People trolling the POE2 Steam site ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, Boeroer said:

The Outer Worlds (game that is developed by Obsidian right now) will only be available on the Epic Store (and Windows Store) for the first year, NOT Steam and GOG or any other platform. Console versions are not affected.

This was revealed several days ago - and the backlash from the gamer community was pretty overwhelming.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108935-the-outer-worlds-wont-launch-on-steam/

Frankly, I'll be waiting a year, then, if I ever buy it.  Chief objection is that whatever savings Epic is providing Obsidian/Microsoft will not be passed on to the customer--so it makes buying at the Epic Store a real yawner for me...;)   I like to buy from GOG, actually, because GOG provides me with my very own installable copy of the game and guarantees it to be free of pesky DRM.  So if the Epic store isn't saving *me* any money--I have no incentive to buy from them, eh?  Not only that, but in a year I can buy it much cheaper as it will probably be on GOG by then.  So I can wait.  But by then I may not even want it.  I'm simply not playing the "Help the publisher/dev but screw the customer" game.  Sorry--nope--not interested.  Why any *game customer* would think year-long exclusives on Epic is "good thing" beats me. 

• Like 1

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

On 4/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, thelee said:

most of us in the states can't understand it either

Basically, it's called a 3.2% GDP growth in the past quarter, the lowest total unemployment since the 1960's, and the lowest minority unemployment since the nation was founded.  Or, as a Bill Clinton fan once remarked, "It's the economy, stupid!"...;)  Pretty simple to understand, imo. 

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

On 4/9/2019 at 10:17 PM, Boeroer said:

If I understood correctly, those "special" reviews will not even get removed, but they won't count towards the overall rating anymore.

Here is one:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/15/valve-to-remove-off-topic-review-bombs-from-steam-user-scores/

I didn’t dig into the subject too much as I have been too busy to game lately and I am not sure if the feature was implemented already or not. 

From what I understand, steam is to track suspicious comments (speculation: filtering for certain words?, flags?, sudden spike in negative traffic?), then, in an un-like-Valve move, those suspicious reviews are to be inspected by real human and be tagged as “off topic” or not.

i remember reading, that users should able to decide if they want this content to be filtered out (not see it among the reviews and not contributing to the overall score) or not.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, waltc said:

Basically, it's called a 3.2% GDP growth in the past quarter, the lowest total unemployment since the 1960's, and the lowest minority unemployment since the nation was founded.  Or, as a Bill Clinton fan once remarked, "It's the economy, stupid!"...;)  Pretty simple to understand, imo. 

Obama enjoyed 8 quarters above 3%, which is why we tend to look at annual growth: 2.9% growth last year, 2.2% the year before that - same as 2015 and 2012 respectively. As for unemployment, the previous president could have made the same claim in 2016 and the current unemployment rate is continuing on a years-long linear trend (it's currently around 0.8% lower than when Trump took office). Jobs are a mixed bag as well, with Trump creating fewer in his first two years than Obama did in his last two years (and on track to go 0-4 by 2020 if projections hold). The trade deficit, meanwhile, is now the highest in U.S. history.

I won't respond/debate this further since it's obviously way off-topic, but when I see pro-Trump myth-making I can't help but drop some data. Have a nice day.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Thanks 2

i think microsoft buying obsidian may perhaps be a bad thing because the only game microsoft did that barely resembles poe and a crpg is Fable . i hope they dont try to make obsidian a copy of bethesda and ignore all obsidian CRPG titles. 

On 4/28/2019 at 10:49 PM, nouser said:

i think microsoft buying obsidian may perhaps be a bad thing because the only game microsoft did that barely resembles poe and a crpg is Fable . i hope they dont try to make obsidian a copy of bethesda and ignore all obsidian CRPG titles. 

You do realize that Dungeon Siege was published by Microsoft, right?

Eh, Fable was fun. It's shallow as hell, didn't follow through on it's promises, and doesn't have a whole lot of replay value to me, but I enjoyed playing it and that's really what's important.