That a very sadly but I can't kill him without Arcana scrolls with my BDD builds (mostly because  of beam tick, it cause -2 sec for my buffs). This is testing fight with 4x Storm of Holy Fire scrolls

P.S I really hate to say that but Paladin with his passive regen and +4 armor and +15 defenses, +10 ACC now look even stronger than their predecessors from PoE 1 for such long fights
  Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

That a very sadly but I can't kill him without Arcana scrolls with my BDD builds (mostly because  of beam tick, it cause -2 sec for my buffs). This is testing fight with 4x Storm of Holy Fire scrolls

P.S I really hate to say that but Paladin with his passive regen and +4 armor and +15 defenses, +10 ACC now look even stronger than their predecessors from PoE 1 for such long fights

Yeah i see. I m really curious, which build now can beat the dragon without much of a problem on potd upscaled solo.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Yeah i see. I m really curious, which build now can beat the dragon without much of a problem on potd upscaled solo.

Near any Paladin/x combination, 18AR and 10HP per 3sec + 5 from Ring of great regeneration make you near invincible

I  also don't have problem with my Ranger/Cipher build (with Red Hand)

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Lol

Dude that isn’t neriscrylas that’s a different dragon

Why? Because he's not in his natural habitat? :)

He used the console to spawn it - it is Neriscyrlas. You really should watch the videos before commenting. :)

Lol

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Near any Paladin/x combination, 18AR and 10HP per 3sec + 5 from Ring of great regeneration make you near invincible

Hmm, there are not any youtube videos that show a paladin multiclass to do it or? And which skills do you mean for 18 AR / 10 HP 3 sec? I rarely played paladin.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Hmm, there are not any youtube videos that show a paladin multiclass to do it or? And which skills do you mean for 18 AR / 10 HP 3 sec? I rarely played paladin.

mant2si is referring to the Paladin's Stoic Steel ability, the Paladin's Exalted Endurance talent, and the Goldpact Paladin's special Sworn Rival benefit (which doesn't stack with Exalted Endurance, but is still awfully nice until it runs out). 

And mant2si is completely right -- solo PotD is much easier with tanky builds than purely offense-focused ones, and Paladin is the tankiest class in the game. 

I beat her with upscaled PotD solo, without using any consumables, or making use of any of the spirits I'd liberated. I just used Sworn Rival, then ran up and auto-attacked, and used a Lay on Hands whenever my health dropped into the 50s. (I did use an empower to refresh Lay on Hands uses near the end.)

I'd make a video, but I have no idea how to make a video... : P

To give you concrete details, here's the exact build I used, with the following equipment:

Weapon: Animancer's energy blade 

Shield: Bronlar's Phalanx

Armor: Blackened Plate Armor (though any legendary plate would do)

Head: Copperhead's Helm

Neck: Protective Eothasian Charm [*though the Cauldron Shard would be better for this fight]

Shoulders: Cloak of Greater Protection

Rings: Ring of the Solitary Wanderer, Entonia's Signet Ring [*though Voidward would be better for this fight]

Hands: Gatecrashers

Feet: Rakhan Field Boots

Pet: Jules

Food: Honey-Wine Hen 

Lol

Dude that isn’t neriscrylas that’s a different dragon

Why? Because he's not in his natural habitat? :)

He used the console to spawn it - it is Neriscyrlas. You really should watch the videos before commenting. :)

Lol

Or maybe that is Neriscyrlas' house. Dragons like beds too, you know? ;)

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Goldpact/Troubadour   - Summons / Healing  

Goldpact/Devoted        - DW sabers for example Scordeo's Edge + Beza's Toothed Blade , Fighter + Paladin can hit 152 deflection (dragon accuracy) without big problems

Goldpack/Streetfighter 

I don't test other setups

I forget to enable up-scaling. I can't kill him with Ranger/Cipher, Dragon always target my MC and I can't change his aggro to my summon :(  (unlike Ukaizo). If someone know how to change Dragon aggro please point me 

I also tested Ghost Heart / Monk with 140 accuracy and god mode enabled, but I can't even drop his HP under 75%, (That why I hate current penetration system + Dragon scale talent with 50% hit -> crit conversion)

The funny fact Dragon has very high HP regeneration when his health < 75%

Edited by mant2si

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the possibility of beating Neriscyrlas with different weapon configurations:

I just ran through the Neriscyrlas fights (on solo PotD) with a two-handed weapon using Devoted/Berserker. 

Interestingly, I didn't have much trouble beating her in the final battle by making use of the spirits. But I had a much harder time with the initial fight against her in the village.

To beat her in the initial fight, I ended up retraining into a sword-and-board set-up with purely passive abilities (since the fight lasts too long for active abilities to be of much use), using Bronlar's Phalanx, the Animancer Energy Blade, and a ring of greater regeneration. Despite the -10 accuracy penalty for using the wrong kind of weapon, that did the trick. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly charm of bones doesn't guarantee risen mage, so withdraw scrolls are actually better here on TCS at least.

The first time I tried charm it worked perfectly, but when I played TCS I used all charges and only got bad summonsso I had to outwait safeguard.

It is still a very good idea to go for charm of bones because you might just getg lucky and arcane cleanse is so op, since it lasts for 1000s or smth crazy like that.

Sadly charm of bones doesn't guarantee risen mage, so withdraw scrolls are actually better here on TCS at least.

The first time I tried charm it worked perfectly, but when I played TCS I used all charges and only got bad summonsso I had to outwait safeguard.

It is still a very good idea to go for charm of bones because you might just getg lucky and arcane cleanse is so op, since it lasts for 1000s or smth crazy like that.

I thought he uses dampener not cleanse? Cleanse is much stronger xd

I thought he uses dampener not cleanse? Cleanse is much stronger xd

It might be random what it used, on my game it used Cleanse haha.