Sign in to follow this  
Bye

Having no fun whatsoever

Posted (edited)

I signed up specifically to tell you guys how little fun I had with this game. This has be the most infuriating game I have ever played.

The best word I can use to sum up this game is, "futility." Nothing you do will ever make you feel a sense of accomplishment. Every encounter with the enemy requires at least 50-60 reloads. Evry fight is like hitting your head against a brick wall. As you get more people in your party, the fight becomes harder, not easier. Most enemies are immune to everything, making your stats irrelevant. 

Take one of the very early quest, Dweller, for example. The Warden gives you a simple contract. It was one of the first 4-5 contracts available. This is literally the beginner assignments.. And what does the game want to to do up against? An incredibly tough troll accompanied by floating rocks that throws insects swarms at you non-stop. No matter how you protect your tank, how you position your aoe dealers, you end up dead in 10 seconds. They have high-dps, high hp, and are immune to everything. And this is supposed to be the early part of the game.

You cannot bait them since everything comes after you as soon as one is triggered. You cannot snipe them since you can never deal high enough dps. You cannot grind yours stats because monsters do not respawn. The game went out of its way to ensure that there is literally nothing you can do except giving up.

And that's exactly what I will be doing. Thanks, but no thanks.

Edited by Bye
  • Gasp! 1

in the off-chance new players come across the above misinformation by the OP ... most enemies are not immune to everything, and bounty quests from the Warden were not intended to be 'very early' or for 'beginner' parties ... the player stronghold must be rebuilt and upgraded over time before Warden bounties become available

above all, over the course of the game, save often; if your party gets wiped clean in seconds by an enemy, do not reload 50-60 times ... reload once before the battle and travel to a different map or pursue an alternate quest to gather experience and upgrade items and weapons before returning to a difficult encounter ... try it, it's fun

All Stop. On Screen.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, Bye said:

The game went out of its way to ensure that there is literally nothing you can do except giving up.

Yeah well - other players might want to raise the question: "Why didn't you do something else first and came back later? It's kind of an open world game." and the only honest answer would be "Ooopsi, I didn't think about that".

This player went out of his way to gnaw on a bone he can't chew yet - while there were plenty of other, softer and meatier ones laying around. 

I wonder how he got past the infamous bear cave. 😲

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Try using a guide with a premade build that definitely works.  I have had the exact opposite experience, and started a second play through on hard (in which im streamrolling) the second I finished my first.

• Like 1

To be fair the game gets a whole lot easier once you

a) gained some meta-knowledge (where to go, which enemies can do what) and

b) understand the mechanics a bit better.

Still: reloading 50 times because one can't win a certain (optional) fight and then ragequit instead of just pursuing a different route (and come back later) is just silly. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 10/8/2019 at 1:29 AM, Boeroer said:

Yeah well - other players might want to raise the question: "Why didn't you do something else first and came back later? It's kind of an open world game." and the only honest answer would be "Ooopsi, I didn't think about that".

This player went out of his way to gnaw on a bone he can't chew yet - while there were plenty of other, softer and meatier ones laying around. 

I wonder how he got past the infamous bear cave. 😲

Hey, the bear cave caused me at least 3-4 tries with my Stag Druid (1st PC). Don’t knock it, it’s tough for newbies.😇

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.