Bit off-topic but does anyone have access to DALL-E 2 or Midjourney or other good AI models?

Just started a thread and I'll repeat some of what I said there: as of now, you can make custom portraits using neural network AI. The AI I always saw used to be hilariously bad at faces, until around this year.

Lately, 'DALL-E mini' is the one I've been messing around with the most. Not the best one, but it produces some surprisingly good stuff despite its limitations. AI-generated portraits I posted before, with my edits. Mini's resolution/sharpness is low tho

Untitled.png.216779367cffb1c5aa26408126d8a339.pngUntitled.png.8c83c8ca822d2a520c461d98c9d82b6b.pngUntitled.png.efbb393f039431d9d236957946b73ae6.png1969960549_smolhair.png.071d3f623cd1c108da3f3461dd1dca30.png

Last one's face is from a real portrait. The rest are 100% from DALL-E mini. Took some keyword kung-fu + edits, but it's all AI, eyyy

And one more, in-game. It's also the first one that I made couple days ago:

Spoiler

All these did take some editing(mostly copying faces from one image to another), but that generally didn't take long. I wouldn't even say I'm fast or good at editing.

Here (Is linking my own thread bad etiquette? idk, but it feels ehh...)

I posted instructions on there, see the 2nd post. Literally anyone can use DALL-E mini, so here(link EDIT: Use Craiyon instead. They're migrating there). I really want to see what portraits other people make.

portraitTest.thumb.jpg.27d06cb5752862a0e00804d46c60ae8e.jpg

Back to the original question, does anyone have access to a higher quality AI, in particular the betas for DALL-E 2 or Midjourney? Seriously, they're amazing. Google what they can make or check their subreddits in particular. The most impressive models I've seen yet

What kind of portraits could someone make with those AI instead? 🤔

Edited by Swatcher

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 3:35 PM, Grimhaven said:

I don't suppose anyone still has the official background and guide from the first thread? The attachment has been deleted/lost unfortunately.

I can't find the guide unfortunately but here is the paper texture: 

pEbZxse.png

On 6/13/2022 at 9:27 PM, cherryflavoredfunk said:

Anyone interested in making watercolors for this? Original piece: https://www.deviantart.com/helmuttt/art/Asian-Elf-178421147

female_elf_e3_lg.png

female_elf_e3_sm.png

qr7xcU3.png jsSNWxk.png

On 4/5/2022 at 6:05 PM, PsyCoil said:

Can a kind soul wit the magic Photoshop / GIMP touch can create a portrait out of these?

I'm trying my best in the meantime but it's not going very well for me, lol

e8816e0eb773fcdaa9e6cf151702aff1.jpg

RIxHAe1.png j2CgYu4.png

Original image: https://www.deviantart.com/bobkehl/art/Cutthroat-Kaari-kalou-787875845

• Like 1

Hello,

Would someone be so kind and make a more Pillars/Deadfire-style portrait of the one presented below? (also watercolor version please)

If possible, please also change his both eyes to brown.

Thanks!

Barik_unmasked_lg2.webp

Edited by Yhekal

Wow! That's great! Thanks! 😄

That being said, I was hoping the background to be more 'Deadfire' in style - kinda blurred, not really representing anything - and there is some kind of tree in the background?

Also the head is not centered for some reason in the smaller versions of the portrait. Looks a bit odd to me.

Would someone be so kind and redo it a bit more? I attach original portraits as reference.

BXaBWi6.jpeg

1520094349474.png

Edited by Yhekal

On 10/13/2022 at 9:53 PM, Yhekal said:

Hello,

Would someone be so kind and make a more Pillars/Deadfire-style portrait of the one presented below? (also watercolor version please)

If possible, please also change his both eyes to brown.

aBSZATS.png A0ESj0g.png CH1013a.png 5WtebFp.png J26sxx8.png d4k3yoC.png

and also both eyes blue for the hell of it

ElDV29X.png rvWShXU.png pPmEoXL.png AJy2Spu.png YfcReCE.png wSpLkUT.png

Edit: bearded Barik as well:

27qegHb.png W6ijbFI.png uriXCO3.png Jamrl8n.png i10whSM.png 52d8PMM.png

UzgZBxd.png lFx02Ca.png 7aFuyuJ.png 22d2SgL.png dWqf4wx.png SJGmfPi.png

On 10/14/2022 at 6:04 PM, Yhekal said:

Also the head is not centered for some reason in the smaller versions of the portrait. Looks a bit odd to me.

You can recrop the portrait to your liking using this site:

https://www.notra.fr/portrait/deadfire

and swap out the background using this site:

https://www.remove.bg/

If you want something quick, once the site has removed the background the click edit button in the right hand corner, then select a background and pick one of the blur options.

Edited by Kvellen
Added Barik's bearded portraits.
  • Like 4

That's a remarkable work @Kvellen, thank you! 😍

Also provided links to websites look very interesting, although I doubt I am going to have any use of them considering my limited skills in the subject.

Just if it's not much of a hassle - would you consider changing the background color from greenish (beardless portrait with brown eyes ofc) to one present on portraits below (or similar)? Would look better (imo).

Once again, big thanks!

1.png

2.png

Edited by Yhekal
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Isewein if you scroll down a bit in that thread someone posted these:

XeSQrak.pngQuvgsUO.png

On 12/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, Yhekal said:

Hello, would somebody be so kind and give this guy some proper clothes? 😉

1.png.9791482de882318cb579af465a262af9.png

Perhaps Ixamitl-like outfit? See below example. Watercolor version would also be most welcome.

2.png.1bb860b8ece99f1528aeb592b9b66ed4.png

Thanks!

Gave it a shot.

xyGZ4RG.png KjfIyMB.png 36B2CaB.png 3Zf9z60.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 9:18 AM, ElSavant said:

Hello, could someone be so kind an do their watercolor magic on this battle-worn elf lady?

vDu1n1w.png

Sure thing! Original by Inar-of-Shilmista

NlqyqSw.png P0NkN1D.png

On 3/1/2023 at 6:47 AM, YaK said:

Hi!
I found that this portrait
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99990-portraits-iii/?do=findComment&comment=2027794
was already turned into watercolorish deadfire convo style before, but the link by DexGames on Portrait III thread, but links are long gone.
Does anyone perchanche happen to have the files saved?

Originally by Couple of Kooks

I thought I'd seen the watercolors linked in a later post/thread but can't find it.

So did a quick conversion.

9lbBA45.png BIi9Z0R.png

• Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 6:25 PM, Kvellen said:
Spoiler

Sure thing! Original by Inar-of-Shilmista

NlqyqSw.png P0NkN1D.png

Originally by Couple of Kooks

I thought I'd seen the watercolors linked in a later post/thread but can't find it.

So did a quick conversion.

9lbBA45.png BIi9Z0R.png

Many thanks! 🙂

EDIT:

BtW, has someone already done the Watercolor treatment for this handsome dude? Char seems popular enough to be the case, but looking through the forum with all the dead links is a real drag.

63f0d6cd6b6b9952f3f66bef6f0ba8d4.jpg

308182754_945635189683303_5560381179995059223_n.jpg

Edited by ElSavant