Is The Ranger Marked For Prey Spell Accuracy Bonus Intentional?

@op

Have you seen the fighters first level perception and graze to hit and hit to crit conversion (once upgraded) active ability ?

This is far more powerful then the rangers marked prey because it is not single target. So if you throw a fireball it will buff the entire AOE. Marked prey will only effect one enemy in the fireball blast. The fighters accuracey buff will also work with single target spells.

Edited by Teclis23

@op

Have you seen the fighters first level perception and graze to hit and hit to crit conversion (once upgraded) active ability ?

This is far more powerful then the rangers marked prey because it is not single target. So if you throw a fireball it will buff the entire AOE. Marked prey will only effect one enemy in the fireball blast. The fighters accuracey buff will also work with single target spells.

On the other side marked pray works for everyone in the team and can't be resisted... Is much better vs boss for example. And the upgraded version apply for free to another enemy when you get the kill, so is pretty spammable also in normal encounters.

@op

For a Seer, especially a Beguiler, the +10 accuracy added to the spell cast is amazing, significantly increasing the chance an enemy will be charmed or paralysed. I rather like it.

@op

On the other side marked pray works for everyone in the team and can't be resisted... Is much better vs boss for example. And the upgraded version apply for free to another enemy when you get the kill, so is pretty spammable also in normal encounters.

marked prey works for everyone in your team not just the ranger? Really?

Like with the Paladin in PoE, a Ranger/Cipher can be an awesome charmer in Deadfire. Some accuracy bonuses (Marked Prey, Stalker's Link, Survival of the Fittest) work with single target spells like Whisper of Treason, making a crit-charm verly likely.

Also Takedown Combo + those acc buffs + a single target damage spell like Sunlance, Killing Bolt, Divine Mark, Pillar of Faith and so on do really hurt. +125% damage on a high base damage attack is paying off nicely. I actually never tested how DoTs like Disintegrate behave with that damage bonus of Takedown Combo.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@ Boeroer: yes, chiper/ranger is one of my fav class combination. Like you said you get awesome and cheap accuracy boosts. Anoter "feature" is that , as a ranger, you will *always* have a "allied target" around. For solo is very useful, since you can actually use soul shock, amplified wave, ecc

Disintegrate is already so powerful that i wouldn't even try testing, or at least do that in secret or a mega nerf will come :D

@Teclis23 : yes

Spellcasters benefitting from multiclassing... intentionally? That's not Obsidian i know.

Almost worth missing out on those power levels eh? Add the ring of the elements or whatever it is called and a Geomancer, for example, will get a whopping +20 accuracy bonus with Chill Fog, Fireball and every other elemental spell.

Spellcasters benefitting from multiclassing... intentionally? That's not Obsidian i know.

Almost worth missing out on those power levels eh? Add the ring of the elements or whatever it is called and a Geomancer, for example, will get a whopping +20 accuracy bonus with Chill Fog, Fireball and every other elemental spell.

But only Survival of the Fittest works on all enemies you target with a Fireball etc. Stalker's Link only works on the enemy you attack with the pet and Marked Prey ony on the one you marked - I mean you can mark several enemies of course, but I don't know it that's worth it.

I wonder how Soul Ignition works if you use Ring of Focused Flame, Marked Prey, Stalker's Link and Survival otF on the enemy (+40 ACC). Is this also one of the powers where lower INT and a graze are better ( :facepalm: )?

Marked Prey/Marked for the Hunt only works for the ranger and his animal companion.

Really? I was sure it added +10 accuracy for every attack made at the marked enemy. It is only for ranger and pet?

Thinking better i haven't used a ranger in a party since the beta, so maybe something was changed at some point. Sorry to gave the wrong information.

For soul ignition: total dmg actually benefits from higher int, a lowe int lowers the dmg. No disintegration-like shananigans sadly.

Marked Prey/Marked for the Hunt only works for the ranger and his animal companion.

Really? I was sure it added +10 accuracy for every attack made at the marked enemy. It is only for ranger and pet?

Paladin's Coordinated Attacks work like this. Except it's passive so pala needs to be attacking selected target.

Vancian =/= per rest.

I tested it right before posting (to be 100% sure). It only works for ranger + animal companion.

Since Soul Ignition targets fortitude a ranger/cipher with Marked Prey, Stalker's Link, Survival of the Fittest, Ring of Focused Flame and Body Blows (morning star) should work nicely. Equivalent of 65 bonus accuracy... I guess Borrowed Instinct and Tactical Meld also stack?

Edited by Boeroer

Paladin's Coordinated Attacks work like this. Except it's passive so pala needs to be attacking selected target.

??? Paladins doesn't have coordinated attack in poe2 afaik