Should KOTOR 2 have muliplayer?

Multi-player is definitely NOT necessary. Wether or not it's a good thing can be debated though (but I'm not going to, that horse has been beaten to death a few times).

Examples of good RPGs without multiplayer includes: Fallout 1 & 2 and Planescape: Torment.

I say yes to multiplayer. I really don't feel all that movtivated to go through a second time when I already know the story. Multiplayer would help alleviate that and add to replay value. This is, of course, assuming that 'Project X' is KOTOR 2

I'd say KOTOR isn't a game that would be significantly improved with multiplayer, as SP is its strength. Heck, some stories require only one main character (take the Revan thing for example) and lets the protagonist be the focus.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I don't play MP in cRPG's, that's not why I buy them. I play for the SP part of it, so I would say no. But if people want it, then I don't really care. I just won't use it. As long as the SP part of the game doesn't suffer because of the dev time devoted to MP, I'll be happy.

I would have to say Single Player only...

Multiplayer is nice, but most RPGs don't lend themselves well to it, plot-wise and engine-wise. The main problem with adding it in for the sake of it, is that it always feels either poorly done (BG1/2) or destroys the single player side of things (NWN). Something has to be the primary focus, and that has to be Single Player...

It makes sense, especially seeing as you play with NPCs anyway.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I don't think multiplayer is important element for RPGs. MMORPGs provides good opportunity for people who want more social interactions, and many interesting multiplayer modes already exist in FPS.

We need more single player RPGs like Morrowind, KoTOR, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, etc.

I don't play mulitplayer, therefore every game I ever play should not have multiplayer. Thank you.

i agree. (but if any of you gives me a top nothc comp, i might change my mind :), not that anyone cares :D )

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Coop wouldn't take too long to add mabye.

Coop on the consoles is also pretty good if you're bored.

If it's a pc game only, no coop please. MP sucks the life out of everything and spawns horrible fans. Terriblific!

>*

i neither care for kotor2, nor for multiplayer mode in an rpg. so if anyone would want me to buy kotor2, they should invest a lot of time in an interesting single player plot. that said, i hope obsidian isn't working on kotor2, but on something else. a hope that might soon be destroyed by reality :lol:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority