Wot I bought last - a fool and their money mystary edition

ShadySands

On 2/28/2022 at 8:22 AM, Hurlsnot said:

After hemming and hawing over purchasing Elden Ring, I decided to switch it up and pick up Elex 2 instead. At least I know it will perform well on my PC.

When given the choice of Eurojank or literally anything else, Eurojank is always the correct choice. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I bought a xXxBOxXx (these things are still quite hard to get at MSRP even nearly a year and a half after launch), I don't have it yet, but it should arrive by next weekend. This will be my first Microsoft console. Obviously, I need something to play on it (back in the day consoles used to come with a game included, I don't think they do any more), so I ordered Forza Horizon 5 and Elex 2.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Is Gamedec worth 18 bucks? Looks interesting but I dunno

Is like a discount Disco Elysium.  I'd say it's worth $18 USD.

Farming Simulator 22 is on sale too...I may get that.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Hurlsnot said:

I don't know if my liver can handle another Disco Elysium.

See, that's why you need to be emotionally dead like me!  But nah I don't think the game's writing is all that comparable to DE.  It's a fun game, I wish there were more investigations to do as they are fun puzzles - the Farmville area was amusing to play through.  The "twist" is quite predictable, but not sure that is a mark against it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

Bought these plus Armored Core 4 for the PS3 but that one had no box so it won't get a pic.

image.jpg

The Resident Evil 5 disc seems to have  some scratches on the surface and the guy who sold it wouldn't have it back right after I took it off his hands*.

image.jpg

It installed and played fine though, so here's to hoping it will stay that way.

*= my fellow Iranians can be shameless crooks at times.

Edited by Katphood
  • Gasp! 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I considered buying Cultivation Simulator, seeing how it is on sale, but it is a Chinese mythology theme, which should mean that Keyrock would be all over it. But he isn't. So I am worried.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I considered buying Cultivation Simulator, seeing how it is on sale, but it is a Chinese mythology theme, which should mean that Keyrock would be all over it. But he isn't. So I am worried.

Hope this helps. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

As much as I love wuxia, and I do, I am also SUPER GARBAGE at RTSs and any other type of game requiring extensive real-time micromanagement. I can do management in a turn-based game, but this doesn't look turn-based AFAICT. Given my extensive and rigorous information gathering and analysis, consisting of watching the Sseth video @Onerposted and nothing else, there is a 98.37165% chance I would rage quit and uninstall that game within a couple hours of play.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

59 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Question:

Would I enjoy Greedfall? 

I see it on sale.

There's a *lot* of trashmob killing that drags the game down into boredom, but when they actually give you an RPG, it's fun. Also some obvious budget issues with the recycled buildings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

Question:

Would I enjoy Greedfall? 

I see it on sale.

Did you play Mars: War Logs, Technomancer, or Bound By Flame? If you did then you know what you are in for. I would say this is easily Spiders' best game so far. I liked it quite a bit. It's the most polished (still not AAA, mind you) and most open (still too many invisible walls for my taste) of their games. It's got a colonialism theme. You got the native tree huggers and the greedy colonists, though it's not quite that black & white.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I found the constant backtracking in Mars War Logs a bit annoying so never finished it. And since I didn't finish War Logs I haven't played Technomancer since I first want to finish War Logs.

Maybe I should simply play that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).