Arkemyr's old robe not working?

Nirwanda

Question

I'm trying to infiltrate Arkemyr's manor but wearing his robes (even though I talked to his assistant and read the note for the passphrase) seem to do nothing. Unless now you need to pass a bluff check of 8 to fool the imps. Which I doubt since I get that bluff option whether I'm wearing his robe or not.

BTW I'm using the latest Beta patch.

16 answers to this question

I am having the exact same issue (beta patch from today/no mods).

I also noticed, and I'd never seen this before, that if you infiltrate via the 2nd floor of his shop by throwing a line with the athletics check, a golem will move in a way that keeps you from getting to the door getting to the check with Yellow Eye 3.  You can sneak past or fight it.  I like this change if it works reliably, but I'm not sure it's intended.

Hey everyone,

Just to update everyone else, I've sent this information to the team to be investigated and get any needed fixes in for a future patch.  You can view the post I originally responded to here.

Also, thanks for the save file Nirwanda ;)

Actually I no longer think this is a bug by itself, I suspect I entered the manor earlier and triggered the hostile reaction. I've tried different older saves and there is indeed a moment after which the saves have a new journal entry about finding the manor entrance and imps are hostile after that.

Same thing happened with me last weak. Playing on PS4 with the latest updates, and I've tried break into the mansion by the grappling hook and by the bathhouse (disarming the trap by the wall). 

After leaving Alkemyr's rooms, the construct gets in the preventing the party to proceed peacefully. All imps turn hostile even using the Right Robes and having the passcode.

Sincerely, I've lost the will to play the game after expending a entire week searching online for a workaround and found none.