Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

One of the highlights of last summer's tour, Runaway Jim (or Jimalope to some) as it's been dubbed is a threading of Runaway Jim → Run Like An Antelope → Runaway Jim → Run Like An Antelope → Makisupa Policeman → Run Like An Antelope with references to Thread thrown in. One need not be a Phish fan to appreciate the music, but if one is already familiar with these tunes you know this is one hell of a plate of exceptional awesomesauce.

Thread, a song played only twice before this show, preceded Runaway Jim in what was already one hell of a second set. One can only hope that future Thread performances will mean similar awesomesauce is soon to be served.

Unusually and fortunately, Phish has kept this whole show available, and it can be seen here.

Edited by Valsuelm

first music we ever bought for our self were queen's the game... on 8-track. however, the first music ever bought for Gromnir were a christmas present back in 1976.  had listened to our grandfather's small vinyl collection, which were heavy on jazz (ack) and classical, but for some reason, we got 

as a present. had never heard o' supertramp, but am recalling how cool the album cover looked to us.  played the album 'bout a million times, 'cause were the only one we had.  am not a prog rock guy, but got a serious soft spot for supertramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfJcwWFf6Y

is funny, but we remember smells when listening:  Grandmother making cornbread; the subtle mildew stink from the corner o' our room where the dry rot were just becoming visible through the wall, that ozone smell you can almost taste even before you see a thunderstorm coming out o' the black hills. 

still have no idea what made our grandparents get us a supertramp record, not that it matters.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

might as well get it out of our system...

am knowing we said we ain't considering self a prog rock fan, but in addition to supertramp, am also liking yes

and rush

is not as if we listen to rush, yes and supertramp frequent, but might be a bit misleading to say we don't like prog w/o mentioning our appreciation for the aforementioned bands. but heck, we never even owned a black 2112 starman logo t-shirt.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

once a year, at most, we make a jazz offering on these boards. we think o' it as akin to dressing up on halloween to fool the demons and ghosts.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

once a year, at most, we make a jazz offering on these boards. we think o' it as akin to dressing up on halloween to fool the demons and ghosts.

HA! Good Fun!

If it's gotta be one jazz track per year, Charles Mingus is always a great choice. :) I have a totally unfounded suspicion you might enjoy Neil Ardley's A Symphony of Amaranths:

Could be wrong of course, but have a listen anyway and let me know your thoughts.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden