Here is my watcher.

I tried following the GIMP tuturial, but there is a new version of GIMP now, and it's nothing like in the guide.
Ended up using a mix of GIMP, lunapic and ms paint.

Don't know who original artist is - found on pinterest. (Huge creds to artist - beautiful artwork, whoever you are!)

Amelia_convo.png

Amelia_lg.png

Amelia_si.png

Amelia_sm.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A version of "male_aumaua_c" without a beard, from a reddit thread. Removing the beard from the portrait kind of makes him look like the Nameless One from Planescape Torment now that I look at it.
LYgheZ2.png RUI3JQC.png dqaJrXS.png QSkX5We.png

On 4/4/2023 at 5:16 PM, ElSavant said:

Many thanks! 🙂

EDIT:

BtW, has someone already done the Watercolor treatment for this handsome dude? Char seems popular enough to be the case, but looking through the forum with all the dead links is a real drag.

63f0d6cd6b6b9952f3f66bef6f0ba8d4.jpg

308182754_945635189683303_5560381179995059223_n.jpg

First portrait is by Anna Helme
Tlb4ktL.png XHBNctn.png

A facebook post credits the second image to Gerry Arthur. The style looks consistent with theirs, but can't find it in their portfolio.
0spg8RD.png JracQjh.png

On 6/21/2023 at 10:02 AM, Alekks said:

Hi!

Is anyone still alive here? 

recently discovered PoE 2 and fell in love 😍

Can someone make game portraits for me prettttty plissss 

i tried it myself but no no no and no

thx

image.jpeg.61ede6364a65a6b0c58ee5ebf354b4ea.jpeg

I am one who is among the living, I just usually wait for a few request to pile up and until I've found the original source.

Original is Mathias Shaw portrait by Julie "Shuploc" Damgaard
D1fpts9.png IIziezb.png

On 11/18/2023 at 12:33 AM, Testlum said:

Unfortunately don't have the source for the original art.

male_human_c8_lg.png.4eda0f18c1526315c9e32e8d55ff7f02.pngmale_human_c8_convo.png.3dbfb4328ee0cae1f8e80ce8fe417486.pngmale_human_c8_sm.png.dca483e3152951159d638efaefce801b.pngmale_human_c8_si.png.3eb5f1c11654090ea0a44c4c8f9d02e9.png

Knight 9/9/14 by Danila Kalinin

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That depends on what software you are using to downsize. But most of times, when downsizing a picture, there's some option to keep the ratio - like a lock symbol for example or a chain link or whatever.

Here's what it looks like in my Gimp (sorry, UI is German):

scale_ratio.png?rlkey=ex04w3p617jy55147f

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @Kvellen

Would you be so kind and help me once more? I would like this portrait of Thaos to be adjusted so it can be used in "Deadfire" (with right size, watercolor version included and etc.).

Thaos_PoE1_portrait_NPC_unmasked_lg.webp.d5df1ee02214c3ea21b5c7b9b5d77fa8.webp

Also, could you make him a tad younger? Maybe black beard instead of white/gray? Similar to the image below?

beard.jpg.01eecfa95faa93baf102ef7403473f4a.jpg

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Smooth Durance.

HJUiMuq.png yKeRNI6.png cfEQ38w.png YP1YIJx.png

On 2/15/2024 at 11:45 PM, Yhekal said:

Hello @Kvellen

Would you be so kind and help me once more? I would like this portrait of Thaos to be adjusted so it can be used in "Deadfire" (with right size, watercolor version included and etc.).

Thaos_PoE1_portrait_NPC_unmasked_lg.webp.d5df1ee02214c3ea21b5c7b9b5d77fa8.webp

Also, could you make him a tad younger? Maybe black beard instead of white/gray?

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Gave it a shot:

8KOwzIJ.png UMgaRt1.png 3RCzPFw.png GuYVHbG.png

On 2/19/2024 at 11:06 PM, ManekiNeko said:

Hello,

Could someone please watercolor this portrait, please?

This portrait is based on an official PoE1 portrait that has already been edited by lokarts.

Thank you in advance!

tumblr_pkztvlhD3B1y17kx4o4_250edit2.jpg.

KsuoZKO.png bLji63x.png

NinAB9N.png T6mGoxx.png

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Kvellen would you be up for two more challenges?

1. Aloth portrait from PoE 1 into Deadfire - would you be able to make it so it's a bit more in style of PoE 2? Don't know really what should be done to achieve this - any ideas? Changing background??  For sure resizeing and watercolor version.

Can you also make a version that is unchanged and just resized and with watercolor?

2. Would you be able to put spiked armor on the barbarian character? (swap bald guy with barbarian)

Thanks! :) 

male_human_b2_convo.png

male_human_b2_lg.png

male_human_b2_si.png

male_human_b2_sm.png

male_human_n_convo.png

male_human_n_lg.png

male_human_n_sm.png

portrait_aloth_lg.png

portrait_aloth_sm.png

• 3 weeks later...

Tried my hand at making some variants of vanilla portraits.

1NQu6iY.png CFmaEya.png eroUSUS.png e7Fg7oJ.png ciwRBwf.png gwvJuAb.png sKOOUhr.png  mBNqTBs.png

Edited the watercolors to match the unused "female_godlike_earth_c" variants by Polina Hristova 

8DLWP5z.png pPf8cXr.png 1COf3dD.png pXUINUk.png pxUGxz7.png RuR7BJk.png cf6kG7C.png yCYPIGh.png

On 3/16/2024 at 5:53 PM, Yhekal said:

Can you also make a version that is unchanged and just resized and with watercolor?

would you be up for two more challenges?

1. Aloth portrait from PoE 1 into Deadfire - would you be able to make it so it's a bit more in style of PoE 2? Don't know really what should be done to achieve this - any ideas? Changing background??  For sure resizeing and watercolor version.

2. Would you be able to put spiked armor on the barbarian character? (swap bald guy with barbarian)

Thanks! :) 

1. I bumped up the colors a bit and changed the background to be more like the purple seen in his Deadfire portrait. Very subtle changes but brings it closer to how Deadfire portraits looks imo.

lPlZEKa.png FNDTPot.png Mlo6m7A.png vyuhXEk.png

2. Think I have hit my limit as far working around this portrait.

n8TZ5w7.png whMcU52.png WU1fzqg.png RuvEynF.png

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 2:38 PM, Kvellen said:

Tried my hand at making some variants of vanilla portraits.

1NQu6iY.png CFmaEya.png eroUSUS.png e7Fg7oJ.png ciwRBwf.png gwvJuAb.png sKOOUhr.png  mBNqTBs.png

Edited the watercolors to match the unused "female_godlike_earth_c" variants by Polina Hristova 

8DLWP5z.png pPf8cXr.png 1COf3dD.png pXUINUk.png pxUGxz7.png RuR7BJk.png cf6kG7C.png yCYPIGh.png

1. I bumped up the colors a bit and changed the background to be more like the purple seen in his Deadfire portrait. Very subtle changes but brings it closer to how Deadfire portraits looks imo.

lPlZEKa.png FNDTPot.png Mlo6m7A.png vyuhXEk.png

2. Think I have hit my limit as far working around this portrait.

n8TZ5w7.png whMcU52.png WU1fzqg.png RuvEynF.png

Amazing! 😍

The first image will be perfect for the Deadfire version of my character.

• Like 1