Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I'm not against this as long as it doesn't involve more dismantlement of nation parks and nature reserves, and is given sufficient super-fund funding. Of course these things are always wrought with over-sites, hopefully decades of precedence is used to modernize these ventures compared to other nations and our past. Let's hope.

We'll all be dead of old age before the first shovel breaks ground. No matter where they choose to make the plant, droves of a-holes will swarm and chain themselves together, claiming this is the location of: bones / place of worship / or the two legged ass dragging turtle. And let us not forget the OP federal judges, who can overturn anything on their sole whim. :lol:

The Best Board Games of 2019

am embarrassed to admit we do not recall the dune game which were original released 1979 and reprinted in 1984. we were much involved in the pnp rpg scene from mid-late 70s forward and am suspecting every comic book store and hobby shop we frequented during those years woulda' had the dune game, but...

curious gap in our memory.

am thinking parks doesn't sound near as much fun as a few o' the other offerings. nevertheless looks pretty.

unmatched has whimsy value, but the base game contains only four different options. if you wanna add bruce lee, for example, to your list o' possible legends, you will need pay an additional $15. bigfoot and robin hood? $25 more. sorta embraces the d&d splat book model. will always be something new to sell you even if the base rules stay unchanged for years at a time.

am thinking we will be purchasing parks and dune... eventually.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

(Sorry for triple post)

When being the best Chess player in the world the last decade isn't enough

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/16/chess-champion-magnus-carlsen-top-of-world-fantasy-football-rankings-premier-league

what is left out o' the story is the winner o' the previous four seasons o' the fantasy league were a one-eyed goat with lead poisoning who chose her fantasy teams by eating pumpkins with random player names painted on 'em. goat finally died from heavy metal poisoning and so carlsen were able to slip into the winning slot.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

8 hours ago, Gromnir said:

what is left out o' the story is the winner o' the previous four seasons o' the fantasy league were a one-eyed goat with lead poisoning who chose her fantasy teams by eating pumpkins with random player names painted on 'em. goat finally died from heavy metal poisoning and so carlsen were able to slip into the winning slot.

HA! Good Fun!

Haha, I get your point, but there is a good deal of skill involved too. You have some guys who consistently finish in the top 1k (of around 6-7 millions) every season. It took my friends 4 seasons to realize that they don't really stand a chance against the know-how guys in our money leagues.

Breaking news: The government has not been completely truthful about UFO/UAP. Details at 11

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-real-reasons-the-us-government-is-so-secretive-about-ufos

Well, I for one welcome our new insect overlords.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Like 1

Russia is (supposedly) planning a moon base run by robots to track near earth objects:  https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/russia-build-moon-base-run-21118242

Sounds like a wonderful and wonderfully expensive idea.

I remember the Russian robot cop from a few years ago. I wonder if a few years in space this:

11.jpg

Becomes this:

GUEST_8661cecf-acdf-4175-b1ec-35199571a7

:lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell