Funny Stuff: A New Hope

Amentep

It even got approved 😁

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For those of you who might not know, infidelity is very high among couples where one or both are in the US armed forces. Particularly if one of them is deployed. There are tons of jokes about it in that occupation, too. Stuff along the lines of, "When you get back from deployment, throw your shoes over the roof to hit her boyfriend as he's sneaking out the backdoor." Pretty sure in the example above she wasn't really having an affair, but he wanted a weekend off with her so he worded it in such a way as to peak his superior's interest thus increasing his chances of getting time off. But, if she was having an affair and their daughter really isn't his, it wouldn't be too surprising.

Its Thor from one of the Hulk TV movies. Daredevil was also in one. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have no recollection of the Fantastic 4 in the above picture, but it can't possibly have been worse than any of the movies made in the last 15 or so years.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I have no recollection of the Fantastic 4 in the above picture, but it can't possibly have been worse than any of the movies made in the last 15 or so years.

That's because it was never released. It got made so the company could keep the rights to make a FF4 film in the future. Of course, no-one told any of the cast that that was what was happening so they all expected the film to actually go to cinema.

It became one of those mythical beasts decades before the Marvel Universe became a thing. I think it finally slipped through the cracks and got a late vhs release. Damn, now my memory is fuzzy on exactly what happened with it.

Edited by Raithe
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its never been officially released - it was produced so the rights owner so he could keep the rights.  He bought the film back from Corman when it was finished and sat on it (supposedly after he made a deal with FOX to make Fantastic Four films, Avi Arad had the prints destroyed, but they've been circulating in bootleg circles for years so that story may be apocryphal).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man