What did you do today?

Amentep

That's definetly worse, I'm looking at a couple of months at most. I guess I just got alot of time to read my Conan rpg books though.

A little over a year ago I managed to crush my right hand at work, couldn't play any serious games for about a month..

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Injured myself at work. Again.

The doctor says mallet finger and I'm getting an xray tomorrow. Atleast it's the left hand. Downside is it's the W finger... #gamer

Edit; Also, got a shot of morphine, no effect. #fml?

Hope that heals quick.  Are you sure they didn't try to give you a placebo ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That sucks Azdeus, hope it heals quick. In the meantime forget the pain killers. Let me tell you about the wonderful anesthetizing qualities of fine single batch bourbon whiskey. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I spent far too much money on wine today. It's the official "Burgundy release" in Norway today (2016 vintage). So now I have to wait 10-20-30 years to figure out whether it was worth it!

There are no 5-10 bucks wine in Norway. However, fine wine is relatively cheap here. The most famous wine in the world, Romanee-Conti, cost under $6000 here, and above $20.000 in the global market. It's in extremely limited supply though. The guy who got one of the three bottles of that wine slept outside the store for 16 days. He could've sold it for a really nice profit, but he said he'd keep it. I find it a bit strange that more people don't buy a lot of these wines and sell them abroad, can't think of an easier way to make a lot of cash quick.

Fun fact - there are no privately owned wine shops here. Only the Wine monopoly (owned by the state) are allowed to sell liquor with above 4,75% alcohol. It sounds terrible, but far from it. They have a range of 17k products that you can order from their website directly to your local shop free of charge, and the people who work there are extremely competent and concerned with quality. I'd argue it's probably among the best wine shops in the world.

(So, nazis as Volo would call them - but competent nazis).

((Sweden has a similar system - but not quite as good in terms of fine wine).

• Like 2

Thanks for the well wishes you guys :) Turns out that the fingertip is definetly broken, but they can't tell if the tendon has been damaged yet, it's too swollen. But the nail is well and proper ****ed aswell, so it's going to drop off in a while, and I'm not looking forward to that. And since there is an open wound aswell there is a very high risk of infection, and those tend to travel along the tendons, so I have to be very observant of colouration changes.

Hope that heals quick.  Are you sure they didn't try to give you a placebo ? :p

Yeah, unfortunately. Got more today when I was sitting in the ER and started shaking from the pain. They were quite... dissapointed when nothing helped.

That sucks Azdeus, hope it heals quick. In the meantime forget the pain killers. Let me tell you about the wonderful anesthetizing qualities of fine single batch bourbon whiskey.

Oh yeah, the best painkillers I've tried so far is my rum ;)

Edit; Also, while there they called a therapist specialized in hands to get a splint for the finger. It's quite embarrassing, but she totally recognized me from when I crushed my hand last time xD

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well it sounds like you are in good hands, AZ.

Defintely! I have to say, the doctor was amazing too. Though her choice of black panties under tight white scrubs might be... questionable...

I definetly didn't complain though. Perving was great anesthesia ^^'

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

This.

A little bit of whiskey or some good scotch will take care of things. No need for painkillers.

I wish you good health, Azdeus.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's cloudy, rain expected later. And to make things worse it's a few ticks below freezing. But f--k it. That fence ain't gonna build itself. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well it sounds like you are in good hands, AZ.

Though her choice of black panties under tight white scrubs might be... questionable...

That sounds like a PHENOMENAL choice. :shifty: Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had to take my son to a birthday party at a bowling alley, but I also needed to drop my RV off to storage, so I asked the host if I could run out for an hour. I dropped off the RV and started riding the 15 miles back on my bike, when the heavens opened up and drenched me. It was cold, my shoes filled with water, and I could barely see. I got home, dried off as best as I could, and made it back to the party.

The point of this story is I'd rather be getting drenched on the bike than to be at a bowling alley for a kid's birthday party.

• Like 3

I had to take my son to a birthday party at a bowling alley,

A friend and I spent the Saturday afternoon playing bowling... i feel really butt-hurt today and I mean that in the literal sense of the word :lol:

I was trying to remember when I played bowling the last time, which I think was 17 years ago. Arms and shoulders are fine, but my poor lower back was just not used to the slightly "crouched" movement before letting go of the ball.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I’m so sad that BPRD series is ending in a matter of months. Of course, the Mignolaverse will live on through miniseries and the like set in the past, but it’ll probably be the last time we ever see Hellboy.  ;(

Not just Hellboy, There are so many cool agents like Liz, Abe, Howards, Johann, Daimio, Enos, Kate, Roger and Panya. 

WuphaZG.jpg

Edited by misterjimmy

Taking the next three days off work to go to Brownsville for fence building. I'd rather be in my warm, dry office, but spring waits for no one. 

Thomas Sowell

Have a 5 day weekend coming up so that is basically motivation for this week

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nah, have some chores to do around the house as well as some studying I keep procrastinating doing to play games like the junkie I am. 

I may be exciting and try the Thai restaurant nearby for lunch :lol:

• Like 1

Friend is getting married next month, I can't attend but need a good wedding gift but nothing comes to mind.  What's a good wedding gift ? General is fine, may spark something more personal in my mind.