The Political Thread - Hobbes Edition

Amentep

This has nothing to do with the right though.

The left is at war with the USA while the right and non-lefty's are at war with no-one. If only people would open their eyes and see that lefty's vs lefty's is a common now rather than being a non-existent thing.

May you all forever reflect on this pic, in your younger days you had more energy and were more intelligent. In your older days, you are as canines who cannot learn, stubborn within the forgotten nexus. I understand that the internet is our way of voicing things but as a non-republican and non-democratic, I am up to speed with the tricks of the left and the hypocrisy/manipulative incentives of their blind followers.

Kick rocks kids, we are the doom of our own failures. Best we stop blamimg others and move on, to continue growth the only way possibly. Time for Americans to start acting like Americans, something that hasn't really been done since beforethe 1930's anyway. Any History majors here?

post-173997-0-13196400-1540482332_thumb.jpg

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

What does 'acting like Americans' involve ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leftwing vs rightwing shenanigans are almost as amusing to watch as smokers vs non-smokers.

*tips* 

VZwjbnl.jpg

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In other news, another US territory has been hit with a hurricane. History teaches us the air and sea ports overflowing with aid is ineffective so before we lose another ~500000 how can we get ahead of this? Drain the ocean? HALO drops from orbit to each individual residence? :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/saudi-arabia-says-khashoggis-killing-was-premeditated-in-latest-reversal/2018/10/25/d517f406-d7c4-11e8-8384-bcc5492fef49_story.html

Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor said on Thursday that Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a planned operation, citing information it received from Turkish investigators in Istanbul, according to a statement from the kingdom’s Foreign Ministry.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Huh, I think SonicMage's schtick might be even better here in politics than it is in the gaming threads. I mean, maybe it's a bit too obvious to get the same reactions, but the comedy is there. I hope we all appreciate the work that goes into this stuff. 

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

Seems like 800 soldiers (possibly some or all from NG) will be sent to the border to build tents, etc.   Reading some comments about this, some edgy people or nutjobs want combat operations carried out on unarmed people though :lol:

"I get the impression that we have a lot more right wingers here than left wingers, but the right wingers see themselves as some sort of oppressed minority and they need to really double down on the rhetoric all the time. Just my impression."

Who here do you think is Republican?

I'd say most people here are more nuanced  than simply one side or another. But, I get it. You are a SJW Nazi so anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you is some extreme right wing Nazi nut. L0OL

As for the nutcase student president who wants wipe away history cause of her sexism. It says a lot that the students' union she is supposedly president of basically eleased a statement saying she is a poopyhead and doesn't represent them... after they likely are the ones who voted her in. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But, I get it. You are a SJW Nazi so anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you is some extreme right wing Nazi nut. L0OL

Says the guy who has me thinking who ISN'T a Nazi to him :p

• Like 1

Huh, I think SonicMage's schtick might be even better here in politics than it is in the gaming threads. I mean, maybe it's a bit too obvious to get the same reactions, but the comedy is there. I hope we all appreciate the work that goes into this stuff.

What exactly do you think is comical about my comments? I think everyone's opinion here is equally a joke if mine is, I mean, defending and opposing political viewpoints on a forum was never exactly deemed "normal" ot worth anyone's time but this is just for fun (as a casual forums should be).

And where are the righty's you speak of? Or that just an assumption based on people speaking out that they do not like with where leftists are? Surely this is all just forum politics after all.

Nobody. I'm not assuming either, the context per seen daily shows me what the forum members believe enough to make a proper assessment.

I'm going to leave you all now with this phrase which triggers the leftists..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Hopefully no one gets triggered here now, but if I say that I'm a patriotic extremist by today's standard :lol:

Pecan and waffles, if you don't like the breakfast, then you shouldn't have woken up! #WokeAmerican #ProudShroud #LargeMarge

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I get the impression that we have a lot more right wingers here than left wingers, but the right wingers see themselves as some sort of oppressed minority and they need to really double down on the rhetoric all the time. Just my impression. :p

How are you getting oppressed on a videogame forum? If you're not posting illegal or nsfw work images then nothings going to happen to you.

I get the impression that we have a lot more right wingers here than left wingers, but the right wingers see themselves as some sort of oppressed minority and they need to really double down on the rhetoric all the time. Just my impression. :p

That's been the right-wing's schtick at least since the right-wing was literally invented, back in 18th century France. Justified or not, they must always be reacting against the international conspiracy to sap and impurify their precious bodily fluids oppression of progressives.

BTW guys, I get the feeling that the weird Poe experiment we've got going on in the last few pages is getting out of hand...

If you aren't getting 1000 sorosbux a week to cuck the white race then you're missing out.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"I get the impression that we have a lot more right wingers here than left wingers, but the right wingers see themselves as some sort of oppressed minority and they need to really double down on the rhetoric all the time. Just my impression."

It's interesting that we go straight to Right = Republican, when I'm not really sure that is the case. My wife is a lifelong registered Republican, but she didn't vote for Trump or support Cavanaugh. Trump himself was a lifelong democrat until he wasn't. 

Heck, I vote for Republicans as often as I do Democrats, and some folks here think I'm as leftist as it gets. :p

Thanks for answering my question. Typical politician. L0L

Registered Republicans? Maybe Gfted1, smjjames, and chilloutman.

Right wring caricatures - Sharpie and SonicMage at present, but we've had some great ones over the years.

• Like 1

Have you ever sat for jury duty? Naturally, I got selected for a trail and its godawful. I gladly give up my right to waste a vote in a state that always grants its electoral votes to the Demecratic party anyway if it gets me out of ever having jury duty again. And the other jurors are like that kid in class who always has ANOTHER question even after everyone else got it. *shudder*

Did you mean Bush Jr? Sr only had one term.

Youre right. I must have voted for his losing effort?

If you aren't getting 1000 sorosbux a week to cuck the white race then you're missing out.

The whole white race? Sounds like a lot of work. On the other hand, if I hadn't quit studying Russian, I'm sure Oby could have hooked a brother up. Dagnabbit.

Does it count that I am registered candidate for right wing party?

"dirty commie..."

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'll be honest, I feel like these bombs probably came from someone who either really hates the establishment DNC and is a super far lefty. Or is from some super supporter that wanted a harmless but threatening gesture to drum up a particular expedient party narrative at a critical moment.

I just don't see this coming from someone on the right. I don't think they would connect those targets as being the one's that would engender the desired emotional shading. Politically it would backfire for someone on the right.

Nearly all domestic terrorism these days is right wing. Also, 'harmless'? Really?

It's a bit over 3 times higher, the leftist variety isn't non-existent. I'd also expect a leftist version as being more subvert and more likely designed to fail than the right wing version. Based on who the targets were it seems like a struggle within the left establishment as opposed to someone trying to fight across the aisle.

By harmless I meant that the attack was suppose to fail and be caught. With the threat of harm as the intended message.