Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTF happened to Xbox? Where are the REAL exclusives? "Console" and "timed" aka FAKE exclusives are NOT enough.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

ktchong

ktchong

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

I do not own an Xbox One or Xbox One X.  Last year, I bought a Playstation 4 to play Horizon: Zero Dawn as well as the The Uncharted series and The Last of Us.  This year, I got to play  God of War 4,  Spider-man, and (IMO) underrated Detroit: Become Human.  All those games are real exclusives on the PS4.

So, the shopping season is coming up.  I am looking at the game library of Xbox One... it literally has almost NO exclusives.  The only good "exclusives" it has are console or timed (no longer) exclusives, which I also call FAKE exclusives because they are not real exclusives.  If I can play the games on my preferred platform PC, why should  I spend money to buy a console to play them???  WHY??  I literally could NOT think of a reason to buy an Xbox One or Xbox One X.

IMO, Microsoft's BIG blunder was to lose Bioware as an exclusive developer, (i.e., Mass Effect used to be an Xbox exclusive.) Now that Playstation has the highly-acclaimed exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn, (which is a Bioware-style RPG that will become a trilogy,) Xbox really needs an exclusive RPG series that can compete with Horizon to stay in the game. Horizon is the main reason why I own a PS4 but not an Xbox One.

BTW, if you are thinking about buying a console as a gift for someone this Christmas, please do not buy an Xbox One or Xbox One X.  For that person's sake of good gaming, buy a PS4 instead because, "Xbox has no (exclusives) games" is real.

Edited by ktchong, 09 October 2018 - 11:31 AM.

ktchong

ktchong

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

Edited by ktchong, 09 October 2018 - 11:12 AM.

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Don't you worry. Obsidian will be Xbox exclusive soon enough.

• ShadySands, IndiraLightfoot and SonicMage117 like this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3303 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just so I understand, you don't own an Xbox and are upset they don't have any/many exclusives because you want to be forced to buy another console to play games?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

LOL

ktchong

ktchong

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

Unless Microsoft fixes its "Xbox has no exclusive" problem, I predict the next-generation Xbox will be the final-generation Xbox. Frankly, I think this-generation Xbox (Xbox One and Xbox One X) is already dead in the water.  PS4 has sold 85+ million units while Xbox One has sold LESS THAN HALF of that at 39 million units. No one is buying Xbox One because it does not have exclusives. (Okay, not "no one", but less than half of the number of people who bought a PS4.)

Microsoft has been on an acquisition frenzy recently, buying up five or six game studios. It is obviously the last-ditch attempt to fix the lack-of-exclusive problem. However, it will take at least five years from the time of the acquisitions to finally putting out some good exclusives. That is not fast or soon enough to save Xbox One/Xbox One X. The best Microsoft can hope for is to save the next-generation Xbox in the console's mid-life cycle.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3811 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
No worries, there will be soon loads of xbox exclusives soon, because they are pushing cloud based game streaming, like OnLive failure never happened. With ongoing war against net neutrality, Soon you will have sweet option to pay for required bandwith and subscription in three months as much as you would normaly pay for new console, which stays yours forever. *cheers*

Edited by Mamoulian War, 09 October 2018 - 12:10 PM.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9097 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Enough people lack a decent gaming PC for Xbone to still be a decent seller.
  • SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I really wish that Microsoft would be smart enough to do 2 exclusives:

That dragon one - whatever it was called, it looked amazing like Devil May Cry mixed with Monster Hunter.

And...

Sunset Overdrive 2. The first game was amazingly well designed, everything about it was great but sadly nobody bought it so lalala whatever. Lalala it doesn't matter.

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Three words: I hate exclusives.

• ShadySands, AwesomeOcelot, algroth and 2 others like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9345 posts

Obsidian will make Xbone great again.

LittleAmadillo0

LittleAmadillo0

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts

That dragon one - whatever it was called, it looked amazing like Devil May Cry mixed with Monster Hunter.

Scalebound by Platinum Games. Apparently when Microsoft backed out of it, Platinum almost shut down.

If Neir Automata didn't come out, when it did, they would have been in deeper trouble.

• SonicMage117 likes this

ktchong

ktchong

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

Enough people lack a decent gaming PC for Xbone to still be a decent seller.

Most people do not know that, with the same amount of money for an Xbox One ($300) or Xbox One X ($500), you can actually build a PC with comparable if not better performance.  Here are the instructions and recipes:

https://www.reddit.c...ace/wiki/builds

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9097 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Most people cannot build a PC.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7846 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Most people cannot build a PC.

It is why we are the elite.
  • Mamoulian War and IndiraLightfoot like this

ktchong

ktchong

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

BTW, you want to build or buy a new PC NOW before January before Trump's tariffs on Chinese imports start in January.  Prices for components and parts will go up by as much as 25%.

Edited by ktchong, 09 October 2018 - 04:01 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It's pretty much the opposite of PS4 lmao

If you don't have one, you miss out on some amazing games that you'll never experience (you can't emulate the exclusives for obvious reasons). So no matter how beefy the pc you build, the PS4 will always win. The sad truth. But pc will always be my main cuz... indies!!!

Manveru123

Manveru123

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 837 posts

Sony publishes these exclusives themselves, this is why Xbox doesn't get them. "Normal" publishers make more money by releasing on all platforms, but Sony obviously won't do that.

I own PS4 and not Xbox only because I'm a huge fan of jRPG so it makes sense for me to own a console created by a japanese company :)

• Mamoulian War and SonicMage117 like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah Sony has always done amazing with Jrpg whether console or handhelds like Vita. PC is just now starting to catch up on Jrpg with titles like Dragon Quest but I doubt it will ever catch up to Sony at that end. Plus the ports are better on console usually anyway.

Edited by SonicMage117, 10 October 2018 - 06:45 AM.

Fenixp

Fenixp

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Huh. So you're one of the mysterious people who would cheer in a crowd for a publisher announcing exclusivity which both actively hurts consumer and the title in question (except for titles developed in-house, of course)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users