking of, which were armed wings of actual political parties, complete with ranks, membership cards and oaths of fealty. Antifa has none of that, is not an organization, and does not have its own private army.

It may come to that, in time, if they are organized into self-defense committees or what have you -- there's certainly historical precedent. But not quite there yet.

We'll have to wait to see if they can live up to their purported ideas and risk actual democracy in there, but I think the author is jumping the gun by declaring that it has basically become 1937 Barcelona after four days.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Man, in two weeks "antifa" has done more to fight the government than any supposedly freedom loving right-wing groups in their entire existence. I guess it shows that their belief in people being able to stop the government once it becomes tyrannical is bull**** or only applied to white guys running sex cults.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands