A seemingly fragile glass cannon that can attacks fast, dodge everything, deal with mobs, and get out of the stickiest situations alive.
What does this build do: goes into fight and builds up asap maximum Wounds, either by deliberately getting yourself hit a couple of times (but who wants that, really), or by using the titular ability of this build, i.e. Dance of Death. Then, as you have a +10 Int +15 Might bonus, you can start casting all the defensive buffs that allow you to not get hit, and keep stacking bonuses while attacking very fast thanks to Lightning Strikes. All of this spiced up by the mystique of the Trickster, which provides all the afflictions and the CC that base Rogue is missing.
- Counts as a dual wield in the off-hand, therefore allowing you to get -15% Recovery from Two Weapon Style;
- At the same time counts as a shield, and as of Patch 1.2, Tuotilo gives access to both bonuses from Two Weapon and Shield style;
- Small shield: no Accuracy penalty, which many great Large Shields unfortunately suffer from (Cadhu and Bronlar, I'm looking at you). Of course the total potential Deflection bonus is nowhere close to the good Large Shields, but the tradeoff is more than reasonable. And since we are going to multiclass Rogue, hitting instead of grazeing gives access to potential crits (Dirty Fighting).
- Counts as a fist, benefits from Transcendent Suffering. Nice.
- Has an upgrade that further increases your accuracy (with fists, and therefore Tuotilo). This is IMHO much preferable on PotD upscaled to the mutually exclusive +10% damage upgrade, as accuracy is never enough. Again, we wanna hit, not graze;
- Sick upgrade (Balanced Shield) that increases defenses with Wounds (+1 Deflec +1 Ref per Wound). Effectively another +10 Deflection. We are getting tanky, folks;
- Available early (can be stolen from Mahiri's shop with either enough Mechanics, or after pickpocketing her - with no buffs needed for the check as of 1.2).
- Still nowhere tanky as a Paladin multiclass with a Bronlar Phalanx, but this character likes living on the edge. Plus, there's always Smoke Veil to get out of nasty situations, reset, and kill what's left;
- The accuracy buff is for fists only, which won't always work. Will need to be swapped out in favor of other weapon/shield or weapon/weapon setups for some fights where Crush immunity is an issue;
- Having Tuotilo equiped reduces your damage output compared to normal dual wielding, as its base damage is inferior to base fists, or by abusing melee/ranged dual wield Two Weapon Style;
The elephant in the room: the defensive upgrade that gives Deflection and Reflexes with Wounds (which is pretty much the key to make this build work) requires a Large Fang component, a unique limited resource. As I was going through the playthrough, I was planning to rush the RDC quests to get it off the Kraken. Alas, this might have required levels and preparation, as a Kraken is not a joke. Surprisingly enough, when I got the shield as soon as I landed in Neketaka, I discovered that I HAD 1 LARGE FANG IN MY STASH (Kreygasm). Where I got it from is unknown to me. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE YOU CAN GET THE LARGE FANG, PLEASE SHARE. I must have thought it was a Tusk when I got it, as they look similar.(EDIT: Large Fangs are actually dropped by drakes, and there's a reasonably easy drake fight in one of the uncharted islands between Port Maje and Neketaka - the one with the Xaurip's cave, if I'm not wrong. Also, they can be bought at the alchemy shop in Periki's Overlook, but they spawn not so often - had to wait for a week for it to be restocked.)
INT 14 -> 16
Go for targets with high accuracy next, as they tend to degrade your buffs (Mirror Image and Enduring Dance); namely, Rogues and Rangers, as they also tend to have nasty DoT effects that, again, degrade your buffs, and come in with a nasty +10 or +20 Accuracy, making it harder to dodge them (Gouging Strike, Accurate Wounding Shot).
Edited by Vonmara, 14 July 2018 - 04:57 AM.