The game looked far more stable before the Turn-Based feature

Enurale

Question

Dear Obsidian,

The game looked more stable before the Turn-Based feature, there is too many; item, function, crash, graphic etc. issue atm.

Of course you know much more than players about fixing methods but, can't the real time system and the Turn Based system be designed as "totally" two separate modules or even two separate games with seperated download? It seems as though many problems are being created by the turn-based system added later and it can be a solution to revert to a version where the real-time game is more stable. (this can be harder than fixing, i dont know, just thinking)

I really, really love this game but i'm actually waiting for a big fix-box update before continuing. If my thoughts are a false prediction, please excuse me.

Thanks!

Edited by Enurale
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

What issues have you experienced while playing? I've been playing in both modes and everything seemed to be working fine...

4.1 introduced several new bugs, most notably breaking AoE weapon afflictions. There are also bugs present since release (quest givers and shop owners permanently disappearing in Serpent's Crown, certain enemies becoming untargetable/unkillable) that still have yet to be fully squashed.

I'm starting to worry that the development focus is shifting toward turn-based mode to the detriment of the base game/RTwP. 

• Like 1

What issues have you experienced while playing? I've been playing in both modes and everything seemed to be working fine...

afflictions are not properly being dispelled anymore, i don't know about you, but for my play style on potd+challenges+upscaling, this is pretty bad.

• Like 1

afflictions are not properly being dispelled anymore, i don't know about you, but for my play style on potd+challenges+upscaling, this is pretty bad.

Actually ther is too many things which is not working properly, i started another threat before this one about a weapon bug for example and other people replied most of (or all) "double damage type weapons" carries same bugs againts "damage type inmmue" mobs. Also you can see many thread about bugs which appered after new module. And im a player like thelee, im only playing to create best builds for "upscaled-potd-no rest-party/solo", so most of out of main story bugs crucial for me. Also i dont like unstableness of no-rest buffs, i never able to have same buffs for my all characters, status of these buffs ever-changing and buggy. IMO all buffs which erased by rest, must be stackable, overriding method about one time buffes isnt enjoyable for this playstyle(like rest food buff overrided by "good food, best friends" buff). This is an event which appeared for everyone and overriding method restricsts some of choices which i prefer to use because of my no-rest approach, i cant use some of lines. This is only an example, this buffes sometimes stacking sometimes not and thats annoying. Outside of this i saw many weapon / gear trait and buffs and debuff status effects not working properly.

And another annoying bug: While play no-rest run, we cant see properly our buff/debuffs while mouseover on character portraits, because there is too many effects. In this case, mouseovering shows only one random effect from the list, not the whole list and we cant see our "active incombat buffs and debuffs with their names" there is no way for this, (active effects list, in the character sheet, not shows this buffs and debuffs wtih name and effects, the only way to see thids ones mouseovering and that not forking) game shows nowhere this effects.

I didnt do a list for all bugs which i encountered, but im waiting for a serious patch about item/damage type/status effects/triggered conversations. I dont know if its intended but actually there is infinite money and item gain method ingame. And many of conversations repeatable and you can gain infinite reputation from this lines.

Also there is a movement bug (unnaturally fast movement after reload) and mouse cursor bug which prevents cliccking some reachable areas. Most of bugs minor but still annoying and i think most of them appearted after turn-based module.

Ill add a bug-list if i decide to play again but you can see most of buggs on already opened threads.

Edited by Enurale
  • Like 1

I've noticed that too when using T2 afflictions on enemies with the proper Resistance: the downgraded affliction sticks.

I'm just on a turn based playthrough and I have to say, I'm still having freeze issues. Especially during combat, which is particularly tiresome if you spent ten minutes fighting and on the last enemy the game simply freezes with sound still playing in the background. I also got inventory freezups, for some odd reason mainly with Serafen. Levelling him can be a chore with several tries.

Am I to assume, the issue with nvidia cards still hasn't been resolved?

I'm just on a turn based playthrough and I have to say, I'm still having freeze issues. Especially during combat, which is particularly tiresome if you spent ten minutes fighting and on the last enemy the game simply freezes with sound still playing in the background. I also got inventory freezups, for some odd reason mainly with Serafen. Levelling him can be a chore with several tries.

Am I to assume, the issue with nvidia cards still hasn't been resolved?

what is your system? i played with both a 1060 and a 2080 ti and didn't have any issues that severe.