Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

On 9/23/2019 at 11:35 PM, Gromnir said:

isn't all too clear but is it that big truck owners is protesting the fact electric cars may utilize reserved fueling spots in many locations? see as undeserved environmentalist privilege or something? y'know, 'cause.

that's a thing now?

HA! Good Fun!

Sorry, I totally missed this.

Not sure about the incident in the article but I looked it up because a friend who lives in Florida, because of course it's going to be Florida, had this happen to him. The spots were in the back of a parking lot and a couple of the trucks were "rolling coal" so it's likely just a reactionary thing.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49933003

In a suit filed on 20 September, it is claimed a crypto-currency called "GayCoin" was delivered via a smartphone app, rather than the Bitcoin he had ordered.

Crypto-currency is basically virtual money - like an online version of cash - and Bitcoin and GayCoin are some of those currencies

According to the complaint, the GayCoin crypto-currency arrived with a note saying: "Don't judge until you try".

"I thought, in truth, how can I judge something without trying? I decided to try same-sex relationships," the complainant wrote.

"Now I have a boyfriend and I do not know how to explain this to my parents."

Edited by Malcador
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

52 minutes ago, Raithe said:

am admitted intrigued by this. no, am not particular interested in using blood as a substitute for egg, but rather the reverse. obviously the flavor produced by egg and blood is different, but is a number o' recipes we use which call for non-human blood both to flavor and thicken. haven't actual tried in any baking however, though there is a pancake recipe...

try and convince some folks to try czernina or black pudding is not easy, and doesn't strike us as fair or ethical to trick folks into tasting w/o informing. am curious if we could approximate similar flavor w/o needing use actual blood... kinda get a person's feet wet, so to speak, so maybe they is then curious enough to try the authentic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 10/6/2019 at 2:43 AM, Raithe said:

blood img

Blood pancakes is a traditional dish in Scandinavia (wouldn't surprise me if it came from the Sami people up North). I don't think many people make them anymore, but supposedly it tastes very good.

Edited by Maedhros

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

57 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

"Invictus" is Bell helicopters bid for attack recon aircraft.  Looks like they leveraged much of the cancelled Comanche.

I'll take 2, his and hers.

Soon to be choplifting and airwolfing in a city near you

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I'll take 2, his and hers.

Soon to be choplifting and airwolfing in a city near you

Go with the AH-6s, you can pretend you're a D-Boy in Mogadishu every time you go to work.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

David Tenant reading Vampire Stories for Halloween

Although probably not the fan base for it  here.. but you never know who might want ot pass it on.

am not a vampire fan, but we couldn't help recall the james earl jone reading o' the raven for the simpsons.

have james earl jones, ian mcshane or christopher walken read most edgar allan poe or other spooky stuff would be gold. david tenant is ok too.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have heard Walken reading The Raven.

It is a fairly popular one for certain celebrity types to do...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

9 hours ago, ShadySands said:

"By the time agents walked out of Milner's apartment, they'd taken 906 live psychedelic mushrooms, 20.42 ounces of dried mushrooms, an iPhone X, a computer tower, three T-shirts with a logo for Happy Fox Edibles, a brown leather-bound notebook, and packaging with a logo that matched the T-shirts."

confession: what stuck with us from the article is Happy Fox Edibles. 

am not a recreational drug user, but can't help but wonder if purchasing a happy fox edibles t-shirt is possible. 'course we would wanna see logo.

HA! Good Fun!